I can't play online.

The online portion of this game is pretty frustrating. Between the Relentless trophy not unlocking when it should and not being able to play online at all it's ridiculous.

I'm able to log on, join a room, and challenge people. 99% of the people don't respond to the challenge and when I get one person to take the bait, after about 2 or 3 matches the person quits. After that, I either get booted from the server entirely or NO ONE accepts the challenge. What the crap?

I do have a couple of questions, though. What does the red/green/black indicator light next to a persons name mean? As best I can tell green means the person is not in a match, red means they are (?) and I have no idea what black means.

Any information? Or suggestions for how to get matches going?

The online portion of this game is pretty frustrating. Between the Relentless trophy not unlocking when it should and not being able to play online at all it's ridiculous.

I'm able to log on, join a room, and challenge people. 99% of the people don't respond to the challenge and when I get one person to take the bait, after about 2 or 3 matches the person quits. After that, I either get booted from the server entirely or NO ONE accepts the challenge. What the crap?

I do have a couple of questions, though. What does the red/green/black indicator light next to a persons name mean? As best I can tell green means the person is not in a match, red means they are (?) and I have no idea what black means.

Any information? Or suggestions for how to get matches going?

Can you play right now? I'm down to hop on and play a few games. I'm not that great (7W 12L) but I enjoy a good challenge.

• 1 month later...

im glad 2 see it's not only me thats having issues with this game online. i've been trying to play this online now for a while...most of the time, when i try connect to a match, i get a "this game session is no longer available" message. the games that do go through, i end up getting cut off either while trying to select a character or when the match starts....SO FRUSTRATING!!!!

Edited by BLKR32

i played fine yesterday .. i was boosting me and the other guy kept winning back and forth 10 games, what we did was he wins both rounds i quit and go back to the list of people in my created room i made then i ask him again make him win both rounds and then quit ( quit as in select NO to no more fighting ) and we kept doing that incase it doesn't count just replay over and over again... so we did this about a good 50 times and i had to take a break... i just checked .. my stats are not updated yet .... that's my big issue .. i wanna know how often they get update cause it still says i won 1 game lost 4 Disc from 1.

so over all we got over 50 games played so another 50 for sure should make things good. ( the 1 game won and 4 loss was from when i played sometime last thursday or friday or something * shrugs * )

• 1 year later...

hei guys,its terrible i can't play online this game and get relentless trophy, usually have these problems :

1-when it says "connecting to lobby".the connection suddenly break...

2-when i'm in the middle of the game,after couple of secs it says "this game is no longer exist"

i live in iran and i have EU version of the game but my account is for US,

any suggestions or help ??

• 3 weeks later...
hei guys,its terrible i can't play online this game and get relentless trophy, usually have these problems :

1-when it says "connecting to lobby".the connection suddenly break...

2-when i'm in the middle of the game,after couple of secs it says "this game is no longer exist"

i live in iran and i have EU version of the game but my account is for US,

any suggestions or help ??

i had this problem... only solution for me was to play someone close to home that lived about 20 minutes from me. Noone else would connect :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I played fine for the most part last night but this afternoon I was getting "The Network connection to your system has been lost. Make sure your ethernet cables and router are connected properly." Funny since I was already signed into the PSN and am still signed into the PSN while getting the msg, so I dunno.

I also got that message last night when I trying to boost with a friend. I doubt the servers are offline because of Midway no longer exist.

• 1 month later...

I always felt that with these types of online games the PS3 should act as a peer to peer to host the match.

That way gamers that pick up titles in the bargain bin are still afforded the opportunity to play the game and get the online trophies even if it is a year or 2 down the road from the release date.

:think:

I'd agree that if this option were possible then it should definitely be made available. Servers getting closed down is just the pits. What adds insult to injury on this one is that the online has been down for the last few months and yet it says nothing on the MK vs DC official site or anywhere I can find. Though the forums on the MK vs DC site have been closed down since December, so read into that what you may.

I don't think that the servers are down. I've just checked YGC and noticed that some people got online trophies from this game yesterday.

Check this:

Humiliation - YourGamerCards.net

Yeah you're dead right. I went and looked at the last 20 or so people that achieved it and it seems all of them are from the Americas though. I think the servers over that side of the Atlantic are still up, but here in Europe they're down. There's a guy in the boosting thread that said as much too.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...