Mortal Kombat - Road Map & Trophy Guide

leptonic

http://www.leptonic.com.mx/pics/pst/guides/mk9/mkrmandtg.png

http://www.leptonic.com.mx/pics/pst/guides/01mortalkombat.jpg

If you have found this guide in the internet and found it useful and you are thinking to join this forum, do it! you're missing a lot of fun and please give me a referral when you signing up like the picture below.

http://www.leptonic.com.mx/pics/pst/guides/refer01.png

To Register Click HERE.

The servers have now closed so the Platinum is now unobtainable if you didn't get all the online trophies before that happened.

http://www.leptonic.com.mx/pics/pst/guides/mk9/roadmap.png

Overview:

Estimated trophy difficulty: 9/10 (From Platinum Difficulty-Rating Thread)

Offline: 39 (27(B), 11(S), 1(G))   

Online: 12 (7(B), 4(S), 1(P)) -    Unobtainable

Approximate amount of time to (P): 350+ Hours. Without My Kung Fu Is Stronger will be around 30-40 hours.

Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 story mode + multiples fights & ladders.

Does difficulty affect trophies?: Yes, only the Ladder Master trophy which needs to be done in Expert Difficulty.

Number of missable trophies: None.

Glitched trophies: Yes. You've Got Style! is glitched but only if you play the Komplete Edition. See THIS thread for more information.

Do cheat codes disable trophies?: It has Kombat Kodes but they DO NOT disable any trophies. HERE are the Kodes found till now.

INTRODUCTION:

Ok first of all this is my very first guide. Mortal Kombat is back and in its greatest form; in 2D with a bunch of new fatalities, X-Rays and babalities. 28 fighters will test your excellence to perform all their moves and will keep you playing for a very very long road for the platinum.

You can do the game modes and start with whatever you like and feel more comfortable with but the following is just my recommendation for mastering the game faster.

Also you can download this CHECKLIST to help keep track of the moves and fighters.

Special Thanks. I would like to give SPECIAL thanks to PowerPyx and thanks a lot to StOrMtRoOpErMx19 for providing their videos in this Guide. Thanks Power and StormTrooper, you are doing an amazing job there.

They have their own channels and if you would like to give thanks; here are the channels:

PowerPyx Mortal Kombat Channel

StOrMtRoOpErMx19 Mortal Kombat Channel OR Mortal Kombat Trophy Videos.

Walkthrough:

Step 1: Tutorial Mode/Fatality Trainer

Complete Tutorial Mode and Fatality Trainer for 3 easy bronzes “A For Effort”, “Tag, You're It!” and “License to Kill” trophies.

Step 2: Ladder Arcade with Sonya

Complete your first Ladder Arcade with Sonya on easy and trying to NOT use the block button :r2:, making a Fatality, X-Ray and you will gain in the road another 4 easy bronzes “Fatality!” “Block This!” “Where's The Arcade?” and “What Does This Button Do??.” Note that if you lose some fights you can select retry and you still will gain the trophies.

Step 3: Story Mode

Complete and enjoy the story mode on easy mode (you can change the difficulty in Options in the main menu), and you will gain 5 trophies “Halfway There!” “Back In Time...” “There Will Be Blood!” “Cold Fusion” and “Quan-Tease.” Finishing this will take you around 4-5 hrs but you will be able to unlock all the fighters available for some of the remaining trophies and off course you will be ready for a "sequel".

Step 4: Tower Missions

Complete the Tower Missions. Will take you a while (there are 300 challenges) but it's necessary to do it because it will help you in the coins and you will gain a bunch of trophies like “Tower Apprentice” “Tower Master” “I 'Might' Be the Strongest” “Dim Mak!” “These Aren't My Glasses!” “Best...Alternate...Ever!” and “Luck Be A Lady.” Remember there are some hard challenges but coins will unlock them as well just do it for the hardest ones if you are facing trouble.

Step 5: Unlocking the Krypt

Unlock the Krypt. By now you will have enough coins for purchasing all the unlockables in the krypt. It will take you a few minutes but you will gain 1 bronze and 2 silver trophies: “Undertaker” “The Krypt Keeper” and “You've Got Style!.”

