Best method to grind My Kung Fu is Stronger

skroq

Hey there,

I would like to present you the fastest method to boost infamous trophy My Kung Fu Is Stronger.

This method will require 2 PS Vitas. If both Vitas are registered to your PSN email than you just need on copy of MK9. You will be playing AD-HOC.

This is the fastest way to boost that trophy.

1. Devotion time.

The most pleasant thing to boost and all you need to worry is VITA overheating + electric bill. Make sure VITA is placed in a shade. I left my VITA at work where I have AC and I don't pay for electricity.

Go to Training -> Tag Team Practice - select pair of fighters you want to boost time with and leave your VITA for 23-24hours on (about 1 hour will used for x-rays, fatalities and blood).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR03M4jMdLs]Mk9 time boost - YouTube[/ame]

X-rays

For this you will need two VITAs.

Go to Versus -> ADHOC TAG on both Vitas -> hit X when it finds the other VITA ->Select fighters ->on the loading screen input the code for unlimited Super Meter (466 466) and keep doing this until you have 150 x-rays.

Video below:

Fatalities and Victories.

No need to worry about victories, only fatalities.

You will need two VITAs for this as well.

Go to Versus-> ADHOC 1V1 -> hit X when it finds the other VITA ->Select fighters ->on the loading screen input the code for Sans Power (044-440 -Kombatants have almost no life, one hit kills).

If you want you can also pick up the arena, but i didn't bother. Quickly punch your oponent and perform fatality. Rinse and repeat.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-s5lNc0IQs&feature=plcp]Mk9 Vita easy fatality/ wins boost - YouTube[/ame]

Blood

For normal people who have 1 vita :) Play ladder set timer to 90 seconds and 2 rounds, easy difficulty. Use combos that spill lots blood. You can figure it out easily, by checking the blood spilled in Nekropolis.

For people who have two Vitas, play AH-HOC TAG. Input code 091 091 so you have Hyper Combat - everything is faster and keep killing the other players. It's usually 250 litres of blood per 1 game of Ad-hoc although it can change depending on player and moves you use.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMfbK0-T6AE&feature=plcp]Mk9 vita blood boost - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by skroq

Nice strategy - but I'm afraid of causing permanent damage to the OLED screen if I leave it on 24/7 with the same static image...

there is no static image, because you have to keep the character moving. So it's in my case it's constantly trying to move back or forward.

It must be nice to own two Vitas to be able to boost. The lack of boosting probably isn't much of an issue for the rest of us though. Each character needs 100 victories, 100 x-rays, and 100 -alities, and 24 hours, so even if I were to boost x-rays, I would still be stuck with no simple way to boost the other stats by a comparable amount. I like the ladder idea, which I'm going to use when I start for victories/fatalities/x-rays. For 1 Vita owners, the best way is to spam the ladder and perform 1 x-ray and fatality per victory. I time boost by putting a rubber band around the shoulder button during tag team practice.

As for 1 Vita owners, the only other realistic way to boost x-rays, victories, and fatalities is to partner up with someone and do online private matches. I believe this is the only way you can access the versus matches and use kombat kodes (infinite meter, 1/4 health, etc). The problem with this, of course, is finding someone just as dedicated and willing to pay back the favor by alternating victories with a fatality combo.

As for you with 2 Vitas, I'm assuming you have the timer set to the largest amount and spam x-rays? Does the x-ray have to strike the opponent to count (can the opponent block it and still count)? If not, I imagine you could just sit there and hold the block down on one Vita and spam the x-ray controls. Try it out and see if it works.

• 2 weeks later...

Now 1.5 weeks into the grind, I want to share my routine for 1 Vita owners.

Time boost: Tag team practice with rubber band over block button.

Victory/Fatality strategy: First 8 rounds on *medium*. I try to get 1 victory, 1 fatality and 1 x-ray landed each round. I choose medium because your opponent fights more, boosting the super meter in the process so you can attempt an x-ray. I've found that I don't lose that much more time choosing beginner vs. medium. Roughly 10 seconds per round.

