Did the servers shut down on July 16th, 2014?

All gamespy related stuff shut down on that day. :(

They all went off at once or one by one.

I get the same message when trying to connect to midnight club.

You must be signed in even though you are.

Well done Gamespy! Way to be a part of pretty much every game in existence yet still manage to go out of business! Probably no work around for this one either since the online community was like 100 daily players. Oh well, was never gonna get the (P) anyways with the Kombo Challenges from hell looming.

Well done Gamespy! Way to be a part of pretty much every game in existence yet still manage to go out of business! Probably no work around for this one either since the online community was like 100 daily players. Oh well, was never gonna get the (P) anyways with the Kombo Challenges from hell looming.

So its 100% the server is closed?

Aaaarrrtggghhh :( I really wanted to play and plat this game, but now? :( FUCK !!!

There were warnings all up and down on the internet regarding gamespy.

This site even had a dedicated list that was being updated regularly infact probably the best list on the net.

And also it doesn't look like they will be re-opening anytime soon this time.

There were warnings all up and down on the internet regarding gamespy.

This site even had a dedicated list that was being updated regularly infact probably the best list on the net.

And also it doesn't look like they will be re-opening anytime soon this time.

Anyway im very happy. Hopefully i didn't start the game, because i didn't have yet the game. I just preordered the game, but i refused :) I another way im sad :( because i never had a chance to try this game :/

I'm so pissed at myself for not getting "Relentless" while I had the chance. :mad: Even started boosting it and had like 20 fights left when something came up and I had to quit, thought I'd finish it another time but when that time came it was too late. Was always aiming for 100% on my account too, and this will be the first and only trophy making that goal unreachable. :pout:

I just have bought the game yesterday

I ddnt about the shutdown cuz the ddnt right it in the guide when I have bought it till I have downloaded it I enterd the guide and its says unobtainable

Do u feel what I feel :(

Do u feel what I feel :(

Yes, yes I do. :p

I really wanted to hear something official about this though, and I found this info on the US PS-store:

As of May 31, 2014 online matchmaking will no longer function for Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe due to Gamespy removing its online infrastructure and support for a number of titles. WB Games evaluated a large number of migration solutions, including extensive discussions with the engineering team at NetherRealm Studios. Due to the complexities of supporting the game's older networking framework, there was no feasible way to integrate a new network layer. This was a very difficult realization for us given the passion we have for the game.

Please also note that it might not be possible to obtain all the trophies once the online funcionality has been shut down. If you have further questions about the shutdown of these services, please visit http://support.wbgames.com

Sounds like WB tried to save it but NetherRealm didn't care about the game enough, which I guess makes sense since it was 6 years old and they have since made far superior games in both the MK and the DC universes.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
The online trophies were not hard at all to get by simply just playing the game. There was no need to boost. It is just very sad that you cannot play this game at all anymore. The real only hard trophies are the kombo challenges.

The combo challenges wasn't that hard. A little practice and it can be done. Who know, some day may be on this server ? :think: