Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection

**** these ****ing games.

Worst $7 I've spent in a while

I can't even beat one of them.

In the first one I managed to get all the way until where you fight two guys instead of one (after like 50 continues), and there is NO WAY I'm getting past this.

The second and third game I can only manage to win about 3 matches before I can't go any further.

Difficulty set to VERY EASY.

More like VERY ****ING HARD.

I need a character with a move to spam like crazy and the CPU won't block it....EVER.

Don't you remember how hard and cheap these games were back in the day? It still applies to the arcade kollection. There are little tricks and tips that you can use to exploit almost all of the fights. It may take some practice and getting used to but it is definitely doable.

Difficulty Very Easy and keep continuing and changing character. Eventually the AI goes down.

For Mortal Kombat 1, best strat seems to be using flying kicks. Jump forward, kick, walk back a bit (or jump back), jump kick forward again and so on. Every character including the dual matches and bosses will fall for it eventually, keep continuing, be resilient. If you are having trouble with a particular character, choose himself/herself, so that the match will change (problem person will move up to Mirror Match).

Mortal Kombat 2 is a bit worse, I found that Baraka is the best character to spam with. Keep tapping backwards and let the AI come close. As soon as it is in range to start an attack, press LP (X). Baraka will do his Blade Fury that has high priority and hits for great damage.

Another good tip for MK2 is in the final battle before Shang Tsung (the one before the "?" mark), only use Circle button (Low Kick). Abuse sweeps and flying kicks, Raiden works well here because you can do his superman special without pressing buttons other than the directions (back, back, forward). Winning only one round will be enough to enable the Jade battle, fighting her is nice because it effectively reduces this last fight to one round (and regardless of defeating Jade or not, you'll move to Shang Tsung).

MK3, Sindel is a good bet. Forward, Forward, Forward, High punch (Scream attack that paralyzes enemy), most enemies walk into it, even Shao Khan. Then quickly combo with HK, HP, down+HP (launches enemy), flying kick, air projectile. Train this combo and you'll need only a few times to kill an enemy (forgot how much damage % this deals, but it is good damage for sure).

Good luck and remember, keep continuing.

I remember being on Shang Tsung once, after TONS of continuing, then my phone rang, I went for it and forgot to hit Continue... Game Over LMAO. Keep at it guys!

Edited by Guimace

Worst $7 I've spent in a while

I can't even beat one of them.

In the first one I managed to get all the way until where you fight two guys instead of one (after like 50 continues), and there is NO WAY I'm getting past this.

The second and third game I can only manage to win about 3 matches before I can't go any further.

Difficulty set to VERY EASY.

More like VERY ****ING HARD.

I need a character with a move to spam like crazy and the CPU won't block it....EVER.

I'm with you on this... I paid FULL PRICE for this... WISH I HADN'T!!! I lost interest in this game MINUTES after playing it!!! Got NO interest in this shit AT ALL!!:no:

Fine. If you want an easy way to beat all three games, I will give you a spamming one for you to use for each game. Be warned, though, some of the fun will be lost by playing cheaply.

MK1- Use Sonya with an powerful combo--jump kick then follow up with a leg grab. When you reach Goro, switch to Sub-Zero. After your first jump kick, quickly freeze then uppercut, repeating until you beat him. On Shang, use Sub-Zero, freezing with uppercuts.

MK2-Use Mr. Cage. The computer is a sucker for nutpunches. When any of the ninjas or Liu Kang try to kick you, your nut put will connect from an impossible distance. After you nutpunch, uppercut or a gym kick then a shadow kick (the computer never blocks after they are nutpunched). On Mileena, you have to get the timing and distance right for you to jump towards her. If you do it right, when she jumps back and throws her sais, you will hit her first. Repeat until you win. On Kitana, use your shadow kick. On Kintaro, simply jump kick him. You want to jump towards him but don't press the kick button to early. If you do, he will uppercut you. Jump deep and kick him until you win. On Kahn, just press the low kick button while you stand there. Kahn will walk into your kick if you time it right. When Kahn taunts you, simply shadow kick him.

MK3- Use Smoke. When the computer attacks, teleport punch, spear, then do a 5-hit combo. On Motaro, use jump kicks, uppercuts, and your 5-hit combo. If you can't beat Kahn with Smoke, then use Sub-Zero. Freeze Kahn quickly after you uppercut him (he can't block when he is getting off the ground.

I was able to beat all three games in one sitting, as my trophy times prove.

• 3 weeks later...
Fine. If you want an easy way to beat all three games, I will give you a spamming one for you to use for each game. Be warned, though, some of the fun will be lost by playing cheaply.

MK1- Use Sonya with an powerful combo--jump kick then follow up with a leg grab. When you reach Goro, switch to Sub-Zero. After your first jump kick, quickly freeze then uppercut, repeating until you beat him. On Shang, use Sub-Zero, freezing with uppercuts.

MK2-Use Mr. Cage. The computer is a sucker for nutpunches. When any of the ninjas or Liu Kang try to kick you, your nut put will connect from an impossible distance. After you nutpunch, uppercut or a gym kick then a shadow kick (the computer never blocks after they are nutpunched). On Mileena, you have to get the timing and distance right for you to jump towards her. If you do it right, when she jumps back and throws her sais, you will hit her first. Repeat until you win. On Kitana, use your shadow kick. On Kintaro, simply jump kick him. You want to jump towards him but don't press the kick button to early. If you do, he will uppercut you. Jump deep and kick him until you win. On Kahn, just press the low kick button while you stand there. Kahn will walk into your kick if you time it right. When Kahn taunts you, simply shadow kick him.

MK3- Use Smoke. When the computer attacks, teleport punch, spear, then do a 5-hit combo. On Motaro, use jump kicks, uppercuts, and your 5-hit combo. If you can't beat Kahn with Smoke, then use Sub-Zero. Freeze Kahn quickly after you uppercut him (he can't block when he is getting off the ground.

I was able to beat all three games in one sitting, as my trophy times prove.

I really only have a hard time with MK2, i'll try the nut punch tactic.

MK1 & MK3 aren't that hard to beat at all.

• 3 months later...

Dude they're not that bad.

The only one that is an actual piece of shit is MK2 and only because of Kintaro.

I fought him for 4 hours til I suckered him into a corner, froze him, and spam med punched him to death. Other then that it was just every character getting raped constantly with no hope. That is just FUCKING BULLSHIT AI. Kintaro is so fucking overpowered. If I was a kid again i'd have put my controller through the TV.

However the fuck I finished it without doing that as a kid i'll never know as back then I was scorpion religiously >_<

• 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...