Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection

MKII - Shang Tsung Flawless

K, I know alot of ya'll hae been stressing trying to beat Shang Tsung on MK2. I would have lost at least 30 times before I hit my flawless victory on him with very simple methods. Basically, when you get to Shang Tsung you will not doubt die, so change to Shang Tsung as your character.

Begin by jumping kick.

Jump back.

Keep pressing <-- <-- Square to do Fireball.

Keep spamming this and he will either duck under it or attempt to get close.

As soon as he is relatively close start doing sweeps after every fireball.

So, he will walk/jump forward, you send fireball, he is hit or blocks, you sweep if close enough.

Rinse and repeat! I got Flawless my first round and a Fatality the second doing this, he landed 2 hits which were when we exchanged fireballs.

Kintaro Strategy:

After beating Shang Tsung this guy looked like a BEAST! Couldn't get shit off on him, until I got my Double Flawless ;) mega-easy strategy! The jumping-kick crap never works, so pick Sub-Zero and begin. Immediately jump back to the corner, when Kintaro is getting close try to freeze him with down --> X. If he freezes jump over to the right side of the screen. If he blocks it also jump to the other side, then send another one. With him frozen, push him all the way to the corner, take 1 step back. Mash Square until his healths gone, I can confirm this will work everytime if he is the corner. He simply glitches in the punch animations til he dies.

Edited by ASKO813DUECE

• 2 weeks later...

I used Baraka after reading a post on GF. Basically what u do is duck and when Shang or whoever walks up do back back X and then follow up with jump kick then sweep. Very hit and miss but seems to work better than anything else. After this kintaro is easy and kahn is easy too IMO. Why is throws so powerful? Walking straight up to me and chucking my sorry carcass around even when I'm doing a move. But when I try it I just get pwned

• 3 months later...
K, I know alot of ya'll hae been stressing trying to beat Shang Tsung on MK2. I would have lost at least 30 times before I hit my flawless victory on him with very simple methods. Basically, when you get to Shang Tsung you will not doubt die, so change to Shang Tsung as your character.

Begin by jumping kick.

Jump back.

So, he will walk/jump forward, you send fireball, he is hit or blocks, you sweep if close enough.

Rinse and repeat! I got Flawless my first round and a Fatality the second doing this, he landed 2 hits which were when we exchanged fireballs.

Kintaro Strategy:

After beating Shang Tsung this guy looked like a BEAST! Couldn't get shit off on him, until I got my Double Flawless ;) mega-easy strategy! The jumping-kick crap never works, so pick Sub-Zero and begin. Immediately jump back to the corner, when Kintaro is getting close try to freeze him with down --> X. If he freezes jump over to the right side of the screen. If he blocks it also jump to the other side, then send another one. With him frozen, push him all the way to the corner, take 1 step back. Mash Square until his healths gone, I can confirm this will work everytime if he is the corner. He simply glitches in the punch animations til he dies.

Does this method work..?? I have officially Rage Quit for my first time.. (against Shang Tsung in Mk2)

• 6 months later...

Begin by jumping kick.

Jump back.

Kintaro Strategy:

Shang Tsung strategy work like a charm. Had a bit trouble with kintaro, but manage to get him on my 5th try & also got a flawless victory on the second round. Thanks for sharing this tip.

Does this method work..?? I have officially Rage Quit for my first time.. (against Shang Tsung in Mk2)

Took around 2 hours, but it does work.

Edited by IDOLO1013