What Kombo Challenges Have You Completed?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright, I got my copy of this game back and after some rigorous sessions, I have the Batman, Jax, Flash and Green Lantern Kombo Challenges completed!

I also have Shao Khan, Captain Marvel, Lex Luthor, Wonder Woman and Joker at 1 challenge left. Almost all of these include some sort of crouched juggling, which I find nearly impossible.

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to get Sub-Zero's Kombo Challenge done, making 5 completed. All of the other Kombo Challenges I have 3 or less to finish except for:

Raiden, Shang Tsung, Kano, Liu Kang, Catwomen, Deathstroke

These are just driving me insane.

EDIT: Just completed Kitana's, Scorpion's, Shao Khan's, Captain Marvel's, and Joker's kombo challenges. 12 to go!

Edited by Devil May Cry

You know, as a full retail fighting game, it's probably one of the worst made this generation. The premise is amazing (Shao Kahn vs Superman? Effing right!), but the execution is so low-budget that it TOTALLY blows any brownie points out the water. The problem you guys are having with the Kombo Challenges is due to the make-shift collision properties of the game. You could have hit every single number of hits in the whole combo, the guy never hits the ground, it even registers on screen as being a whole combo, but it won't pop up as being completed. For me, I smashed all of them somewhat smoothly, but there were a couple that left me scratching my head like, "what?" After TOO many times of me DOING the combo CORRECTLY, the last 2 just opened up suddenly. After I got the Platinum, I gave the game back to the friend that lent it to me. I'll pick it up myself when it's under 10...cents...lol.

All I got left now is:

Sonya #10

Kano #10

Liu Kang #4 (I cannot get the fireball to work!)

Raiden #9,10

Shang Tsung #9,10

I can't get Sonya's kick to flying attack to work in the combo. It's just a matter of time though.

For Kano, I just cannot get the knife to ball combo to trigger at all.

I don't know why Liu Kang's combo won't trigger for me. I can do the pro move just fine, I just can't get that jump punch to fireball to work.

As for Raiden and Shang Tsung, I'm saving them for last. I think I'm getting better at Shang Tsung though, at least for his #9.

All I have left now is Shang Tsung#9 and Raiden #9, 10. I'm so close! I can taste the Platinum.

EDIT: All I have left is Raiden #9 now! Just...one...more...

Do you still have Raiden #9 to go?

I found it a lot easier when I tried it on a smaller opponent like Sonya. Cause I was trying it against someone big like Shao Kahn and after the teleport the third punch would never hit. Just trying to help...