10 wins a row?

Rafdog89

Does ejecting the disc still work? I haven't heard much about this trophy and about the disc ejecting. I figure this works much better on a 360, as it has a disc tray. But I'm afraid that the game wont come out fast enough when I eject it right before the game says 'Finish Him.'

Has anyone had any problems with this method or it harming your PS3 in any way? I pretty much have to stick to this to obtain this trophy, as I enjoy MK, but I'm pretty terrible at it lol. Not to mention the online play is so much different than offline. The hits lag so much and it feels like your character is super heavy and slow online.

If I have to do this trophy legit, it's going to take me so much time. I have to get use to the online play; have to get use to 1 character; and so on. Hate trophies like this...

Edit: There's also the method of quickly going to the XMB and quitting the game. This sounds much safer for your PS3. Does this method work? Has anyone tried this out and obtained the trophy? Or did they release a patch to fix this? And the game says before I start a match that disconnecting will affect something in my stats, but does anyone even care lol? I don't care for my stats; I'm just trying to Plat this game.

~ Rafdog89

Edited by Rafdog89

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shut down your ps3 is all u need and yes it still works

Wouldn't it be faster to quickly quit the game rather turn off your PS3 and turn it back on over and over?

And let's say I have a 8 streak win, and I play someone but they quit/disconnect -- what will happen to my streak? Will it go back to 0? Because I've seen a few videos on YouTube where they were about to get 10 wins in a row, and the last person disconnected on them, and they went back to the lobby and their win streak was changed back to 0.

~ Rafdog89

Wouldn't it be faster to quickly quit the game rather turn off your PS3 and turn it back on over and over?

And let's say I have a 8 streak win, and I play someone but they quit/disconnect -- what will happen to my streak? Will it go back to 0? Because I've seen a few videos on YouTube where they were about to get 10 wins in a row, and the last person disconnected on them, and they went back to the lobby and their win streak was changed back to 0.

~ Rafdog89

damn u got alot of time in your hands to write your signature out like that but idk there are some instances where that happens. Whenever something is online strange things will happen

damn u got alot of time in your hands to write your signature out like that but idk there are some instances where that happens. Whenever something is online strange things will happen

Haha, thanks? And not really. It took me about 10 minutes. It's clean, organized, and people can clearly see what I'm working on/need.

And agreed. Playing games online do have mysterious outcomes at times. As for quitting or turning off the PS3, I think I'll just stick to quickly quitting the game before it says Finish Him. I'm sure this method will be less harmful to my PS3. Just hope no one quits/disconnects while I'm working on the 10 in a row.

~ Rafdog89

Edited by Rafdog89

Do the USB trick of saving you winning streak in a USB. So no one needs to disconnect and ruin the online experience for the other player.

If you win, save that win in the USB. If you lose, reload the previous save and continue until you have 10 ranked wins.

Worked for me

So basically when I do this trick, every time I win, I need to quit the game, put the save file onto my USB, then go back to the game and back to the lobby. Then fight again, and if I win, I need to quit, put the save file onto the USB again (overwriting the last save files) and go back to the lobby.

If I lose, quit the game, put the save files from my USB onto my hard drive and overwrite the ones I have on there (since those will state I lost) and go back to the lobby and see if I win this time.

This trick might not work for me, as I assume I'm going to lose more times than I'm going to win. But it does make me seem like less of a 'cheater.'

How long did it take you to get the 10 in a row with this method?

~ Rafdog89

I flicked the switch at the wall.

Only had to do it once, Got 9 in a row and then got destroyed.

Lol I don't have a switch. I'd have to unplug my PS3 in that case, which I don't think my PS3 will like.

I have to practice a little online before I can manage to even consider getting this trophy. I'll just have to get lucky and face n00bs who are just as n00by as I am at this game.

The thing I hate about this game is that they got you so use to the in-game fighting and when you think you're bad-ass and start playing it online, you get your ass kicked big time. The play style online is so different. Like I've said before, the timing is way off, and the characters feel so heavy and slow when used online. So practice (basically getting my ass kicked) online will help me towards this trophy. And to get good at quitting the game before I lose or at least try out the USB method.

~ Rafdog89

The USB method took me a whole Saturday morning but I did it!!

I'm an average fighter and it was like 1 out of 5 tries, I fought a noob and won.

Got outstanding and got the plat

You wasted your time straight up. Just quit out of game before the save icon appears. So either before the finish him, or durin when he says finish him. Reboot and start again. Takes 1hr tops.

The USB method took me a whole Saturday morning but I did it!!

I'm an average fighter and it was like 1 out of 5 tries, I fought a noob and won.

Got outstanding and got the plat

Well, still, at least you got it. I'd pretty much be the same -- obtaining about 1/5 wins (2/5 if I get lucky).

