why are the challenge trophies so rare?

i completed about 8 of the character's challenges over the course of a couple days; i finished the rest the next day. except for a select few, the challenges were really easy, especially compared to SSFIV trials and (U)MVC3 missions. how come all of the challenge trophies are only 1-2% earned according to PSNprofiles?

• 2 weeks later...

each of these trophies have about a 2% earn-rate, that's the same as SSFIV's trail athlete and umvc3's master of tasks trophies, both of which are much more difficult than mk vs dcu challenges. it's just so weird.

when this game first came out, i remember people saying the challenges were really hard because you had to do them all in one shot or something. maybe it's because a lot of kids have this game.

• 6 months later...
There are 3 types of players:

Those who got the skills to complete this with ease such as yourself

Those that never will be able to pull stuff like this off

Those that will learn over time :)

Actually that is the definition of a gamer, in games there are sub-genre for each game

in case of Fighting games, there are 3 types of players if i'm not mistake

1) The player that has skills, remember the moves and makes strategy (a.k.a real fighter player)

2) The player that only uses cheap methods and glitches/exploits for easy wins (a.k.a bad fighter player), excluding of course the people that don't have skills and use this methods as last resource

3) The type of player that mash buttons and pray that something happen (a.k.a lucky non-fighter player)

In this case a lot us (include me) we are #3, maybe you Topic creator are #1

Edited by Totavier

• 1 month later...

I agree with the OP so far... I have done several characters in the course of 1-2 days and I'm not even a good fighting game player... It doesn't feel anything near the difficulty of SF trials (of which I haven't fully finished a single character yet). I don't understand how every single character's trophy is an ultra rare while the SSF4 1 character complete trophy is 14%... am I missing something in SSF4, or people just really don't bother with this game? (and hence the rarity..)

• 2 months later...

I'm not a fighting game player at all, yet someone offered me this game, which didn't interested me a lot, but I had a try anyway.

I couldn't pull anything right from it in terms of skill, and couldn't do at least half of a combo challenge.

5 years later being a trophy hunter I regret it so much, moreover when the servers closed...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This game seemed so impossible when I first started nearly 8 years ago, but I'm slowly making my way through the challenges.

This post will be for my sanity to root myself on. Here we go.

Shao Kahn

Batman

Green Lantern

Jax

Flash

Kitana

Sub-Zero

Superman

Captain Marvel

Deathstroke

Baraka

Scorpion

Wonder Woman

Lex Luthor

Darkseid

Catwoman

Kano

Joker

Sonya

Lui Kang

Raiden

Shang Tsung

4/9/16: 9 Left - Sweet ambrosia, I'm over the hump. Tip for Superman 8, Faster than a Speeding Bullet. I spent like 1 hour trying to get the breath to go off in the middle section: The Triangle, X, Back X and then Breath. The key here is there should be a slight pause in the middle. Quickly tap out Triangle X and then wait a sliiiiight fraction of a second, and then do back X and breath. The breath will execute in this method. Otherwise you keep doing a three hit combo with the Triangle, X, back X.

4/16/16: 5 Left - Maybe these are getting easier but I found Lex Luthor to be extremely easy. Maybe 3 outta 10. Most of his combos complete in just 3 tries. I guess people have different skills depending on the button combos needed. Some people said were easy I found very hard and vice versa.

4/17/16: 3 Left - Got lucky on the Joker's #10 kick-me-do ending. Srsly whata BS pro move Midway. "You ARE a ruthless son of a bitch, and I'm glad you're dead. Hahahahahahahahahahahhaahaha"

4/26/16: 1 Left - Took a break for a week or so and banged out Kano and Shang in an hour. I honestly found Shang to be very easy, no exaggeration. I did his combo 9 in maybe 10 tries and his 10 in about 6 tries. In comparison, took me like 100 tries for Kano's combo 8, ouch.

Just Raiden left. Mayhaps I can complete tomorrow? Dunnn dunnnnnnnn dunnnnnnnn.

4/27/16: KOMPLETE. Definitely recommend doing Raiden's 10 in the corner. SO MUCH EASIER when you can teleport twice in the same direction.

Thanks for the encouragement ghost thread :) I can finally retire :)

Edited by Startyde