Step 6: Online Trophies - Unobtainable

Now is time to tackle the Online trophies. You can boost without trouble the following trophies: “Tough Guy!” “Cyber Challenger” “Humiliation” “You Will Learn Respect!” “Ultimate Respect!” (this one will take you a bunch of time even boosting it) “The Competitor” (this one can be done offline too but I recommend you do it online for gaining time for the 2,500 respect points) “Outstanding!” “Wavenet...” and “There Can Be Only One!.” The remaining online trophies are boostables now that the online are almost dead is more easy than years ago, Thanks to HiryuMK here is his method used:

"... it's easier to get them (the trophies) during the night because there almost no one playing and since you only get matched with players on your country or nearby, its even better.

... we did Ranked Tag since more people play 1v1. One of us counted 3,2,1, Go and search Ranked Tag at the same time."

His original post can be found HERE.

Step 7: Mop-up and Milestone Trophies

By now you will be missing some easy trophies and the milestone ones before facing the “mortal kombat” trophies. The easy trophies remaining are: “Robots Rule!” and some time consuming like “The Grappler” “e-X-cellent!” “Finish What You Start!” “Ultimate Humiliation” (I recommend you try to do them while boosting the online trophies to gain time). The milestone trophies are boostable in versus offline, but only if player one does the moves. The game will ONLY count the moves done by player one, thanks to Fragpuss for the tip.

Also there are 4 hidden Kombatants to unlock: PowerPyx has provide a very detailed video to help and find them. Once you get them you will have 4 hidden trophies: "You Found Me!", "Hide and Seek", "Pit Master" and "Brotherhood of Shadow".

Step 8: Hard Trophies

Welcome to the most time consuming trophy in the game. If you played SSF4 you will remember the time-consumer C-Ranking trophy. If not well, let me tell you that trophy is “fast” compared with “My Kung Fu Is Stronger”, which will take you an insane amount of time. On the road you will gain “My Kung Fu Is Strong.” Also there is the last trophy remaining “Ladder Master” which may well cause you a little annoying time, but it's doable with some strategy and very, very much patience.

Once you finish this, you will be able to gain the Ultimate Platinium of fighting games EVER! Congratulations! You deserve it!

Edited by Viper
Added server closure notices and fixed the online trophy count.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.leptonic.com.mx/pics/pst/guides/mk9/trophyguide.png

01.jpg  Platinum Trophy (P)

You've unlocked all Trophies!

UNOBTAINABLE DUE TO SERVER CLOSURE

Earn all the other trophies to get this one.

http://www.leptonic.com.mx/pics/pst/guides/mk9/tutorial.png

04.jpg  A For Effort (B)

Complete Tutorial Mode

Very simple, just finish the few lessons in the training tutorial for this one.

Thanks to PowerPyx for the video:

05.jpg  Fatality! (B)

Perform a Fatality!

Another very simple trophy, just perform ANY fatality and you will be done. You can pause the game and see the moves in the “Move List” options if you have trouble.

Thanks to Petedappa for the video:

06.jpg  Block This! (B)

Perform a 10-hit combo with any fighter

This one is simple; just pick Sonya in any game mode (training DOES count) and perform the X-Ray move. You need to completely fill the bar at the bottom of the screen and press :l2:+:r2: when the opponent is close and without guard.

25.jpg  License to Kill (B)

Complete Fatality Trainer

Just another easy and quick bronze. Go to the Fatalities Training Option and perform a single fatality and you will have it.

43.jpg  Tag, You're It! (B)

Perform and land a Tag Combo

Another easy and simple one. In the training lessons you will be forced to perform one Tag Combo, do it and you will unlock this bronze.

http://www.leptonic.com.mx/pics/pst/guides/mk9/story.png

02.jpg  Halfway There! ] (B)

Complete Story Mode 50%

Story Related & Cannot Be Missed.

See “Back In Time...” trophy for more details

03.jpg  Back In Time... (S)

Complete Story Mode 100%

There are 16 chapters in the story and trust me it's awesome. You need to finish the 9th chapter to unlock 50% of the Story and finish the 16th chapter to unlock this silver trophy. Here is a complete VideoGuide for the Storyline.