X-ray Boost: I've noticed that your super meter builds up *fast* when your opponent blocks. Do a tag team practice and set the AI to block. You will build your super meter quickly. Switch the AI back to normal, do the x-ray, and set back to block. Rinse and repeat. Then when you hit 150, tag out and do the other character. Also note that when you get to Jax and Kano, you don't have to switch the AI settings for their x-rays.

Also note that if you are trying to boost X-rays in training with Johnny Cage, do the same procedure mentioned above but with Scorpion. Build super meter the same way, but allow Scorpion to attack with his teleport. That's the moment you want to trigger the x-ray. Any other character with a predictable attack will work.

So this time the X-rays can be boost in Training mode? How about the 10K gallon of blood? Boostable in training?

I been doing this pain in ass job with 1 Vita couple of month but process just 6/32........ I was wondering when my friend could borrow me his Vita so that I could speed up this boosting to proof that MY KUNGFU REALLY STONGER than NetherRealm think = =||

Hey I got a question about this trophy

Can the win, fatality, and the X-rays be combined together with unlimited meter thing? So yes or no

So it will take 100 matches to get master on the character if my plan is right

If the time is already done

Will also the wavenet trophy also appear

Please tell me and thank you

Hey I got a question about this trophy

Can the win, fatality, and the X-rays be combined together with unlimited meter thing? So yes or no

So it will take 100 matches to get master on the character if my plan is right

If the time is already done

Will also the wavenet trophy also appear

Please tell me and thank you

Yes, but what is the point. It will take too long to do it, since you just need 12-15 tag matches to get 150 x-rays.

I don't think you can boost blood in training, I tried it and the blood meter has not changed.

I am in half way with Kung Fu is Stronger. I should have platinum by the end of this month, because I am doing 1 fighter per day - not to get bored.

Edited by skroq

Yeah...Posted it before trying it. So irritating...getting this trophy on the Vita is a miserable chore.

The next best thing I've tried is the 1 fatality/1-xray per victory. I've found that some characters are harder to use on medium difficulty (for me), so sometimes I switch to easy. The best method to ensuring you get an x-ray nearly every match is to exploit a character's combo so the opponent can't block. For example, Milena's (back x circle) will put your opponent in the air briefly. It is then easy to time the x-ray to hit. So once your meter is full, keep trying that method until the opponent cannot block and x-ray.

Unfortunately, I've timed the ladder on easy difficulty. On average, it usually takes 9 minutes for me (with load times, fatalities, etc). You have to complete the ladder 12 times (+4 macthes) to complete just the victories/fatalities. So it's basically 2 hours of work alone to master two aspects of the character. Painful. Very painful. I've done maybe 20 characters so far.

As for the x-rays, since the practice method won't work (fuck you developers), you'll have to settle for the next best thing, which is long matches on hard/expert setting with as many rounds as possible (3?). You stick to an easy and fast combo and you will build super meter quickly since the AI will block quite a bit. Then once super is built, you pull off your character's combo so the AI cannot block. Then you repeat. This works well with Johnny cage, since the AI attacks more often on harder difficulty settings, allowing you to have more opportunities to counter with his peculiar x-ray.

That method should be faster than spamming the ladder on easier settings. It should allow you get get at least 2 x-rays in per match (so 6 x-rays per the entire round). If you're really good, you might be able to squeeze in a 3rd x-ray each match. So 48 x-rays for the ladder, but with 24 matches. It's not terrible. And if you have been trying the 1-xray per round method while doing fatalities, you won't have to do that much additional work.

In summary, the method for this trophy is 3 phases:

1) Time

2) Victories/fatalities/x-rays

3) Finishing the x-rays

You could combine 2 and 3 a bit to optimize the time you spend, but being a 1 Vita owner, this is pretty much the template.

Update:

So now I'm on "phase 3" of the grind. Just finishing up x-rays for each character now. I definitely recommend trying to get an x-ray each round for the "phase 2" grind. I have found with the few characters I completed x-rays for that you pretty much have to complete the ladder once. I'm doing it on hard with a 3 match setting. For most characters, you can only hope to land 1 x-ray per round. However, there are some characters that you can easily hit 2 x-rays every time (Kung Lao).

