You found me trophy.......

MICHAEL419

I beat story mode on medium. I beat the challenge tower. I beat arcade on hardest. Now could somebody please explain to me how I am supposed to beat Shang Tsung twice with boss AI without taking a hit. And god as my witness I hope they die of prostate cancer, this game is f%#@ing stupid. Every single part of this game apparently is there to try to send you to the hospital with an aneurysm. No wonder they sell twelve copies everytime they make a game.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's gotta be the most over the top statement ever, I mean I have rage quitted and everything but saying you hope they get prostate cancer because you can't beat Shang Tsung twice without taking damage is a bit much.

This game is over the top stupid. A 700 hour platinum where you have to double perfect bosses. They have no clue on how to make a game and they prove it time and time again.

How about you and me play online whenever it comes back up and if I touch you once I win? Does that sound good?

This game is over the top stupid. A 700 hour platinum where you have to double perfect bosses. They have no clue on how to make a game and they prove it time and time again.

How about you and me play online whenever it comes back up and if I touch you once I win? Does that sound good?

Now I can't tell whether that was a challenge or an indecent proposal.

It can be brought done to 360hrs ish with tag team. And so what if the trophies are hard? Trophies shouldn't affect how good a game is. Yes they're hard but that makes them all the more rewarding and to be fair there are harder games out there like Street Fighter IV. It's hard but doable. And even so the game is awesome. The story mode is brilliantly written and returning to a 2D fighting system was a good move. Don't write a game off just because you don't like the trophies. :rolleyes:

I used Kratos and spammed the Bow of Apollo on him and got the double flawless easily on my first try. :dance:

Just make sure he doesn't hit you in the first couple seconds of the match and get some distance so you have some time to dodge projectiles if needed.

Edited by FluffyCushions

Exactly and getting your knickers in a bunch ain't gonna get you the trophy, you just gotta man up, suck those tears in and just keep trying until you get it either by your own accord or by the internet.

But posting a thread crying about it and wanting to touch someone ain't gonna help you get the trophy nor is it saying the game sucks.

I think this one is meant to be a throwback to MKII but to fight Jade on there you had to beat Shang Tsung without using LK. This is really hard but it can be done.

Actually, you had to beat the opponent BEFORE Shang Tsung using ONLY Low Kick for one round. I have played waaaaaaaaaaaay more MK2 than I care to admit....

Set the rounds to two and time limit to 30 seconds and use someone that you can use really well. I used scorpion and it took a few tries because that weak ass shang tsung kept transforming to other people ( he is too garbage to use his weak move) and i used spear jump punch uppercut and repeated that combo and it worked. Now even if you dont get two flawless victories but still managed to win just press :start: when it says finish him and go to player select and try again, you won't get credited with a loss and you can try it again. I do kind of agree that this secret trophy is kind of ridiculous but they made hide and seek and shadow of brotherhood really easy trophies.

This is a small challenge at best. Ok the AI sometimes makes then do crazy combos even on beginner but 90% of the time they barely eveven attack you.

Didn't know about trying again though, that's a great tip as the only annoying bit about this was getting to him for each attempt.

Just keep a little distance, wait for an opportunity then jump in and combo his ass then retreat. 2 or 3 per round and he's done for. I find Smoke good due to his smoke screen which can avoid projectiles, his teleport punch and also his projectile counter attack.

The ONLY thing that can make this hard is if he transforms into a teleporting character...especially someone like Sektor. Shang tsung himself is a breeze and one of the worst characters in the game. (even easier than shau khan who gives you guaranteed victory everytime even on expert due to his predictable cheap tactics)

if you lose a round but still beat him 2 out of 3 then do the Character Select trick will it still work? I had a perfect record but then Shang beat me in one round so technically i was mint before i got to him....

I was wondering the same thing..

This trophy is a pain in the ass. I have tried every possible known tactic and I always get hit at least once, jesus.. (sektor - Shang blocks me all the time, scorpion - spear + different kombos works for 1 round then I get hit in the second round, smoke - Shang blocks me all the time, kung lao - teleport + throw doesn't work either, sheeva's stomp + throw no comment, stryker gr.. - I always get hit from projectiles when Shang manages to transform) I suck lol or my Shang's A.I. works different for me.

When I get back home I'm gonna try to spam Kratos's Bow - hope it will work (newest tactic), and Scorpion's jump + uppercut spam.. which i saw at the guide tutorial..

I used Kratos and spammed the Bow of Apollo on him and got the double flawless easily on my first try. :dance:

Just make sure he doesn't hit you in the first couple seconds of the match and get some distance so you have some time to dodge projectiles if needed.

I tried this and Shang is just too random. If he transforms into someone like Mileena or Quan Chi it's over because they will vertical teleport and at least get chip. 10 minutes just to get there and have that happen over and over is just ridiculous. This easily tops anything in challenge tower

I've tried pretty much every character people have suggested and spammed whatever attack was best and the two best i've found are smoke and sheeva. With Smoke and Sheeva's teleport attacks i've managed to flawless one round and then get hit by one god damn punch in the second. Although personally i think Sheeva is most likely the way forward because sometimes the AI will get stuck on the ground so Shang Tsung is prime for her teleport stomping thing but you really have to watch out for the odd attack out of nowhere.