The chapters are listed below (spoiler)

Spoiler

Chapter 1: Johnny Cage

Johnny Cage vs Reptile, Baraka, Sonya, Kano

Chapter 2: Sonya

Sonya vs Sub-Zero, Raiden, Jade and Kitana, Kano

Chapter 3: Scorpion

Scorpion vs Kung Lao, Nightwolf, Sektor and Cyrax, Sub-Zero

Chapter 4: Cyrax

Cyrax vs Sheeva, Baraka, Johnny Cage, Sektor

Chapter 5: Liu Kang

Liu Kang vs Ermac, Kitana, Scorpion and Quan Chi, Goro, Shang Tsung

Chapter 6: Jax

Jax vs Baraka, Johnny Cage, Jade, Sheeva

Chapter 7: Smoke

Smoke vs Kitana, Kano, Sub-Zero and Reptile, Sektor

Chapter 8: Sub-Zero

Sub-Zero vs Cyrax, Ermac, Reptile, Scorpion

Chapter 9: Kitana

Kitana vs Smoke and Johnny Cage, Jade, Mileena, Shang Tsung

Chapter 10: Jade

Jade vs Baraka, Sheeva, Mileena, Smoke

Chapter 11: Kung Lao

Kung Lao vs Noob Saibot, Goro, Shang Tsung and Quan Chi, Kintaro, Shao Kahn

Chapter 12: Stryker

Stryker vs Reptile, Mileena, Kintaro, Ermac

Chapter 13: Kabal

Kabal vs Kano, Mileena and Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero, Sheeva

Chapter 14: Cyber Sub-Zero

Cyber Sub-Zero vs Sektor, Kintaro and Goro, Ermac, Noob Saibot

Chapter 15: Nightwolf

Nightwolf vs Quan Chi, Cyrax, Sektor, Sindel

Chapter 16: Raiden

Raiden vs Scorpion, Jax, Stryker and Kabal, Kitana, Nightwolf, and Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Shao Kahn

31.jpg  Cold Fusion (B)(H)

Unlock Hidden Fighter 'Cyber Sub-Zero'

Unlocked in the 13th Chapter on Story mode.

47.jpg  Quan-Tease (B)(H)

Unlock Hidden Fighter 'Quan Chi'

Unlocked after the 16th Chapter on Story mode.

Edited by Viper
Added a server closure notice and unembedded the videos.

http://www.leptonic.com.mx/pics/pst/guides/mk9/ladder.png

08.jpg  Where's The Arcade? (B)

Complete Arcade Ladder with Any Fighter

Simple and straight one; pick any fighter and finish the 10 levels in the ladder. You can do it on easy, setting up 1 win per fight if you wish.

12.jpg  Ladder Master (B)

Complete Arcade Ladder on max difficulty without using a continue

This is one of the hardest trophies in the game BY FAR. You can set up the fight at 1 round, 30 seconds and use some strategies posted HERE. Scorpion is maybe the best option to tackle this hard one.

Thanks to StOrMtRoOpErMx19 for the video showing one of the easiest ways!

14.jpg  What Does This Button Do?? (B)

Complete Arcade Ladder without blocking (allowed to continue)

Fairly simple one; just finish the ladder WITHOUT pressing the :r2: button. You can do the X-Rays (:l2:+:r2:) just make sure you have the bar completely full and you will have it straight away.

16.jpg  Robots Rule! (B)

Win Arcade Tag Ladder with robot Sektor and Cyrax

This bronze is very easy and simple; just begin a Tag Ladder with Sektor and Cyrax and finish the 10 levels. You can set up 1 round with 30 seconds and hit enough times for damage then use block and wait till the time expires. For the last fight you need to beat the crazy Shao Kahn even on easy. You can use continues.

Thanks to StOrMtRoOpErMx19 for the video:

48.jpg  You Found Me! (B)(H)

Discover and fight Hidden Kombatant 1 in Arcade Ladder

Ok, this is really HARD! Here is the help provided by PowerPyx:

- Make sure to set the amount of rounds to 2 in options

- Start a new ladder in Beginner (pick Scorpion)

- Do NOT lose any round until reaching Shang Tsung

- Note that it is NOT necessary to do a fatality to ALL fighters!

- You have to perform TWO flawless victories in a row vs Shang Tsung

- This can be done with ANY fighter

- When you beat him you have to perform a Fatality

- After a loading screen Jade will appear and also the trophy.

One Tip here: If Shang Tsung hits you, you DO NOT need to start the ladder all over again; just win the match and when the "Finish him" label appears don't perform it, pause the game and select retry OR change fighter. Doing that DOESN'T count as a loss and you will be able to try and get a double flawless again!

