Rain a "joke" character?

ResidentXombie

I'm getting tired of idiots posting Purple Rain this, Purple Rain that, is Rain The Prince?, and posting lyrics from Purple Rain. He obviously has evolved as a character, and he is the most demanded character for DLC. He physically looks cooler than most of the other ninjas, especially that cheap turd Ermac. So why still all the hate for Rain?

I'm getting tired of idiots posting Purple Rain this, Purple Rain that, is Rain The Prince?, and posting lyrics from Purple Rain. He obviously has evolved as a character, and he is the most demanded character for DLC. He physically looks cooler than most of the other ninjas, especially that cheap turd Ermac. So why still all the hate for Rain?

There is no real 'hate' for Rain, it's just people having banter with a character name (and colour for christ sake) that is so easily worked around. As for the 'cooler looking than other ninjas' that is entirely your opinion and I doubt many people agree with you, the purple costume just won't do it for some people. It's a bit of banter - lighten up :dance:

I like Rain, but i also like the fun poked @ him, yet thats the case for any Mk character, if its relatable then hell why not have some fun with it.

You say Ermac's a cheap turd and i laugh, big deal.

Ppl take things way too seriously these days:rolleyes:

ermac is no cheap turd. They nerf him alot and emac usually never touches me, his wake up used to get me but just block and you get a free full kombo

There is no real 'hate' for Rain, it's just people having banter with a character name (and colour for christ sake) that is so easily worked around. As for the 'cooler looking than other ninjas' that is entirely your opinion and I doubt many people agree with you, the purple costume just won't do it for some people. It's a bit of banter - lighten up :dance:

You mention the color purple? Scorpion is freaking yellow! The color of my piss! Ermac is red, also considered feminine. Actually the official mortal kombat Facebook page comments agree with me that his character design is awesome.

I'm world ranked like 385, and I have trouble with good ermac, Liu Lang, and Kung Lao players. I mostly play using smoke, my fav character.

Edited by ResidentXombie

My opinion Rain looks bad in almost every way, his water move set is horrible, his entrance of a flamboyant whirling tornado is ridiculously bad. So I understand all the negative comments about him. Not saying he is a bad character to use or anything but he's not my cup of tea.

My opinion Rain looks bad in almost every way, his water move set is horrible, his entrance of a flamboyant whirling tornado is ridiculously bad. So I understand all the negative comments about him. Not saying he is a bad character to use or anything but he's not my cup of tea.

You're the only one who thinks so pal. Look up NRS mortal kombat on Facebook, and see almost everyone say postive things about rain. Nothing "flamboyant" about his entrance. The only negative comments are the ones about the song purple rain, which gets annoying. His water and lightning attacks, x ray distance, and combo set make him an easy top tier character. BTW who is your favorite character and I guarantee I can find and say negative things and nit pick as well. AGAIN, he is the most requested and most anticipated DLC character yet.

Edited by ResidentXombie

You're the only one who thinks so pal. Look up NRS mortal kombat on Facebook, and see almost everyone say postive things about rain. Nothing "flamboyant" about his entrance. The only negative comments are the ones about the song purple rain, which gets annoying. His water and lightning attacks, x ray distance, and combo set make him an easy top tier character. BTW who is your favorite character and I guarantee I can find and say negative things and nit pick as well. AGAIN, he is the most requested and most anticipated DLC character yet.

Just my opinion, just as your entitled to yours. I'm a old school gamer, back when we played MK1-4 in the arcade. Most people that like Rain I'm guessing are part of the younger generation of gamers.

I'm sure you can find something wrong with every character, its not hard. But feel free.

Although I can play every character... My mains are Kano, Lui Kang, Cyrax

Edit: There are already 2 or 3 threads about Rain and his appearance. With positive and negative posts. You should check them out.

Edited by jday222

Just my opinion, just as your entitled to yours. I'm a old school gamer, back when we played MK1-4 in the arcade. Most people that like Rain I'm guessing are part of the younger generation of gamers.

I'm sure you can find something wrong with every character, its not hard. But feel free.

Edit: There are already 2 or 3 threads about Rain and his appearance. With positive and negative posts. You should check them out.

Rain looks different and a bit gay but I could care less thats mortal kombat artstyle and the personal they give characters. There full of stupid shit like for example who acts like johnny cage but hes funny. Rain is different but if it was blaze instead now that shit would be tight since he blazes it

Rain looks different and a bit gay but I could care less thats mortal kombat artstyle and the personal they give characters. There full of stupid shit like for example who acts like johnny cage but hes funny. Rain is different but if it was blaze instead now that shit would be tight since he blazes it

He's not the only one who doesn't feel this DLC. I just saw the vignette on GT.com and it doesn't do it for me. His story and moves are just not that spectacular imo, compared Skarlet's or Kenshi's the story was better and their moves look slicker. I just don't think a waterbubble fatality is what I want to pull off, but in his defense, there are a lot more characters with lame fatalities...

Rain:

A character never useful for tournament play (with rare exceptions) in the old days, but always popular for some strange reason. On the playability scale, Mileena or Baraka can get under him fast for good cross-up kombos. Same thing about his moveset, which is geared for more manipulation tactics (like Kabal).

How he has become so well liked is beyond me, but he was generally useless back then unless someone was playing a slower kombatant (Jax, Kano, Sektor). We'll see, but I just have this learned, biased outlook on him that noobies drool over this kombatant - I am in no way insinuating that anyone here who likes him is a noob, if you think that then reread my post until you get my point.

This is a new Rain, no one should knock his playability until he's released. Anyone can make fun of his attire though. I always come up with ways to make fun of the kombatants to make my opponent laugh/distracted. It is fun if they are good-spirited.

Edited by Echelon XII

Well everyone knows Rain originally began as being inspired by the old school Prince song. Taven even called him Prince at one point during MKA's Konquest mode. I never thought he was a joke character myself, but what inspired his creation is kind of amusing.

Well you can add me on PSN. I check my user stats in the online portion of the game. If we run into each other on ranked matches you can see W/L record. I'm not top 100, so my stats don't show on the charts online.

Since when is it possible to 'run in' to PSN friends in ranked matches...? :think:

Btw, @Thomazi: You can check your W/L records in different game types (Ranked, KOTH, etc.) somewhere in the online menu. You can see your ranking there too, if it even is an official ranking...

Edited by JunkYardDog

Since when is it possible to 'run in' to PSN friends in ranked matches...? :think:

Btw, @Thomazi: You can check your W/L records in different game types (Ranked, KOTH, etc.) somewhere in the online menu. You can see your ranking there too, if it even is an official ranking...

I was think the samething. I thougth NR made the sever, where you couldn't play with yours friends?

I'm getting tired of idiots posting Purple Rain this, Purple Rain that, is Rain The Prince?, and posting lyrics from Purple Rain. He obviously has evolved as a character, and he is the most demanded character for DLC. He physically looks cooler than most of the other ninjas, especially that cheap turd Ermac.

See, now that's funny, because Ermac actually was a "joke" character.

Yes I know where I can see my W/L ratio and my ranking but what I ment to say was that I thought the ranking system was only for a specifique region.

Because if you are from Europe you can't play for example against America sow it would be strange if the ranked system is world wide and not region locked like the servers. I can be wrong.

Edited by Thomazi

Rain was a joke too. Added last minute to one of the games, Boon thought of what color Ninja they had not done yet, thought "purple", he really liked prince.... soooo Purple 'Rain'.

I read some interview somewhere on it, I'm just too lazy to find a link for it right now. When they added his character as a teaser to one of the games, Boon had to hack the programming because the game was so near completion.