My Kung-Fu is Stronger In-depth Guide

Obie83

My Kung-Fu Is Stronger indepth Trophy Guide

So i have decided to write an in depth guide for My Kung-Fu Is Stronger since its the only real timeconsuming trophy this game has and i think it deserves a guide of its own since there is so many small tips that can help make this trophy alot easier, many of the tips explained is probably known by alot of people, but there will always be new people looking for info and some of my information written here is found nowhere since its alot of stuff i found out my self whilst grinding for the trophy.

I'm also aware that alot of this stuff can be found around on the forum i just thought that having everything in a single thread serves a better purpose, especially because this is the trophy that most people will be stuck with in the long run.

First of all here is some general information about the trophy:

Each Character will need to have the following criterias filled:

1. 100 Victories
  2. 100 -alities (Babality, Fatality,Stage Fatality all works).
  3. 150 X-rays landed(x-rays not landed propperly such as knocking out a tag member on low health dosnt count).
  4. 10.000 Pints of Blood Spilled.
  5. 24 hours of game played .

IMPORTANT:

All criterias must be done on player 1 on your Playstation 3 system, DLC characters which includes Freddy krueger, Skarlet, Rain and Kenshi is NOT NEEDED for the trophy, however Kratos, Quan-Chi and Cyber Sub-zero is, basicly any character who is listed in the Nekropolis is needed(28 total)

All of this can be done in online matches as well, Koth rooms also works, but i wouldnt suggest doing this online, however it is pretty smart if you want to play some online in between then do not max out your favorite char(s) since it will help you a little, but not much.

Stuff done in practice mode(besides devotion time) does NOT count towards the milestones.

Step 1:

Now that we know what to do and when we accepted that once we start this trophy it would be stupid not to get it done, since its a long grind, but then again its nowhere near a "difficult" trophy to get in terms of performance, its a pure grind and its very very boring unless you like me; uses some good tips to make it go smoother.

Step 2:

The devotion time is something that can be done in tag practice mode or in 2 player tag, this way we half the amount of time needed by having 2 characters present at a time as well as being able to just let them stand there overnight or while working / school / going out, its a big buff to the electric bill by leaving the ps3 on for this long, but if you devote yourself to getting this trophy then its needed, i personally made sure that my ps3 got a few hours break as well as opening a window so it could cool off propperly, i recently switched to slim ps3 from a fat 40gb and tbh, it started overheating and making wierd sounds which is why i had to replace it with a new and less powerconsuming ps3:).

Once the devotion time is done, or if you prefer to take that step later we can move on to

Step 3:

Finishing X-rays is what i did first after the devotion time, i started from one row to another on the character screen starting with scorpion and then liu kang and so on, that way i could keep track of how far ive come and it also made me feel better seeing that now im done with that row, or now im halfway and so on.

To start off with you want to go to 2 player tag vs and input the code 4-6-6-4-6-6(:square: x4, :triangle: + :circle: x 6 on both controllers) for unlimited super meter and make sure the rounds are set to 3(some people believe its better to set the rounds to 1 and get a faster fatality to go, but i believe its alot easier to get one milestone done at a time, ie finish the xrays with 18-24 per game instead of 6-8 x-rays +1 fatality since its alot faster to do the fatalities and just focus on them later on).

Further below is a lot of great tips for making faster x-rays with some of the characters, some characters will simply have slow x-rays and a little delay before they can make the next one, others can chain them into one big combo or even cut of damage making you able to make more per round than originally intended, more about that later.

You can hold L2 to input fatalities and your char will not jump at all...

Also for Lui Kang section, you can chain many X-Rays as you can in one combo reducing the scale damage by just doing one step and punching your oponent in the air between each X-Ray... One takes 30%, two 49%, three 60%, four i think around 75% and on...

Also a good tip you should add is Attacks with no damage, for example Sub-Zero's Ice Ball/Beam/Puddle and/or Kitana's Uprise/Uplift... Those attacks decrease the scale damage, for example you said you can make 18 X-Rays w/Noob, that's true, because he takes 36% damage... But if you combo his X-Ray w/Zero's Ice Beam, it takes 30%, then you can now make 24 per match, and you don't even need to switch chars, just do Down, Back + L1 w/Noob and Zero will freeze you opponent with an Ice Beam, because that's what his Tag Attack does.