YouTube - Mortal Kombat - Hidden Kombatant 1 (You Found Me! Trophy / Achievement Guide)

Also thanks to StOrMtRoOpErMx19 for the video:

49.jpg  Hide and Seek (B)(H)

Discover and fight Hidden Kombatant 2 in Arcade Ladder

For this one, here is the help provided by PowerPyx:

- This can only be done on "The Forest" map in ladder mode

- Start a new ladder in Beginner (you need to wait to fight on "The Forest" map)

- Watch the trees on the far right (see video)

- Once you see a figure (yellow circle in video) press :select:+:down:

- If you do not see any figure, pause and retry until you see it

- Smoke will appear and also the trophy

50.jpg  Pit Master (B)(H)

Discover and fight Hidden Kombatant 3 in Arcade Ladder

- This can only be done on "The Pit" map in Ladder mode

- Once you reach "The Pit" (see video) do you see Santa Claus flying? (see video) If so you are on the right map. Instead of Santa Claus you will see a black shadow of a witch on her broom.

- You have to perform TWO flawless victories in a row

- Difficulty and fighter doesn't matter

- Pause the game and go back to player select if you fail

- You need to perform a Stage Fatality. ALL MOVES here.

- After a loading screen Reptile will appear and also the trophy.

51.jpg  Brotherhood of Shadow (B)(H)

Discover and fight Hidden Kombatant 4 in Arcade Ladder

- This can only be done on "The Temple" map in Ladder mode

- Once you reach "The Temple" (see video) you need to win BOTH rounds without blocking (NOT

pressing :r2: button)

- Beat your opponent while Noob is standing upstairs (yellow circle in video)

- Noob will appear and also the trophy.

Edited by Viper
Unembedded the videos and fixed soem typos.

http://www.leptonic.com.mx/pics/pst/guides/mk9/challenges.png

33.jpg  Luck Be A Lady (B)

Get all MK Dragons in Test Your Luck

This is 100% luck based. This one has two probabilities.

1: you are a lucky one and you will get it really fast! or

2: this is the most annoying trophy to get in the game, here are the steps to follow:

Go to Kombat and select Test Your Luck Challenge.

- Select the fighter (really doesn't matter which one)

- Select Expert, (many people have more chances selecting Expert than any other difficulty)

- You can press :cross: or wait for the wheel to start.

- The first reel doesn't matter which fighter appears.

- The second reel MUST be a yellow dragon's coin, if NOT press pause and retry.

- The third and forth reels MUST be a dragon's coin too and you will have the trophy!.

Thanks to CooperFyfe for the tip:

CooperFyfe said:
Edit: Just got it! :D

I don't know if it actually holds any merit, but I did press :cross: 7x after the 1st slot, :square: 7x after second and :triangle: 7 times after the 3rd.

38.jpg  I 'Might' Be the Strongest (B)

Complete all Test Your Might mini-game challenges

This one is unlocked BEATING the 294th challenge, the following video shows it:

See “These Aren't My Glasses!” trophy for more details.

39.jpg  Dim Mak! (B)

Complete all Test Your Strike mini-game challenges

This one is unlocked BEATING the 168th challenge.

See “These Aren't My Glasses!” trophy for more details.

40.jpg  These Aren't My Glasses! (B)

Complete all Test Your Sight mini-game challenges

This one is unlocked BEATING the 270th challenge.

For these 3 trophies I will recommend you play the Tower missions because you need to unlock the mini-games challenges here. Just keep playing the challenges and you will unlock them eventually. Once you start to reach the highest levels the mini-games becomes harder but doable. I used an AA battery to push the buttons faster.

41.jpg  Tower Apprentice (B)

Complete 25 Tower missions

Simple one, just finish the first 25 challenges in the Tower and you will get it.

See "Tower Master" for more details.

42.jpg  Tower Master (S)

Complete all Tower missions

You need to finish ALL 300 challenges in the Tower and you will unlock this tough and time consuming silver trophy. It will take you a lot of time! Also, you can unlock the hardest challenges you are facing with Koins BUT sooner or later you MUST finish them if you want this trophy.

HERE is an amazing Video guide of ALL the challenges where you can see tips and how to clear the hardest ones.