My observations:

1) Absolutely critical that you find a "transition" combo, something that will lead into an unblockable x-ray. Opponents on hard block all the time, which is what you want of course to build super meter. It's still easy to land an x-ray, but you need a transition combo, otherwise they block naked x-rays 90% of the time.

Be thorough with this. It may seem like some characters do not have a good transition combo. I thought Ermac didn't, but a simple square triangle square x-ray hits every time.

2) Take advantage of special attacks. Some characters have both offensive and defensive special moves. Use both to build super meter in between AI blocking. For example, I'm completing Jade's x-rays right now and I spam down right circle the entire time.

3) Another easy way to x-ray that doesn't require a combo?? I noticed that Stryker really doesn't have a good combo to transition into an x-ray. I tried many different things to find something easy, but nothing worked...until I corner spammed. There's something about the corner that makes the AI go dumb. I would first build super meter with Stryker and get the AI into the corner. Then you trip the AI and x-ray as it's getting back up. The x-ray hits nearly every single time. **I have only tried this on the easier settings with Stryker. But if you can't find an easy method for other characters, consider trying this.

4) Avoid certain characters in the ladder. Some character AI like to play games, like Reptile and Noob. You'll spend more time trying to chase them than getting x-rays. Just quit and rejoin the ladder. There will be other characters you will want to avoid only once you progress far enough up the ladder. Rain is an example. Rain will throw down 30% damage combos very rapidly. Run away

5) How many x-rays do I have left without quitting and checking the character profile? Before you start on a new character, check their x-ray stats. Say you have 30 left to go. Compare to the game timer. For most characters, you get 1 x-ray per minute. So a quick estimate is if you see 25 minutes, you hit close to 25 x-rays (assuming you hit them every time).

6) Sometimes you can get the AI down to a speck of health. AI cannot block. Instant x-ray. It happens more often than you would think.

Hope this helps for some. It's a very long road.

I will make a future post on my strategy for each character to land x-rays easily and rapidly.

This is a post that I will edit in the future. Below are my strategies for quick super meter building and x-rays.

Scorpian:

During match- any special

For x-ray: Chain (back back x), then x-ray

Kung Lao:

During match: Teleport, sometimes transitioning into a 4 hit combo when opponent blocks.

X-ray: Spin (down-right-square), then x-ray will AI is in the air.

Sub-Zero:

During Match: Slide (left-right-circle), and other specials mixed up together.

X-ray: Freeze AI, then x-ray.

Sindel

x-ray: Almost any combination of attacks work. Do any ground level 2-3 hit combo and end with an x-ray.

Ermac

X-ray: (Square-triangle-square)-x-ray

Jade

X-ray: (Back-square)-x-ray

Mileena

x-ray (back-square-circle)-x-ray. This takes a little patience. You have to do the x-ray while the AI is briefly in the air.

Reptile

X-ray (back-back-x or back-back-square)-x-ray. Again, AI will be in the air, but it is easy to time the x-ray.

Night-Wolf

x-ray Axe lift (down-right-square)-x-ray. Takes some patience, but easy to master. AI will be briefly in the air.

Sektor

x-ray (square-triangle-back+square)-x-ray. This move lifts the AI briefly into the air.

Smoke

x-ray (down-left-triangle)-x-ray. This is the smoke ball. The timing on this one can be tough, but it's the only way I've found Smoke's x-ray to be unblockable. The key to this is to wait for the AI to materialize again, but just slightly. You want to hit the x-ray before the camera shifts. This is a fast one. It's extremely easy to build super meter with smoke and 2 x-rays per round is easy to get most times.

Sheeva

x-ray Very straight forward. Best to use after AI jumps 2x, but 90% of the time, this x-ray will hit without a problem.

Kano

x-ray Also straight forward. Just find a good opportunity to perform a grab.

