Anyone else give up on platinum?

Scarfacew00t

I was all hyped when I knew this game was coming out but now after a while looking at the game waiting there on the shelf. I did want to platinum it at first sight but now I'm stuck with a 47%. Playing online is simply a nightmare for an average fighting games player like me.

Still, it's a game I love to have in my collection

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was all hyped when I knew this game was coming out but now after a while looking at the game waiting there on the shelf. I did want to platinum it at first sight but now I'm stuck with a 47%. Playing online is simply a nightmare for an average fighting games player like me.

Still, it's a game I love to have in my collection

Try boosting with someone in the same region as you and with the same game region as you :p

Managed to boost the ranked games thanks to a rather annoying but proven method, keep in touch via game chat/other means such as phone, delete each other as friends, go search tag ranked games...exit out the second its NOT your friend, the record wont save it properly but the trophy popped for us all the same despite 5 randoms XD

I got the plat 3 weeks after release. Piece of pie.

thats impossible...... you would have to have 24 hours played with each character and if you were going for the other trophies as well then with all the cut scenes and loading times it would have taken you 4 weeks minimum

not mentioning how crappy online was the first month.

thats impossible...... you would have to have 24 hours played with each character and if you were going for the other trophies as well then with all the cut scenes and loading times it would have taken you 4 weeks minimum

not mentioning how crappy online was the first month.

Okay, I just checked my card again. It's 28 days, not 3 weeks. The point is if you really want something you will do anything to achieve it. Whining won't get you stuff you want.

You didn't get the point here guys.

Of course you can boost some trophies with local help, but for those online wins.. I seriously suck even if I practice with one character I always end up being raped. This is why I gave up on that platinum, but still I love to do 2 or 3 fights with a friends and some beers.

You didn't get the point here guys.

Of course you can boost some trophies with local help, but for those online wins.. I seriously suck even if I practice with one character I always end up being raped. This is why I gave up on that platinum, but still I love to do 2 or 3 fights with a friends and some beers.

Nah, I totally get you dude. Honestly, all the Trophies in this game take some time and patience. The one that I'm working on now is the last Ranked one, and that's the 'Outstanding!' Trophy. This Trophy alone makes me want to take a break from MK again lol. I'm so close to Platinum-ing it that I just cant give up now.

But anyway. Yeah, I get your point. I too am a regular fighter on these games and do average combos and get my ass kicked 4/5 times online, but it doesn't stop me from playing. I enjoy the game, I bought it at full price when it came out (along with all the DLC, which was my first game that I actually bought any DLC and all the DLC), and I'm glad I have it in my game collection. Yeah, there will be spammers and kick-ass players online, but don't let that spoil your fun. You can still play private matches with friends or versus with friends chillin with you.

The Platinum may not be for everyone, as it's somewhat challenging, and very, very time consuming, but don't think of it all at once; just tackle each Trophy one by one. I got done with the offline Trophies first, then worked a little bit on My Kung Fu Is Stronger and took a few months break after that lol. I got pretty bored of the game, as it feels repetitive at times. But now that I'm back to it, I'm working on the online Trophies in order of how successful I'd be at them. Then all you need is a dedicated boosting partner to help each other out, and you're golden. Before you know it, you'll have a nice shiny Platinum added to your collection that will all be worth it. But I'm not saying play the game for the Platinum. No. I'm saying enjoy the game and work on the Trophies in tandem.

I don't rush obtaining my Trophies. I enjoy working on them to achieve my Platinum - be it through boosting means or not. I consider them as secondary objectives and more bang for my buck on the game. But yeah dude, don't give up. Even if you don't work towards the Platinum, then at least enjoy the game for it being MK. Lol Look at me; I suck at the MK games, yet I love the franchise and have grown up with it as a kid ever since MK4.

~ Rafdog89

Edited by Rafdog89

Nah, I totally get you dude. Honestly, all the Trophies in this game take some time and patience. The one that I'm working on now is the last Ranked one, and that's the 'Outstanding!' Trophy. This Trophy alone makes me want to take a break from MK again lol. I'm so close to Platinum-ing it that I just cant give up now.