I will show you only the last one (Spoiler):

35.jpg  Best...Alternate...Ever! (B)(H)

Unlock Mileena's 3rd Alternate Costume

This one is unlocked AFTER beating OR BUYING ALL the Tower missions (including the 300th challenge which costs 50,000 koins). Note that this one is NOT NEEDED for gaining the "You've Got Style!" trophy (Thanks to Wickedtheif1 for the tip). Here is a video showing the new costume:

See "Tower Master" for more details.

http://www.leptonic.com.mx/pics/pst/guides/mk9/milestone.png

07.jpg  The Grappler (B)

Perform every fighter's forward and backwards throws

For this one you need to keep track of every fighter and perform a throw forward and backward, by pressing :r1: and moving the :ls: left or right for the throws. There are 28 available fighters so you will need to finish the story mode to unlock the 2 remaining characters (Cyber Sub-Zero and Quan Chi). You can download this CHECKLIST to help keep track of the moves and fighters.

32.jpg  e-X-cellent! (B)

Successfully land every playable fighter's X-Ray

Just keep track of your fighters and perform EVERY X-Ray move for the 28 fighters (pressing :l2:+:r2: when the bar is full), Note that you need to complete the story to unlock the 2 remaining characters. You can download this CHECKLIST to help keep track of the moves and fighters.

09.jpg  Arcade Champion (S)

Complete Arcade Ladder with All Fighters

You need to keep track of your fighters and finish the ladder with EVERYONE, including the 2 unlockable characters in the story mode. You can set up 1 round and 30 seconds to do it faster AND by playing Tag Ladders; completing 2 arcades ladder in one single road. You can download this CHECKLIST to help keep track of the moves and fighters.

10.jpg  Finish What You Start! (S)

Perform a Fatality with all playable fighters

You need to keep track of your fighters and perform a single fatality with every 28 characters; training DOESN’T count. You can keep track of the fighters in the Nekropolis. Pause the game once you see the “Finish him” label in the screen and go to the move list to see how to perform them. You can download this CHECKLIST to help keep track of the moves and fighters.

46.jpg  Ultimate Humiliation (S)(H)

Perform every fighter's hidden finishing move

For this one you need to perform ONLY the 28 Babalities, (STAGE Fatalities and the Alternate Fatalities are NOT necessary to gain this trophy! (Thanks StOrMtRoOpErMx19 and MortalKombat9 for the tip). You can download this CHECKLIST to help keep track of the moves and fighters.

If you want to see ALL Hidden Fatalities & ALL the Stage Fatalities (NOT trophy related) click HERE. Credits by PowerPyx.

Edited by Viper
Unembedded the videos.

http://www.leptonic.com.mx/pics/pst/guides/mk9/online.png

Thanks to StOrMtRoOpErMx19 for the tremendous help about some online tips and providing us with the Online Videos:

13.jpg  Don't Jump! (B)

Win A Ranked Online Match without jumping

Boostable. You need to win an ENTIRE MATCH (both rounds) without pressing the jump button :up:. You can try to boost it but make sure you are trying in Ranked Match; King of the Hill DOESN’T count for this one.

You CAN do some "teleports" and "jumping" special moves like Ermac and Scorpion does and it STILL works! Tested and confirmed by StOrMtRoOpErMx19.

Just focus on NOT JUMPING when you see the "Finish him" label in the screen because if you JUMP to get close to your opponent to Finish him you will NOT get the trophy! Because it counts as a jump, just wait to the end without trying any fatality as it's more secure.

Follow the instructions provided by HiryuMK:

"... play Ranked Tag since more people play 1v1. One of us counted 3,2,1, Go and search Ranked Tag at the same time".

15.jpg  Tough Guy! (B)

Win an Online Match

Boostable. Just win your first match online, KOTH DOES count.

18.jpg  Cyber Challenger (B)

Complete 100 Online Matches

Boostable. Just pick a partner and switch wins. You can do it in a room or in a KOTH match.

20.jpg  Humiliation (B)

Get a Flawless Victory in an Online Match

Boostable. Just make sure your partner doesn’t hit you and you will have it very simple. You need a flawless in a single round, NOT in the entire match. If you block some attacks it counts like a hit, so you will need to try it again.

21.jpg  You Will Learn Respect! (B)

Earn 1000 Respect Points via king of the hill Matches

Boostable. You can do it with a partner or in a boosting-group and always vote 10 after every fight. I personally recommend to just boost it with one partner because its EXACTLY the same and isn’t too boring waiting for your turn. You need to win 100 matches and receive 10 points after every match. It will take you around 2+ hours if you boost it because you will be switching wins.

See "Ultimate Respect!" for some tips about winning faster.

26.jpg  Ultimate Respect! (B)

Earn 2500 Respect Points via king of the hill Matches

Boostable. Like the “You Will Learn Respect!” trophy you need to do it in KOTH rooms. You will need 250 wins to earn this bronze and you need to spend at less 5+ hours if you switch wins.