Since I do have a USB, I can use both tricks at once. I can keep my save file on my USB, and if I get a quitter/disconnect-er near the end, I can feel safe knowing that I have my win streak saved on my previous save file. That way, I don't have to build up to 8/9 wins again.

~ Rafdog89

I got this trophy by pressing the XMB button and quitting before it said finish him, and I also had two of my opponents quit on me, but still got the trophy. I don't think it matters if they quit, but I could be wrong. I played about 20 games (including the two where my opponent quit) and won 10 of them, so I think when they quit, it's not a win or a loss.

I got this trophy by pressing the XMB button and quitting before it said finish him, and I also had two of my opponents quit on me, but still got the trophy. I don't think it matters if they quit, but I could be wrong. I played about 20 games (including the two where my opponent quit) and won 10 of them, so I think when they quit, it's not a win or a loss.

Huh. All right, thanks for the heads up.

~ Rafdog89

funny thing about this method... i needed the outstanding! trophy (and my kung fu is stronger) but it's nearly impossible to get it because:

1) takes minutes to find opponent in ranked

2) everyone spams

3) lag! which makes spammers worse

4) matchmaking system sucks (you can either face beginners or pros)

i'm really good at that game but chances that i'll get a 10 win streak in ranked are slim. i read about this method, went online, but decided to write a message to my opponent asking if i could win. he didn't reply because he's from brazil, chooses liu kang, does the stupid kang stuff, but i beat him and the trophy pops up! i barely played ranked because of the netcode. i only had like a 6 win streak from other trophies i got (i'm not dead yet, don't jump, throws are for champs) and still got the trophy. it's definitely bugged.

Do the USB trick of saving you winning streak in a USB. So no one needs to disconnect and ruin the online experience for the other player.

If you win, save that win in the USB. If you lose, reload the previous save and continue until you have 10 ranked wins.

Worked for me

Could you please telle me wich one of the 3 save files did you copy in your USB stick ?

This way seems better to disconect, I won't waste other peoples game experience.

Could you please telle me wich one of the 3 save files did you copy in your USB stick ?

This way seems better to disconect, I won't waste other peoples game experience.

Just copy all 3. They're not that big of files anyway. Loading all 3 back and forth might take a few seconds, but it beats being confused.

And lol I thought I was the only one with 3 save files due to me changing my options for the game (things like brightness and whatnot).

~ Rafdog89

Worked for me

This 100% worked. My trophy unlocked exactly after 10 wins in a row. I had like 15 losses and a few D/C's, but it didn't affect the trophy. If someone D/C'd on me, I would be paranoid and reload my saves off the USB lol. Just in case. I didn't want anything to ruin my win 'streak.'

The one thing I was afraid of was that this method would not work and I would have to end up doing the rage quit method. But I'm glad this method worked and hopefully it creates less rage quitters online.

So if you're having difficulty with obtaining the 'Outstanding!' trophy, then use the USB method. I'm not sure if this method is or isn't against the rules, but if it is, and a mod deletes my post(s), then please inform me about it via PM. If it is allowed, then I say use this method. I used my 8 GB flashdrive. I'm sure you can use a cheap 2 GB flashdrive as well. So good luck to those who are having a tough time getting 10 in a row on ranked.

~ Rafdog89

The easier method is to just get good at the game so you don't have to be part of the problem with online fighting games: people who rage quit ranked matches.

Actually, people don't have to rage quit if they use the USB method. It's simple, works 100%, and you don't have to quit. You can win or lose the match with the USB method (obviously you're trying to win).

And sometimes, finding rage quitters is not bad. You still gain the win from them quitting, so I don't really mind. It's just a surprise in the end and you don't get to do a Fatality.

~ Rafdog89

The easier method is to just get good at the game so you don't have to be part of the problem with online fighting games: people who rage quit ranked matches.

this game has some of the most effective spamming combined with possibly the worst netcode for a fighting game to date, not to mention ranked matchmaking is bugged. being good isn't going to help you much with this trophy. luckily, i awarded outstanding! after a 7 win streak in ranked. i don't know how or why but i'm not complaining. 3 characters away form platinum!

this game has some of the most effective spamming combined with possibly the worst netcode for a fighting game to date, not to mention ranked matchmaking is bugged. being good isn't going to help you much with this trophy. luckily, i awarded outstanding! after a 7 win streak in ranked. i don't know how or why but i'm not complaining. 3 characters away form platinum!

Agreed. The online sucks, teleport/spam moves are too effective in MK games, and ranked matches do not take into account player skill/rank at all mixing newbies with pros. It's a very poor online and 'getting good' is simply not enough.

I kind of regret getting this game because I honestly think the gameplay is bad and despite liking fighters the violence and gore are a bit over the top too. Friend of mine pushed me to buy it on release because he bought it too, so well, I got stuck with this but I'm more of a Street Fighter/Tekken/KOF dude.

Edited by Guimace

• 3 weeks later...