But anyway. Yeah, I get your point. I too am a regular fighter on these games and do average combos and get my ass kicked 4/5 times online, but it doesn't stop me from playing. I enjoy the game, I bought it at full price when it came out (along with all the DLC, which was my first game that I actually bought any DLC and all the DLC), and I'm glad I have it in my game collection. Yeah, there will be spammers and kick-ass players online, but don't let that spoil your fun. You can still play private matches with friends or versus with friends chillin with you.

The Platinum may not be for everyone, as it's somewhat challenging, and very, very time consuming, but don't think of it all at once; just tackle each Trophy one by one. I got done with the offline Trophies first, then worked a little bit on My Kung Fu Is Stronger and took a few months break after that lol. I got pretty bored of the game, as it feels repetitive at times. But now that I'm back to it, I'm working on the online Trophies in order of how successful I'd be at them. Then all you need is a dedicated boosting partner to help each other out, and you're golden. Before you know it, you'll have a nice shiny Platinum added to your collection that will all be worth it. But I'm not saying play the game for the Platinum. No. I'm saying enjoy the game and work on the Trophies in tandem.

I don't rush obtaining my Trophies. I enjoy working on them to achieve my Platinum - be it through boosting means or not. I consider them as secondary objectives and more bang for my buck on the game. But yeah dude, don't give up. Even if you don't work towards the Platinum, then at least enjoy the game for it being MK. Lol Look at me; I suck at the MK games, yet I love the franchise and have grown up with it as a kid ever since MK4.

~ Rafdog89

That's exacly what I am doing but without even thinking about trophies, I just play for fun sometimes and then put it back on the shelf.

I love MK too since I played every of them on the arcade when they came out. Good memories lol

At first i tought i could nt get it but now i'm sure that i can....the 2 kung fu will be time consuming but need no skill, so now my only real obstacle are outstanding that is my last ranked trophy, the koth trophies, ladder master and you found me ......it' s a lot of crap but with some luck i' ll get that

That's exacly what I am doing but without even thinking about trophies, I just play for fun sometimes and then put it back on the shelf.

I love MK too since I played every of them on the arcade when they came out. Good memories lol

Add me if you ever want to play. I'll probably be taking a break from MK after I Platinum it, but after a few weeks I'm sure I'll play it on occasion. But I'd love to have a few matches with people on these boards. I'll enjoy the practice and have a little fun. Fighting people on Ranked gets pretty competitive, but private matches will be pretty chill.

if i could manage to get online i would...

Why cant you get online?

~ Rafdog89

Add me if you ever want to play. I'll probably be taking a break from MK after I Platinum it, but after a few weeks I'm sure I'll play it on occasion. But I'd love to have a few matches with people on these boards. I'll enjoy the practice and have a little fun. Fighting people on Ranked gets pretty competitive, but private matches will be pretty chill.

~ Rafdog89

Don't be shy to add me mate, I'm more on the battlefield these days but if I have someone to play with it could be nice. PSN:Scarfacew00t

Don't be shy to add me mate, I'm more on the battlefield these days but if I have someone to play with it could be nice. PSN:Scarfacew00t

I'll be on tomorrow. Will try to remember adding you when I get on. And yeah dude, it'll be awesome to play a few matches. I'll have to practice a little, as I'm super rusty right now (to the point where I'd just jump around, do 2/3 hit combos, and spam special attacks lol). I'll be working on MKFIS when I'm not helping out my boosting partner, so I'm sure I'll get the feeling back for the game as I work on my final trophy for the game.

~ Rafdog89

I'll be on tomorrow. Will try to remember adding you when I get on. And yeah dude, it'll be awesome to play a few matches. I'll have to practice a little, as I'm super rusty right now (to the point where I'd just jump around, do 2/3 hit combos, and spam special attacks lol). I'll be working on MKFIS when I'm not helping out my boosting partner, so I'm sure I'll get the feeling back for the game as I work on my final trophy for the game.

~ Rafdog89

Great see you on the fatality screen! :o You'll rape me I'm sure!

• 2 weeks later...