This is a TIP for winning KOTH matches faster; I mean with only 1 hit!:

Both players in the room sync to enable the code:

(0 :square:, 4 :triangle:, 4 :circle:) (4 :square:, 4 :triangle:, 0 :circle:)       Sans Power Start on danger.

BEFORE every match and the winner will need just 1 hit to beat the opponent.

If you need help on how to perform the Kode look HERE.

28.jpg  Throws Are For Champs (B)

Perform 8 throws in an Online Ranked Match

Boostable. You need to press :r1: EVERY time your opponent is close to you and eventually will have it. Try to go to the third round if you are close to unlock it. It will pop once you perform the 8th throw. IF you play with Scorpion OR Kung Lao you will have more chances to do it!

17.jpg  Outstanding! (S)

Win 10 Ranked Online Matches in a row

Boostable.

"... play Ranked Tag since more people play 1v1. One of us counted 3,2,1, Go and search Ranked Tag at the same time".

Also here is a tip from Ashwin10:

Ashwin10 said:
... I played TAG ranked matches because that's where all the beginners are at.. so I got up to 9 wins ok and then on the 10th round I almost got the win but that dude kept spamming Kitana's fan.. so just before he killed me or even the Finish him popped up.. I pulled out my MK disc without quitting. When I got back online and won my next game my trophy popped!!

So this method works and doesn't count as a LOSS if you take the disk out before you lose...

You can press the :ps: button and go back to the XMB and it still works!

19.jpg  Wavenet... (S)

Win 100 total Online Matches

Boostable. Another trophy easily boostable in KOTH rooms. You will work on it while you gain respect points, so keep on that and you will gain some time killing 2 birds with the same stone. Also, you can do it the legit way playing Ranked matches just for fun and you will eventually unlock it but it will may take you more time doing this method.

27.jpg  There Can Be Only One! (S)

Win 10 king of the hill Matches in a row

Boostable. The easy way to gain this silver one is do it with a partner in a KOTH room. Just switch 10 wins in a row with each other and both will have it. Note that if you lose the connection you will need to start all over again. You need 10 wins in the same stay.

29.jpg  Turtle! (S)

Win both rounds with timer running out in an Online Ranked Match

Boostable. You need to win BOTH rounds with the time at "0." This means you need to have more health than your opponent when the time expires.

Some recommendations:

- Choose Tag-Teams because the quitters are less common here.

- Select your 2 best fighters.

- DO NOT rush, just wait for your opponents moves!

- DO NOT use your X-Ray.

- Use any kind of stunt move often, like the Sub-Zero frozen balls.

- You still can lose one round, of course you need to win the last one.

30.jpg  I'm Not Dead Yet! (S)

Comeback with under 10% health in an Online Ranked Match

Boostable. You need to win a single round within 10% health or less, AND your opponent needs to have the FULL 100% of his bar.

You can try THIS, thanks to ShadyCaveman.

Edited by Viper
Added server closure notices and unembedded the videos.

http://www.leptonic.com.mx/pics/pst/guides/mk9/miscellaneous.png

11.jpg  The Competitor (S)

Complete 200 Versus matches (online OR offline)

Boostable. You can get this trophy offline in versus modes with a second controller OR you can boost it in KOTH while you are boosting the respect points or time played.

22.jpg  Undertaker (B)

Unlock 50% of the Krypt

Easy one, but you will need around 160,000 coins to unlock the 50%. Finishing the story will net you like 150,000 and the rest you need to earn in the Challenges Tower or playing the ladder. Try to perform Fatalities (250 koins), Babalities (500 koins) and Flawless Victories (1,000 koins).

Look HERE for the location of the 4 hidden chests.

Thanks to StOrMtRoOpErMx19:

23.jpg  The Krypt Keeper (S)

Unlock 100% of the Krypt

For this one you need around 300,000 coins and it will take you like an hour to unlock all the stuff in the krypt. You can see the progress of the 4 areas by pressing :triangle: (map) and changing the area to see the % remaining in each section.

Also there are 4 hidden chests to find. They are NOT necessary to get the trophy but each one will net you 5,000 Koins and the locations are HERE.

One tip if you have the 4 hidden chests, thanks to MegaHentai for the tip:

MegaHentai said:
... technically, it is not necessary to unlock all the graves. You need a total of 299 graves for the trophy but the four secret chests count even though they have not been factored into the required total...