The most scale reducer attack is jum diagonal w/any punch in the air. With Kitana Normally takes 31% but if you lift your opponent then punch him in the air, then X-Ray, it takes 20%. Now you can do 30 per match. As i said before with Sub-Zero, you can pick her as your teammate and use the enhanced version of Uprise and when the opponent is in the air, switch characters, punch him in the air and hit your X-Ray... A good examples are Reptile's X-Ray, which normally takes 33%, this way he takes 21% or Ermac wich decreases from 35% to 23%.

So in conclusion...Use Kitana's Uprise and air punch to hit your X-Rays (Ermac, Reptile, Kung Lao, Zero, Etc.) and when you can't combo it (Kano, Noob, Sheeva, etc.) use Sub Zero's Ice Beam.

EDIT: I found Kabal's Nomad Dash/Charge very useful too to decrease damage, use it just like Zero's Ice Ball.

Here is a video showing the damage difference explained above:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au7-r-jNDAU]Mortal Kombat X-ray boosting damage scale - YouTube[/ame]

Step 4:

The fatalities and Victories, a victory is obviously counted into each fatality so no need to ever go after victories, unless you are going for other trophies such as king of the hill respekt points and so on, so moving on.

For fatalities you go to 1v1 and set the rounds to 1 and you make sure you choose the pit stage(day or night dosnt matter) and you enter the code 0-4-4-4-4-0(:square: + :triangle: x 4 on player 1 and :triangle: + :circle: x 4 on player 2).

Once the fight starts dash in and press either square or triangle once to quickly slap your opponent, the reason for this is that its different from char to char which slap is "faster" since you cant perform a fatality untill they are "stunned" in the finish him portion of the fight, remember one of the reason im writing this guide is to optimize the time spent on fatalities since even half a second adds minutes in the end if you know how to save time.

Once you have punched your opponent once with the fastest recovery punch your char has, perform the stage fatality, the reason for this is that first of all it's the fastest fatality there is, and it also helps you spill a decent amount of blood.

If you have trouble with performing stage fatalities due to having a hard time pressing block and releasing it you could ofcourse do another easier fatality, but i would advice you to learn to release :r2: before pressing the last buttong, an example is Ermac, his stage fatality is :down: :up: :down: :down: :cross: and this can be done even without holding :r2:, as long as you do it slowly but not too slowly and it still works.

You wanna be aiming at finishing each fatality in aprox 31 seconds, if you can do it in 30 then your a boss, that includes the loading time at the combat code, and the time it takes for the announcer to say fatality and the game saving.

So ideally you can finish each characters fatalities in a little under an hour, which is pretty damn decent if you wanna pull an allnight and just suck it in and do alot of chars in one go, however be careful its hella boring :D

Make sure you have a pen and a piece of paper to write a line everytime you make a fatality, this way you can keep track of how many you still need, personally making too many makes me angry :D i took my phone and did "laps" of 30,9 seconds pr fatality so its not that bad once you analyze it, for the love of god do not think like this; omg i need to do 2800 fatalities and 4200 x-rays, if you think like that you will just burn yourself out .

Edited by Terminator
Fixed spacing issue and removed signature.

Step 5:

Blood Spill:

So here comes a somewhat easy task, but it varies so damn much between the characters, for example with baraka, i had over half his blood spilled before even doing a fatality(challenge tower) but with sub-zero i missed crazy much, same with cyrax, so it varies from char to char, i will list a quick way to spill blood with each character further below, however there is a fast way to do this overall, and thats by entering the combat code 0-9-1-0-9-1(9x :triangle: 1 x :circle: per controller) for hyper combat, this speeds up the battles by alot, some people would prefer the health regen code(0-1-2-0-1-2), but it dosnt really help anything if you ask me.