Got it in my 2nd try with Scorpion. :applause:

Try to knock him down, then immediately jumphit him followed with an uppercut... repeat this.

Watch out when you knock him against the end of the stage.. best then is to teleportstomp him so you get to his other side. From there repeat the jumphit+uppercut tactic again.

Occasionally you can get a spear in aswell but its risky cause he can react by throwing something at you in which you have no time to react.

Set the rounds to two and time limit to 30 seconds and use someone that you can use really well. I used scorpion and it took a few tries because that weak ass shang tsung kept transforming to other people ( he is too garbage to use his weak move) and i used spear jump punch uppercut and repeated that combo and it worked. Now even if you dont get two flawless victories but still managed to win just press :start: when it says finish him and go to player select and try again, you won't get credited with a loss and you can try it again. I do kind of agree that this secret trophy is kind of ridiculous but they made hide and seek and shadow of brotherhood really easy trophies.

Well thanks for this. That was very helpful actually. Too bad I just tried over a hundred times and nothing. Good luck to anyone trying this, I don't even care about trophies for this game anymore

I was wondering the same thing..

This trophy is a pain in the ass. I have tried every possible known tactic and I always get hit at least once, jesus.. (sektor - Shang blocks me all the time, scorpion - spear + different kombos works for 1 round then I get hit in the second round, smoke - Shang blocks me all the time, kung lao - teleport + throw doesn't work either, sheeva's stomp + throw no comment, stryker gr.. - I always get hit from projectiles when Shang manages to transform) I suck lol or my Shang's A.I. works different for me.

When I get back home I'm gonna try to spam Kratos's Bow - hope it will work (newest tactic), and Scorpion's jump + uppercut spam.. which i saw at the guide tutorial..

consider yourself lucky! i beat him when he turns into those guys (though as i recall i haven't seen Smoke yet...) but i've seen mostly Ermac and Sindel....one round, no problem but as SOON as round 2 starts something arbitrarily hits me >_<

but seriously does losing a round AGAINST Shang null the trick entirely?

Edited by ApocalypticJoker

consider yourself lucky! i beat him when he turns into those guys (though as i recall i haven't seen Smoke yet...) but i've seen mostly Ermac and Sindel....one round, no problem but as SOON as round 2 starts something arbitrarily hits me >_<

but seriously does losing a round AGAINST Shang null the trick entirely?

I think you have to make it to shang tsung without losing and beat him with two flawless victories, so if you lose jade won't appear, so change the time to 30 seconds and find a character where you can spam him with a special attack and if you beat him but get hit just retry at the finish him part. By the way once you get two flawless victories on him you have to perform a fatality on him.

I think you have to make it to shang tsung without losing and beat him with two flawless victories, so if you lose jade won't appear, so change the time to 30 seconds and find a character where you can spam him with a special attack and if you beat him but get hit just retry at the finish him part. By the way once you get two flawless victories on him you have to perform a fatality on him.

sorry i guess i didn't explain myself properly. this is what i meant:

- get to Shang Tsung without losing a round

- win a round against Shang Tsung, then lose the SECOND round, then win the third round (so it's two wins, one loss)

- get to "Finish Him" punch him in the face for being a prick and select a new character to try again

my question is:

since i lost a round against Shang Tsung and NOT BEFORE, is it still possible to get Jade?

YESSS! I did it finally! :D:D:D Here's my tips how to do it :)

First of all some of the info from all over the guides and the internet are wrong!

1. You do not have to do fatality on every character before Shang Tsung! I missed my fatality on 6th fighter and still got it.

2. You CAN loose 1 round during the fight with Shang Tsung, then win whole match, and the TRICK of choosing another player still works! SO...

I went from the bottom of the ladder to the Shang Tsung without doing 1 fatality on 6th character (missed one). Then I tried to fight sorcerer with different characters and using the trick to restart if he hit me. During my fights I happen to have a match where I won the 1st round flawlessly, lost a second (Here I wanted to quit to start the ladder anew) but "I thought screw this", and played further. So I won 3rd round and used a trick again.. This way I fought him like 30 times more and lost total 4 rounds NOT matches. Finally I owned him with Scorpion using my own technique and did fatality. II crossed my fingers and Tada :D Fight with Jade unlocked!

My technique was, sth like this: Start of the fight jump behind sorcerer and uppercut him. Then fast spear him and do combo forward + triangle, square, circle. I did it like about 3 times then teleported and tried to combo him with 3 x square + spear following with uppercuts to the end. I managed to do the 2nd round similar.

Maybe it was pure luck, but I noticed that A.I. happens to do cheap moves if you do one move all the time. So I changed it sometimes and it worked. Sorry for long post and my english (not my native one :p) and good luck! Now it's time for the challenge tower.