24.jpg  There Will Be Blood! (S)

Spill 10000 pints of blood

This will come by your natural progress. It will be one of your first trophies gained so don't worry about it; just keep playing ladders, story mode, challenges or online matches.

34.jpg  You've Got Style! (S)

Unlock all Alternate Costumes

This is an easy one. There are 26 costumes to buy in the Krypt PLUS Kratos' alternate costume which is unlocked by beating arcade ladder with Kratos (thanks Liad-88 for the tip), and you need exactly 28,980 koins to buy all of them (Cyber Sub-Zero is the only one without an alternate costume). Note that you DO NOT NEED Mileena's 3rd Alternate Costume to gain this trophy (Thanks to Wickedtheif1 for the tip). You need to unlock them in Nekropolis (note that it is NOT necessary to wear them). If you want them fast you need to find them exactly in the following locations: (Spoiler)

Spoiler

Deadlands

Reptile - Egg of the Last Saurian - DL-7 (1160 Koins)

Johnny Cage - Cage's Sunglasses - DL-15 (1200 Koins)

Sheeva - Sheeva's Shokan Talisman - DL-28 (1200 Koins)

Baraka - Baraka's Blades - DL-40 (1080 Koins)

Sektor - Sektor's Rocket - DL-47 (1100 Koins)

Stryker - Stryker's Baton and Pistol - DL-56 (800 Koins)

Quan Chi - Quan Chi's Amulet - DL-63 (1500 Koins)

Kitana - Kitana's Fans - DL-69 (1200 Koins)

Kabal - Kabal's Mask - DL-88 (1200 Koins)

Shang Tsung - Shang Tsung's Soul Amulet - DL-101 (920 Koins)

Nightwolf - Nightwolf's Tomahawk - DL-110 (1060 Koins)

Scorpion - Scorpion's Spear - DL-119 (1500 Koins)

Hollow of Infestation

Liu Kang - Liu Kang's Inner Dragon - HI-8 (980 Koins)

Sonya Blade - Sonya's Dog Tags - HI-22 (800 koins)

Mileena - Mileena's Sais - HI-33 (1140 Koins)

Meadow of Despair

Cyrax - Cyrax's Bomb - MD-6 (1200 Koins)

Raiden - Raiden's Thunder - MD-14 (940 Koins)

Kano - Kano's Knives - MD-25 (1200 Koins)

Jax - Jax's Flag - MD-36 (1200 Koins)

Sub-Zero - Grand Master's Amulet - MD-54 (1000 Koins)

Bloodmarsh

Noob Saibot - Noob's Shadow - BM-5 (1040 Koins)

Sindel - Sindel's Crown - BM-19 (1200 Koins)

Kung Lao - Kung Lao's Hat - BM-38 (1200 Koins)

Jade - Jade's Gold Necklace - BM-50 (1000 Koins)

Ermac - Ermac's Soul Trap - BM-68 (1200 Koins)

Smoke - Smoke's Cloud - BM-82 (960 koins)

HERE is an alternative method found by MisterJagi.

36.jpg  My Kung Fu Is Strong (S)

Gain Mastery of 1 Fighter

To master one character you need to complete the following objectives:

- 100 wins

- 100 -alities (fatalities and/or babalities)

- 150 X-Ray moves

- 10,000 liters of blood (each character)

- 24 net hours of play

You can keep track of the character’s progress in the Necropolis. You can download this CHECKLIST to help keep track of the moves and fighters.

See "My Kung Fu Is Stronger" for some tips.

37.jpg  My Kung Fu Is Stronger (G)

Gain Mastery of All Fighters

This is the most time consuming trophy in the game and by-the-way it is the ONLY gold trophy in the game. Like the “My Kung Fu Is Strong” trophy, you need to reach the mastery of ALL 28 fighters! This is the total objectives that you need to complete OVERALL MINIMUM:

- 2,800 wins

- 2,800 -alities (fatalities and/or babalities)

- 4,200 X-Rays moves

- 280,000 liters of blood

- 672 NET HOURS!! of play (like 28 days playing a full 24hrs a day)

There are two tips for making this trophy half way faster and doable in around 350 hours or less:

Tip 1:

- You need ONLY 1 control.

- Go to Training mode and select Tag Practice Mode (2vs2) and pick two desired fighters, both who need the 24 hours of time play.

