Easy way to obtain Koins.

Rafdog89

Hello, I'm new to the forums, but I browse a lot on this site and it's very helpful. I figured I'd sign up eventually, and now is the perfect time because I've found a great way of collecting Koins really easy by farming for them.

I know there are many ways already shown to obtain Koins, but not sure if anyone has stated this one just yet, as I have browsed around a bit and checked out on Youtube seeing if someone has figured it out, but it seems no one has just yet (unless I missed the thread or video that someone has found this out).

As I'm fighting through the ladder on Beginning mode to beat the game with all the characters to see their endings (as well as getting the Trophy for beating the game with everyone) I came across this way of obtaining Koins when I beat Goro. Now, what I've been doing is picking one character I can simply repeat a special move with over and over to beat the 9 fighters on the ladder really fast (I've been using Kratos and his Apollo's Bow [Down, Right, Triangle]) and then change my fighter to whoever I wish to beat Shao Kahn with and see their ending. This helped me achieve a few goals/trophies/Koins: it allowed me to fight in the ladder a lot which seems to trigger those random hidden character battles that you obtain Trophies for (which are hidden I believe); it speeds up the game by allowing me to use one character I can just quickly use to beat the rest then pick one character to beat the game; allows you to get lots of time played, blood spilt, and whatever else it lists on the characters info in the Nekropolis; and if I get lucky (which is usually a good 5 matches) I get a Flawless Victory (earning me a +1,000 Koin reward bonus).

When I beat Goro, I thought I could save me some loading time by switching to my next desired fighter whom I would use to defeat Shao Kahn thus seeing their ending, but after I chose my next fighter (mine was Stryker, but this doesn't matter) it seems I had to re-battle Goro. So I kicked his ass by just spamming Stryker's pistol until I beat Goro. Once I beat him I saw my Koin amount stayed the same and I earned the extra +20 on top of that. So after I beat Shao Kahn, I started a fresh ladder match and kept record of my Koin amount.

I won the match quickly by spamming Kratos' Apollo's Bow like always (doesn't matter who you pick) and then checked out my Koins after I obtained the Koins I won from the match (which was +20 for the fight, and +1,000 for the Flawless Victory). I then quickly pressed Start and went to Character Select and re-selected a fighter (Kratos again; you can pick whoever -- it doesn't matter). I then re-battled the same fighter, won with a Flawless Victory again and checked my Koins and saw that my Koins didn't reset because I re-chose another character. The Koins I obtained from the second fight added on to what I had already earned from the last fight.

Basically, you go to the ladder, choose Beginner, kick the first fighters ass by spamming a move with a character you know you can spam a move with (you want a fighter who can spam a special damaging move, like Kitana's fans or Kratos' Apollo's Bow, etc.) and then just attack them regularly to finish them off (just don't do a Fatality, level Fatality, or Babality because you cant pause the game after those sequences) and watch as you obtain the match Koins (+20 for Beginner mode and +1,000 for Flawless Victory) then right after you see the screen say you get those Koins pause the game then go down to Character Select, re-choose your character, then fight the first person on the ladder again (it wont advance you to the next fighter; it keeps letting you fight the same fighter) and just keep repeating that until you get the amounts of Koins you desire/need.

I figured this all out thanks to Goro, because you cant do Fatalities, etc., on Goro, Kintaro, or Shao Kahn and you just see your characters finishing sequence before the match is over. Thanks to that, and me thinking I can pick a character to save me loading time I figured out this handy technique or glitch or whatever you want to technically call it. I was around 290,000 Koins just a few minutes ago, and now I'm just over 300,000 Koins and still fighting the same person (first person) on the ladder.