Some chars will automaticly have blood spill maxed out when u finish fatalities, but alot of the chars dosnt, but trust me this is by far the easiest task here in this trophy, its not that boring either as watching 2800 pit fatalities >-<.

Below are my personal tips for each of the character, if you guys think i missed something or if you have your own personal tip to add to the guide then feel free to post or pm and i will edit the guide. Each Stage Fatality input is displayed after each name and every fatality is listed facing right(standing to the left!))

Scorpion(:right: :up: :up: :square:); one of the chars that has :up: in his stage fatality, master the :r2: button here, nothing easier to do but spamming his xray, the good thing is that it works at every range, scorpion can make 7 xray-s pr round, 21 pr tag match. For blood spill i used 3 x :square: combo.

Liu Kang(:down: :right: :left: :cross:): is one of the pro guys that can position himself further back to avoid one of the hits with his x-ray and still get the x-ray in but at lower damage resulting in being able to get an extra one in pr start of the round, master this in a few rounds and he will be silly easy to finish. Liu Kang also has an easy stage fatality and even a very fast regular fatality should you forget to pick the pit stage:) For blood spill the bicycle kick(:left: :left: :right: :circle:) with hyper combat enabled goes extremely fast.

Kung Lao(:down: :right: :down: :cross:); my absolute favorite to do x-rays with, dash your opponent to the right corner, do the x-ray, and as soon as it ends, do another one in the same combo, keep it going and the dimishing returns(reduced damage the long combo you gain, also called damage scaling) results in an extra x-ray pr round. For blood spill i used his chained fists combo(:triangle: :square: :triangle: :square: :triangle:) with hyper combat enabled.

Sub-Zero(:right: :down: :left: :triangle:): one of the boring ones to level, he has a slight cooldown after doing one, but the range makes it easy to look elsewhere while doing it. Easy stage fatality and a quick way to spill blood is :triangle: :triangle:(dont do the third :triangle: since it will knock ur opponent down).

Sindel(:down: :down: :down: :square:): Sindels x-ray hits low and is actually quite fast, she screams in the end knock your opponent away so get into the corner first and she has almost no cooldown on making another one, sindels x-ray is one of the lowest damaging x-rays resulting in 4 pr health bar(24! pr 3 round matches in tag). For blood spill, using :triangle: :triangle: combo will spill around 500 blood pr match if still needed.

Ermac(:down: :up: :down: :down: :cross:): Quite annoying stage fatality, but totally doable once you get a hang of it, you can do this by pressing it slowly and not touching the :r2: button at all(same works for his fatality with similar input). For x-rays you cant do much other than spamming it from the start of the match, he has a small delay, but not as much as cyrax or sub zero. For bloodspil i used :triangle: :triangle: spam, worked wonders, :left: :square: also spills quite some blood.

Reptile(:right: :down: :down: :r2:): Reptiles x-ray is slow as hell, and also damages 34% per x-ray resulting in 21 pr 3 rounds of tag, he has almost no delay on making another one, so as soon as your opponent goes up you can do another, dont spam it though since he can perform one faster than your opponent can get up, for blood spilled i used :cross: :triangle: combo for around 600 blood spilled pr match.

Kitana(:right: :down: :down: :cross:): her x-ray can be spammed due to delay, for bloodspill i used fan spam :down: :right: :square:, spills an insane amount of blood compared to most others so shouldnt be that hard.

Johnny Cage(:down: :left: :right: :r2:): By far the hardest X-ray to boost of them all since you need to be able to take a hit during his "taunt" when you use his x-ray, if you do not have a second controller the only way to boost this is to do ladder which will take you a horrible long time to finish, for his bloodspill i used :right: :triangle: :triangle: combo, worked wonders with 2 elbows to the face.

Jade(:left: :right: :down: :r2:): Her x-ray is rather slow, damages 35% resulting in only 7 pr round, can be spammed due to delay. For bloodspill i used :left: :square: for the quick tripple jab, spills around 600 pr 3 rounds.

Mileena(:down: :down: :down: :square:): 21 x-rays pr match, its a quick recovery but you need to dash in to make another one or keep your opponent in the corner, even though it looks like itm, her x-ray spills almost no blood at all, i used :square: :square: :triangle: combo for bloodspill and it spilled around 500 pr match.

