should i get this or wait for MK9

toxia

i went and picked it up and have been having a good time:)

didn't think it was nearly as bad as iv read about

It is a bad game. :p

• The combo system is random and lenient.
  • The cutscenes are nice, but they lack depth in plot.
  • Fatalities are weak.
  • Many things make the game unbalanced, like free falling which can take up to 50% of your health as far as I remember.
  • The online is kinda region locked.

I only picked it up for the Kombo challenges and I was pleased with the challenge.

Edited by Baqsam

my opinion is wait for Mortal Kombat 9

Yeah, same here. I admit I've picked MK vs. DC up off the shelf and looked at it a few times, but I've read so many bad reviews of it I can't bring myself to buy it. Plus the whole concept of the game seems kind of weird to me, so I put it back and continue to wait for my pre-ordered Kollecter's Edition of MK9.

I bought MK vs. DC today. Late, I know. :rolleyes:

Still going to try it once I get home. I liked MK since MK2, and I enjoy Marvel, so why not (even though the concept/plot is very weird).

I hope the online works well for me (in america but got the EU game), and I hope the Kombo challenges won't make me rage too much - I'll probably just put them aside and do the slowly just like Street Fighter IV's ones.

I'm not expecting a great game, just some good fun. If it fails I'll just trade it in.

yeah i know mortal kombat 9 is gonna be amazing i just pre ordered the kollectors addition today and mk vs dc is okay its a lil fun and makes me even more excited to play the new one.

Mortal Kombat 3 ultimate for snes was prolly the game i played the most growing up

MK9 looks amazing and im definitely gonna get it but was wondering if this game was worth the 20 dollars? and is there still a lot of people playing online?

there are a bunch of people online. Im US and I played last night. There were 10 different lobby that added to around 150 people.

It is a bad game. :p

• The combo system is random and lenient.
  • The cutscenes are nice, but they lack depth in plot.
  • Fatalities are weak.
  • Many things make the game unbalanced, like free falling which can take up to 50% of your health as far as I remember.
  • The online is kinda region locked.

I only picked it up for the Kombo challenges and I was pleased with the challenge.

Kombo system is great just takes skill, (mkvsdc was used in a tournament)

Story does lack a deeper plot and a less repeatative one too

Fatalitys are shitty but jokers always makes me smile

free falling goes up to 30% which is really just a good kombo (like lui kangs many kicks into a fireball into a flying kick is exactly 30% damage)

Online is region locked to prevent more lagging

Its a great mortal kombat game. It definally lacks modes. Gameplay wise Where is accually matters is really good

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
This game super sucks.

Could not stand the stupid ass story mode.

Annoying.

Yeah, raiden fighting batman was totally retarded.

I feel as if the character personalities/motives were written by aspie kids.