- Once the "fight" starts just leave the controller plugged into the USB port and turn the TV off for a while (preferable at nights)

- When you check the "fight" just pause it and return to main menu (remember must be on training).

- After this go to Nekropolis and see the stats of both players and you will notice the increase of the time played.

Tip 2: thanks to darkrealm for the tip:

This trick takes two controllers:

Go to Tag versus

Enter versus code 466 (:square: four times :triangle: 6 times :circle: 6 times) on both controllers

Have rounds set for 3

You will have unlimited super bar so you can constantly do your X-rays. You can get about 24 done per match this way while it also helps with pints of blood spilled. You can master two things at a time while also working on the time milestone this way. It's saving me a bunch of time on this...

Obie83 has made a wonderfull Guide for this trophy, you can Check it HERE.

44.jpg  Complet-ality (B)(H)

Perform 1 of each type of '-ality'

You need to perform at less 1 fatality AND 1 babality. The following link shows ALL the fighter’s MOVES.

45.jpg  Finish Him? (B)(H)

Perform any fighter's hidden finishing move

This will unlock as you are trying for the “Complet-ality” trophy. Just perform ANY single Babality and you will have it. The following link shows ALL the fighter’s MOVES.

Happy gaming! :dance:

Edited by Viper
Unembedded the videos.

For trophies like 'The Grappler' 'e-X-cellent' 'Ultimate Humilitation' and 'Finish What You Start!' I'm doing them at the same time as going for 'Arcade Champion' so in theory when I get to my last character I should be getting all five trophies in my last ladder run.

I've wrote a little chart out for all the characters and I'm noting down when I've done their X ray, both throws, fatalities, babality etc

Just a tiny tip for those who want to be a bit more organised when going for these trophies, would suck missing say a throw move for a character as you wouldn't know which character it was :p

Yes i second that, i did arcade mode in order so i could keep track easily of grapple, fatality and X-ray trophies.

Turns out i got it well before as i had been playing vs with friends etc but it helped nonetheless.

Just want to point something out, which some people will know, others may not. ANYTHING performed using player 2 will NOT count towards trophies OR your characters stats.

Can I please request a change for the image of the trophy guide? this is MK9 not Armageddon, and it was such a bad MK game.

please use this:

Done, m8, thanks, also the trophy guide is now 100% full completed, I will keep updating it with videos for more help (once will be available) and tips from gamers who post in the threads for more reference.

I would like to add in one suggestion about the total time to plat. If you do all of your character mastery requirements on tag team, it will cut down on your overall playtime. For example, I set up a tag team match, 2-player with infinite time, and pick ermac and sindel for my characters. When I wake up 8 hours later both ermac and sindel will have 8 hours of play time added. None of the player 2 characters' stats will count though, only the player 1 characters. Just a suggestion.

Get all MK Dragons in Test Your Luck

This is 100% lucky bassed. You will need to repeat the challenge 24 in the tower and you will unlock it after some tries. 

Someone here on the Forums (sorry person! Forgot who exactly) posted a method that seems to make this trophy a bit less luck-based. What they did was select Test Your Luck, Easy, and after the first roulette selects the enemy, they press :square: x7, get a koin, :triangle: x7, get a koin, :circle: x7, get a koin, get trophy.

Many confirmed this to work, while others said they couldn't get it to work (I personally got a lot of koins doing this, but never 3 times together...still working on it).

EDIT: BTW, nice job on the guide! :)

Done, m8, thanks, also the trophy guide is now 100% full completed, I will keep updating it with videos for more help (once will be available) and tips from gamers who post in the threads for more reference.

Awesome, great job on the guide. :applause:

here we go i need a good boosting partner.... where can i find one at???

Check this topic for boosting partners :p

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/mortal-kombat/100294-trophy-boosting-thread.html

Ultimate Humiliation

Perform every fighter's hidden finishing move

For this one you need to perform EVERY HIDDEN finishing move for all 28 fighters. There is a total of 115 special moves (X-Ray DOES NOT count) but for this trophy you only need to perform 87 moves

this is incorrect. you only need to perform one of each fighters hidden finishers. 'perform every fighters hidden finishing move' not 'perform every hidden move for each character'. i unlocked this after going through and doing all the babalities. i have only done the default starting fatalities of each character and a few stage fatalities hardly any 2nd krypt unlockable finishers...so yeah. you def dont need to do all that many.

• Viper changed the title to Mortal Kombat - Road Map & Trophy Guide