Nightwolf(:down: :down: :down: :r2:): can perform 18 x-rays per 3 rounds in a tag match, its slow as hell and its generally just annoying since he is so far away after ending his x-ray, however his stage fatality is hella easy so just dash in with a quick punch and press :down: :down: :down: :r2: for fast fatalities. For bloodspill i used :square: :triangle: :triangle: :square: combo for around 550 blood spilled pr match.

Cyrax(:down: :up: :r2:): Cyrax has an incredibly easy stage fatality making it very easy to just dash in and pressing :square: once followed by :down: :up: :r2: giving a result of nearly 30 secs pr fatality once you get a hang of it, his x-ray however is pretty damn annoying, it also has a cooldown so you cant really input them very fast, however a great way to know when to x-ray after another is to fight against kung lao and watch when his hat respawns you can input another x-ray. For bloodspill i used :square: :square: :square: spam and it worked wonders in the long run, if anyone has a faster way of spilling blood please post in this thread.

Another great way to spill blood is to use his Buzzsaw(:left: :right: :triangle:) Thanks to juggalo_love for this tip

Noob Saibot(:right: :down: :right: :r2:): His x-ray is spammable, you can perform 18 pr 3 rounds only though, also his x-ray takes quite long to perform compared to many others, for his bloodspill i used :triangle: :square: :triangle: combo for around 600 pr match, so not that bad. easy stage fatality as well.

Smoke(:right: :up: :up: :square:): He can perform 18 x-rays per 3 rounds of tag. His stage fatality can be hard to master if you have a hard time using block in your fatalities, but a bit of practice and it should be no problem. Since smoke was my first character to master for some wierd reason i can't remember if he even needed blood spill, i dont think so after all his x-rays, but if he does i will get back to this later on.

Sektor(:down: :right: :down: :r2:): Sektor can perform 21 X-rays per 3 rounds of tag, it has a slight delay after performing an x-ray, but can be done at any range, his stage fatality is fairly simple as well resulting in fast fatalities when you get to that part. If you need to spill blood with sektor the combo :square: :triangle: is spilling nearly 600 per match.

Sonya(:left: :right: :down: :triangle:): Sonya is another one of the chars that can do a damage reduced x-ray, you can basicly step as far back as it only needs her last kick to connect before entering x-ray mode, resulting in 29% damage per x-ray, that means 4 per opponent resulting in 24 per 3 rounds of tag. If you still need blood spilled you can perform her bicycle kick for fast bloodspill.

Edited by Obie83

Jax(:down: :right: :down: :square:): Jax can perform 18 x-rays in 3 rounds of tag, its pretty fast, but he has a delay before he can use another one and you will need to dash in or stand in a corner to optimize speed. For stage fatalities his input is very easy and shouldnt cause any problem. if you need blood spilled :triangle: :triangle: is a good double elbow to spill blood.

Kano(:up::up: :left: :cross:): Kano can perform 18 x-rays per 3 rounds of tag, its very slow and also has a delay after performing one, his stage fatality is very tricky if you aren't very good with using block in fatalities, the trick is to release block BEFORE inputting the last command(in this case, X, but you can release it after the up, up part). If you need blood spilled :square: :square: :triangle: is a great combo that dosnt knock down your opponent, so you use hyper fighting and it shouldnt be a problem.

Stryker(:right: :up: :up: :circle:): Stryker can perform 18 x-rays per 3 rounds of tag, its slow as hell and you need to get close to perform another one(and LOL who knew that getting bliinded by a flashlight actually spilled blood and dealt damage haha, notice the health bar during his "spread em quote"), not much you can do about that, his stage fatality is again a fatality that has an up in it, so master this with the block button or perform another fatality, however i advice you to learn the stage fatalities since it takes alot less time compared to a normal one. For spilling blood stryker is boss, his baton sweep combo( :left: :triangle: :square:) and his gun shots(:left: :right: :square:) is just insane, you will see when you try :).