Edit: For anyone who's interested, the way I've been 'kollecting' Koins as well as advancing through the ladder to see every characters ending is simply picking a character you can spam a special move with (Kratos for me) and special move spam away until the character you play is finished. Then, if I have full health, I'll do a Fatality or level Fatality (doesn't matter; you still get +250 for either Fatality). Now if I do take damage during the match, and I know I'm not going to get that sweet +1,000 Flawless Victory bonus reward, I just do a Babality instead. Why? Because I get +500 for the Babality and a Fatlity/level Fatality earns me +250. So for a Flawless Victory match with a Fatality I obtain 1,270 Koins (+20 for the match, +1,000 for the FV, and +250 for the Fatality). For when I do a Babality I get 520 Koins (+20 for the match (Beginner mode), and +500 for the Babality).

Now I know most of you are thinking why not just do a Babality with a Flawless Victory match to obtain 1,520 instead of 1,270. Well, this is because when you do a Babality, it seems you don't get rewarded with the 1,000 Flawless Victory bonus (which sucks). You only get the match won Koins and the Koins for the Babality. So that's how I've been earning as I've been playing on the ladder beating the game with every character.

~ Rafdog89

Edited by Rafdog89

Very thorough research. The only unfortunate thing is that you have far less use for koins after you complete story, tower and arcade modes. The koins wrack up so quick that I realized there is very little need to farm them by the time you get remotely close to completing the game. I didn't farm at all, and completed the story mode once, completed all the tower challenges and was on my tenth or so fighter when I had the Krypt cleared. And I still had a lot of playing to do. Now I just grind away for My Kung Fu Is Stronger and have about 1.2m koins with no use (I hope something comes out via DLC that requires koins, like alternate outfits for Skarlett and Kenshi and whatnot).

But good work, and a nice first post to boot.

Very thorough research. The only unfortunate thing is that you have far less use for koins after you complete story, tower and arcade modes. The koins wrack up so quick that I realized there is very little need to farm them by the time you get remotely close to completing the game. I didn't farm at all, and completed the story mode once, completed all the tower challenges and was on my tenth or so fighter when I had the Krypt cleared. And I still had a lot of playing to do. Now I just grind away for My Kung Fu Is Stronger and have about 1.2m koins with no use (I hope something comes out via DLC that requires koins, like alternate outfits for Skarlett and Kenshi and whatnot).

But good work, and a nice first post to boot.

Yeah, I still have that Mortal Kombat: Deception mentality when it comes to collecting coins (all different types of coins, rather just one type). Yeah, I see your point. When I beat Story Mode the other day, I gained a huge amount from it. And as for the tower, see, I have yet to start that. For players like me, who haven't played the tower yet and just played Story Mode and want to beat the game for the character endings, then this will help them out a little bit by gaining coins if they wish to (better to have more than less, just in case).

I figure some players out there haven't started the tower yet, and are just playing around with the ladder to see the character endings like me, and since I have yet to play the tower, didn't realize it gave you that much (unless you're at that Kabal/Kano scene, which in my opinion is not worth my time). But this is also for anyone who if they do come a little short and still need to buy stuff in the Krypt, then this is a easy, and simple way of just simply playing the game without any hassle and quickly gaining easy coins right on the spot. This also helps for those who just buy the game and play against their friends, and wish to have the alternate costumes, etc., from the Krypt (even though you don't gain coins from playing versus, but just wanting to buy stuff to use during play, like alternate costumes, etc.). This is something I'd quickly do if I needed coins right away and was impatient or too lazy to play the tower, story mode, etc., for those coins.

And thanks, I appreciate the welcome and your reply post.

~ Rafdog89

Edited by Rafdog89

I can see your point, I do recall (when I first got the game) how badly I wanted the secondary fatality move sets, but hating how expensive they were. Same thing with the alternate outfits.

And let us both rejoice in that this game does not treat it's kurrency like Deception.

I second the notion to advise you not to waste time farming koins, even if you buy your way up the challenge tower through the more difficult events you will have an abundance of Koins when it's time to clear the krypt.. but if you do want to farm I'd advise doing the arcade ladder on beginner, pretty easy to get a flawless victory on your first few fights. turn up the # of rounds for more chances for flawless victorys and finish with a babality.