Worth it for $8 even without Plat?

Wilkz13

• 1 month later...
the game is on the 20th anniversary sale now for $8. Is the game worth playing even though the 3 onlines and plat can no longer be gotten? the guide shows 9/10 for plat difficulty but that includes the ranked online - would the score be lower now that there is no online?

Well, depends on how you like the game and franchise.

The difficulty basically is due to it's time to platinum, since it requires 24 hours per character, at least.

But if you like mortal kombat , blood , and a lenghty enjoyable game, is actually totally worth it.

In fact, I consider psvita having the best collection of fighting games in a portable console.

It's true the game has les visual impact than Ps3...of course!! miracles cannot be done, yet people forget this is not a PS3. It's a portable doing an amazing job.

$8?... If you like the game, just get it and enjoy, from story to gameplay as close as posible to 60 fps on a handheld.Awesome ;)

If you have nostalgia for the games, I'd say get it. Can't beat that price for 8 dollars. I would say that you could play with your friends who might have the game, but I'd assume the online function as you said also shut down the invite portion as well. I will say this - when I purchased it long ago, I literally played it for about a week maybe. And haven't since.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
the game is on the 20th anniversary sale now for $8. Is the game worth playing even though the 3 onlines and plat can no longer be gotten? the guide shows 9/10 for plat difficulty but that includes the ranked online - would the score be lower now that there is no online?

The game is still a lot of fun without online (never really liked the netcode for Mortal Kombat, even PS3 ver.). So for anyone considering getting the game on an eventual sale, I still think it is worth it. The story mode is fun and the challenge towers offer plenty of content to play in short bursts which is nice to have on a portable.

Most players aren't getting the platinum anyway even if they have the now unachievable online trophies, due to the mastery of all characters trophy. It is extremely time consuming. If you are not a completionist, even without the online trophies and without character masteries, you can shoot for a decent 80% completion in this game.