XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 07-18-2011, 01:55 PM   #1
ResidentXombie

Default Rain a "joke" character?

I'm getting tired of idiots posting Purple Rain this, Purple Rain that, is Rain The Prince?, and posting lyrics from Purple Rain. He obviously has evolved as a character, and he is the most demanded character for DLC. He physically looks cooler than most of the other ninjas, especially that cheap turd Ermac. So why still all the hate for Rain?
ResidentXombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:58 PM   #2
N Tail

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentXombie View Post
I'm getting tired of idiots posting Purple Rain this, Purple Rain that, is Rain The Prince?, and posting lyrics from Purple Rain. He obviously has evolved as a character, and he is the most demanded character for DLC. He physically looks cooler than most of the other ninjas, especially that cheap turd Ermac. So why still all the hate for Rain?
There is no real 'hate' for Rain, it's just people having banter with a character name (and colour for christ sake) that is so easily worked around. As for the 'cooler looking than other ninjas' that is entirely your opinion and I doubt many people agree with you, the purple costume just won't do it for some people. It's a bit of banter - lighten up

http://triangle-circle-x-square.blogspot.com/ - My gaming blog
N Tail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:24 PM   #3
AngelsDontKill6

yeah i honestly dont think anyone really hates rain, like you said he is the most demanded character for dlc.

IMO his costume is the most bad ass though.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:24 PM   #4
Sin-City-Big-Boy

Send a message via Yahoo to Sin-City-Big-Boy

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

WHAT! Some body is hating on water? Ain't this a b****. Ha. Naw bro, I don't think anybody is hating on Rain like that. He one of the best ones outta everybody. People just like giving him nicknames that all.

Sin-City-Big-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:28 PM   #5
oversoul53

Send a message via AIM to oversoul53 Send a message via MSN to oversoul53 Send a message via Yahoo to oversoul53 Send a message via Skype™ to oversoul53

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

lol, the things people get mad about these days

I'm a PlayStation MVP and you can be too
Add/Follow me on: Facebook Twitter GetGlue FourSquare
Google+ and/or YouTube
Read My Blog For Game Reviews and News
oversoul53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:08 PM   #6
WINAS3

Awards Showcase Bronzer Than Nothing   Maximum Clubs Top 5   1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

I like Rain, but i also like the fun poked @ him, yet thats the case for any Mk character, if its relatable then hell why not have some fun with it.
You say Ermac's a cheap turd and i laugh, big deal.
Ppl take things way too seriously these days
Old 07-18-2011, 09:42 PM   #7
joe250

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINAS3 View Post
I like Rain, but i also like the fun poked @ him, yet thats the case for any Mk character, if its relatable then hell why not have some fun with it.
You say Ermac's a cheap turd and i laugh, big deal.
Ppl take things way too seriously these days
ermac is no cheap turd. They nerf him alot and emac usually never touches me, his wake up used to get me but just block and you get a free full kombo

I have a 100% profile

TOP 5 : KILLZONE 2, GTA IV, MIDNIGHT CLUB LA, MORTAL KOMBAT VS DC UNIVERSE, BATTLEFIELD BC

All Kombos trophys for mk vs dc and mk9 ready to sync.
joe250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:55 AM   #8
ResidentXombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Tail View Post
There is no real 'hate' for Rain, it's just people having banter with a character name (and colour for christ sake) that is so easily worked around. As for the 'cooler looking than other ninjas' that is entirely your opinion and I doubt many people agree with you, the purple costume just won't do it for some people. It's a bit of banter - lighten up
You mention the color purple? Scorpion is freaking yellow! The color of my piss! Ermac is red, also considered feminine. Actually the official mortal kombat Facebook page comments agree with me that his character design is awesome.

I'm world ranked like 385, and I have trouble with good ermac, Liu Lang, and Kung Lao players. I mostly play using smoke, my fav character.

Last edited by ResidentXombie; 07-19-2011 at 12:57 AM.
ResidentXombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:11 AM   #9
joe250

All colors are manly depending on who they are...except pink which is just plain gay written all over it. Kabal second attire has pink n looks ugly

I have a 100% profile

TOP 5 : KILLZONE 2, GTA IV, MIDNIGHT CLUB LA, MORTAL KOMBAT VS DC UNIVERSE, BATTLEFIELD BC

All Kombos trophys for mk vs dc and mk9 ready to sync.
joe250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:52 AM   #10
jday222

My opinion Rain looks bad in almost every way, his water move set is horrible, his entrance of a flamboyant whirling tornado is ridiculously bad. So I understand all the negative comments about him. Not saying he is a bad character to use or anything but he's not my cup of tea.