Jax

x-ray Same as above. Jax builds super very quickly with (down-right-triangle). Sometimes it's possible to get an x-ray in 2x per round.

Johnny Cage

x-ray This can be tricky, but I think I've found a decent way to get the x-ray most of the time. To optimize time, you want a quick way to build super, since sometimes the x-ray will not work. If you spam (foward-x-x), the AI blocks most of the time, allowing you to build super rapidly. I've also noticed that the AI usually attacks after they block your attack. That's your opportunity to rapidly x-ray. A lot of the time, it hits. Sometimes the AI will just stand there, which is annoying, but not much can be done about that.

More to come later.

Edited by hooverbm

To boost blOod i used mk9 forum, there is indepth guide for my kung fu is stronger. Although some combos didnt spill as much blood as author was advertising. P. S. 6 more fighters to platinym. Should tak 3 to 4 days.

Edited by skroq

• 3 weeks later...

This is cute.

Finished up every trophy and I'm sitting here wondering where the platinum is. Look at my list and I have one hidden trophy left to unlock. Guess what it is? Unlock Mileena's alternate costume. Oh, the one that I already have by completing the 300th mission in the tower? Yup.

Tried beating the 300th mission again. Nothing. I BEAT the mission with Mileena using the unlocked costume that was supposed to trigger a trophy. lol, nothing.

A big "fuck you" to the developers.

This is cute.

Finished up every trophy and I'm sitting here wondering where the platinum is. Look at my list and I have one hidden trophy left to unlock. Guess what it is? Unlock Mileena's alternate costume. Oh, the one that I already have by completing the 300th mission in the tower? Yup.

Tried beating the 300th mission again. Nothing. I BEAT the mission with Mileena using the unlocked costume that was supposed to trigger a trophy. lol, nothing.

A big "fuck you" to the developers.

You have to beat ALL missions in tower to get trophy... not skip and unlock costume by buying your way up the ladder.

If you didnt skip any and have them all done.. them well shit.. did you try taking out cartridge and turning off vita and puttiing it back in once its turned on, works on ALOT of other vita games when trophies bug out.

Thats all the tips i can give you.. my bet is you skipped mission though.. let me know!

Finally got it.

I tried what you mentioned before I reformatted the game card. I never skipped a mission. In fact, I had the trophy unlocked before. Something very strange happened to my game card awhile ago. I was completing bonus tower missions and I got fed up with the game, so I turned it off while in the middle of a mission. When I returned to it weeks later, several trophies that I had unlocked were suddenly locked. For example, I had "Unlock 100% of the Krypt" completed, but it became locked again. It was only until I opened a hidden chest that the trophy came back.

I tried a few different things for Mileena's costume. Nothing worked. It was a real bitch going back to doing 300 missions again. But once I unlocked the costume, the platinum popped up right after.

• 2 months later...

I would also like to add an idean to the boosting an xray each round. I was doing tag ladder with 3 rounds. I also had one character be someone that stuns the opponent (ex sub's freeze, kabal's spin etc). I used that characters stun move, immediately tagged out to the other character, and got their xray to land everytime. This should work for all chars except Johnny Cage.

On a side note, I have found a boosting partner. Can anyone confirm that you can do the 466 466 code works in private matches? That would make it a LOT easier for me as I am finishing up my grind. Thank you

~aliens~

• 4 weeks later...
Can anyone confirm that you can do the 466 466 code works in private matches? That would make it a LOT easier for me as I am finishing up my grind. Thank you

Yes it does.. thats how I got my X-Rays done with a friend.. it will get boring but you have to space out your schedule. Use tag matches to get more per match.

I already have the platinum for this and I wrote the guide for this game.. have 100% on both PS3 and Vita versions of MK

Edited by acowsik
Added quote tag

Got this free with PS+, going to at least try and get this trophy :p (Bearing in mind, I haven't played a fighting game since Tekken on the PS1)

My vita is in the verge of dying anyway so I don't mind leaving it on for 500hrs, the other vita I'm getting as a replacement can help me boost the other requirements.