Shang Tsung(:up: :up: :left: :square:): Shang Tsung can do 21 x-rays per 3 rounds of tag, his x-ray is long range so can be spammed, it has a very short delay, but works good if you just spam it. his stage fatality is similar to Kano's, very annoying untill you master the block button, read Kano's miniguide to figure it out. If you need blood spilled the combo :left: :square: :triangle: :square: :circle: works wonders and will spill the regular 450-500 blood.

Baraka(:down: :down: :down: :down: :cross:): hes the master of blood spill, first from his challenges in the tower, and then his chop chop(:left: :left: :square:) ability, shouldnt be a problem here, his xray is rather slow, but yet still cool to watch every time!, easy stage fatality and his x-rays are pretty okay to perform even though he has a slight delay.

Kabal(:down: :down: :circle:): Kabal can perform 18 x-rays pr 3 rounds of tag, his stage fatality is very simple and can be performed very fast once you dashed in and punched at the start of the fight, for bloodspill i used his combo :left: :square: :triangle: :square: and i must say his x-ray spills quite alot of blood on its own so not sure if its needed in the long end.

Raiden(:down: :down: :down: :triangle:):Raiden can do 18 x-rays per 3 rounds of tag, its very slow and you will need to dash in to make a new one, his stage fatality is very simple and can be performed ultra fast after a dash in punch with san's power enabled, if you need to spill blood with raiden one way to do it is to perform his heavenly hand combo, :square: :triangle: :square: :triangle:.

Cyber Sub-Zero(:down: :down: :up: :r2:): one of the more annoying x-rays to perform since he needs to be in the air to perform it, so what you do is you jump towards your opponent and use it before landing, his x-ray can be performed 18 times per 3 rounds of tag, however it has no delay so you can jump again immediatly after an x-ray and perform another. If you need to spill blood with cyber sub-zero he has an arsenal of good combos, actually he has so many that i cant find out which one is the best! So if you know the best method please post. His stage fatality is pretty simple once you get a hang of it.

juggalo_love posted a great tip: For bloodspill use the combo :triangle: :square: :square:+:triangle:

Sheeva(:down: :down: :down: :down: :square:): Sheeva's x-ray can be performed anywhere and she can perform 21 x-rays in 3 rounds of tag, it has close to no delay so can almost be chained and definatly spammable, her stage fatality is incredibly easy as well and she was actually one of the chars i enjoyed finishing, if you need to spill blood she is also quite bossy, use her grab'n'punch :left: :right: :cross:.

Quan-Chi(:left: :right: :down: :triangle:): Quan-Chi's x-ray is kinda annoying since he needs to be close resulting in a need to dash in and perform another one, he can perform 21 per 3 rounds of tag, luckily his x-ray isnt the slowest, if you need bloodspill you can spam square x 2 for 2 quick jabs that spills around 500 per match.

Kratos(:down:, :down:, :down:, :cross:): Kratos can perform 18 x-rays per 3 rounds of tag, you need to either be in a corner or dash in to make another one, it has an annoying delay, his stage fatality is very easy and can be performed very fast for quick fatalities. For spilling blood his combo :square: :square: :triangle: is great.

That concludes my tips for the characters and i would like to say that this is by far the most time consuming guide i have ever written in any game, if you guys have any questions or if you would like to add something feel free to post here or pm me whenever.

Hope you found it helpfull

Edit: i will try to make it a bit easier to read by adding some colors and maybe some videos later on. Thread is still under construction :)

Edited by Obie83

Great guide!

This is not a trophy im really going to try to go after, I want it to come with time. I play this game alot and maybe near the end I might try to boost a little but im getting pretty good progression just playing normally, Heck I already have 8 hours played as smoke without boosting at all.

The requirements for this trophy are so high that I find it better to just not pay to much attention to it

Great guide!

This is not a trophy im really going to try to go after, I want it to come with time. I play this game alot and maybe near the end I might try to boost a little but im getting pretty good progression just playing normally, Heck I already have 8 hours played as smoke without boosting at all.

The requirements for this trophy are so high that I find it better to just not pay to much attention to it

Thats another way to look at it, i also play alot of online, but a part of me just want to get it overwith so i can chill with regular online play without knowing i have to do this and that etc:D

great guide man...actually im using it as i tyoe this messsage. its really helped knowing the combos that are most effective for bloodspill...the only thing i can add right now is for cyrax his bladesaw special makes the blood flow soooo fast...to me its faster than you indicated combo but never actually checked into it indepth...worth lookin into tho. keep up the great work:applause:

great guide man...actually im using it as i tyoe this messsage. its really helped knowing the combos that are most effective for bloodspill...the only thing i can add right now is for cyrax his bladesaw special makes the blood flow soooo fast...to me its faster than you indicated combo but never actually checked into it indepth...worth lookin into tho. keep up the great work:applause:

Great tip here, it actually worked nice with his enhanced buzzsaw as well, i added the tip to the cyrax part and thanks for the contribution:)

Does setting the ps3 time ahead 24hrs work?

Has anyone tried ?

I don't think you can set the time while in-game...just tried and it would make me quit the game if I tried to access Date&Time.

Considering sending Boon an email pleading to tone down the time-requirement for mastering. I don't want to kill my PS3/use so much electricity. Still have to peak my B-spec Bob in GT5 and do 1440 minutes of Create in LBP2. :pout:

Good guide, especially the blood spill section!

I'm using the tag practice method for non-ninja fighters. That way I'm free to use my ninjas for the KotH trophies and not have to worry about them being mastered.

It's fun to train with your main fighters as well, you can quickly rack up time learning the timing with their moves and trying to create your own kombos and whatnot. This will definitely benefit you if you actually enjoy this game and like to play online. :thumbsup:

Edit: Would it be possible to accumulate time for 4 characters at once if you do a local tag match with 2 controllers? Tag practice racks up time for the 2 characters you use...

Edited by TheLastNinja

coming to drop in another tip...i see u still havent put up a permanent combo for cyber sub. ive found one that racks up around 1000 per match...havent fully tested to check but i know i was around 4000-4400 and in 2 matches i went up to 6307 ...anywho the combo is triangle square and triangle + square....its seems to be the most effective IMO...again i cant thank ya enough for the guide. its made this journey a lot easier...:applause:

edit: i just tested it on one match...i got 762 pints with three round match...and i opted for the health recovery because u can chain the combo together for damage stacking for more blood but am not uite quick enough to do it with hyper fighting...cheers to all on the long road

Edited by juggalo_love

By playing legitly, i have UNDER 3 HOURS played with every character yet every one of them has 10k blood, 100 wins/fats, and 150 xrays.

Leaving 2 player tag team idling while i work or sleep is something im not prepared to do. Thats a lot of wear and tear on the poor PS3. :mad:

lol me too, the ones I haven't left idle have around half an hour or 1 hour at most, the only one I've been mastering legit is Sektor, and it's so funny how unbalanced everything is, I have like 200+wins, + or - 120 fatalities, still working on X-rays, about 20 left, 43,000+ pints of blood spilled!! and 18 hours! lol, by the time I get to 24 hours I'll probably have 300 wins, 200 fatalities, 200 X-rays, 60,000 + pints of blood spilled. Those 18 hours have been spent while I was working on combos for him, recording them, online, and trying hundreds of times to beat the expert ladder without continues lol.

coming to drop in another tip...i see u still havent put up a permanent combo for cyber sub. ive found one that racks up around 1000 per match...havent fully tested to check but i know i was around 4000-4400 and in 2 matches i went up to 6307 ...anywho the combo is triangle square and triangle + square....its seems to be the most effective IMO...again i cant thank ya enough for the guide. its made this journey a lot easier...:applause:

edit: i just tested it on one match...i got 762 pints with three round match...and i opted for the health recovery because u can chain the combo together for damage stacking for more blood but am not uite quick enough to do it with hyper fighting...cheers to all on the long road

Thanks for the tip, ive added it to the guide, havent had much time to update this guide since i been playing Deus Ex, but i will do my best to update it and thanks for the kind words :applause: