Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection

R the Creators of this game F'n retards???

ok so if ur gonna create a game and u do have a diffculty setting on it the fucker better work becuz i have beatin all these on the sega genisis so many F"n times it should be this F'n hard to beat them on here unless some duche bag for got to add the setting in the damn game

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

ok so if ur gonna create a game and u do have a diffculty setting on it the fucker better work becuz i have beatin all these on the sega genisis so many F"n times it should be this F'n hard to beat them on here unless some duche bag for got to add the setting in the damn game

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Chill out bro, just search for some tips on how to beat what ever your stuck on. Btw the games have gotten harder a long time ago, they were just easy on the Genisis o.o

What is with the amount of people bitching about these games and their difficulty?

Now from someone who worked at an arcade when these games came out, let me explain. The difficulty spikes used for these games did indeed work, but in a different way.

What they did was if you set it on the easiest difficulty, then the low tier/earliest fights are pretty much going to be a cakewalk. But as you advance the difficulty will spike at different occasions. A perfect example is if you play MK1 and you fight Sub Zero and he freezes you, in the lower tier fights he will almost never throw a uppercut -- but as you advance then the more powerful attacks take aim.

And then when you change the difficulty to a higher setting, the lower tier fights become more difficult. Perhaps what I think is smart about the way Midway did the difficulty is that there is no difficulty spikes when you make it to the boss(es). You beat them on easy, they fight the same on hard -- thats something Capcom doesn't do.

But don't be blaming Midway if they decided to invoke some challenge in what was an arcade game and yes they are designed to take your money -- so learn how to play them. There's so many video guides and help clips available, so study them. Sheesh all this rampant bitching, guess what games back then were designed to challenge you as a gamer.

So learn them!!!!

I hate to break it to ya but games back in the day were pretty damn hard.

They don't hold your hand like the games of today.

It's virtually impossible to get a "Game Over" in games anymore because you you can't run out of lives and you just respawn at the nearest checkpoint.

I remember games where if you lost all your lives, you had to start the ENTIRE game over...

It's virtually impossible to get a "Game Over" in games anymore because you you can't run out of lives and you just respawn at the nearest checkpoint.

I remember games where if you lost all your lives, you had to start the ENTIRE game over...

Demon's Souls bring that old flavor of hatred back. But you start the whole level over, not the game. Still annoying enough to piss anyone off.

i have been debating on this game but judging by how hard eveyone says it is i will just continue you play my sega! hahaha even though there is no scorpion or ermac T.T

Scorpion is in mk2...

As for the...difficult to read rant, older games are made way harder than today's hold your hand checkpoint abuse "kiddy trash"...

As said it's so you pump in more koins, in home console games it was to increase game length artificially, I'm quite glad that they chose to be true and keep these games hard...though I guess when mk3 and umk3 came around they thought mk2 was too hard XD

• 2 months later...

I'm not specially good at MK or SF, but I love playing these games, and I for one am endlessly glad they went with the arcade difficulties instead of the ridiculous MegaDrive/Genesis difficulty.

I went through MK1 5 times yesterday, tried out different difficulty settings, and yes, they spike exactly like the arcade did.

I gradually got better at these games in the arcades by trial and error and watching better players on their goes, but with the easy settings on megadrive I just stagnated, even hard on Megadrive was easier than easy in arcades, no challenge = no fun = no getting better at it

Of course it can be frustrating to lose 10 times in a row, had at least 2 fits last night where I was ready to bury my controller inside the TV, just like in old days :applause: how many new games give you that wonderful frustration without it being because of glitches?

I'm not specially good at MK or SF, but I love playing these games, and I for one am endlessly glad they went with the arcade difficulties instead of the ridiculous MegaDrive/Genesis difficulty.

The arcades were hard but they were never cheap all of the time like this game is. Occasionally the Arcade would decide that it wanted to win a match and there would be nothing you could do to stop it but when you continued it was back to normal. If the arcade was as cheap and cheating like MKAK is then I would never have played it every day.

On MKAK, MK2 seems to suffer the worst from the CPU being able to defy the same laws and physics that you are bound by. It would be impossible for me to throw someone when they are attempting a sweep and I am outside their sweep distance but the CPU can do this every time to me starting from the first match. When I get knocked down I am unable to instantly jump kick but the CPU can do this. When I am already starting to throw a projectile there is nothing I can do to cancel it and launch into another offensive, but the CPU can. There are dozens more examples I can think of.

When you see that the CPU is playing with a totally different set of rules than you then it is infuriating and understandable why so many people are pissed off with this collection. The arcades were never cheap like this all of the time like MKAK is from the first match. It is pointless to even try to throw Sub Zero's projective or Scorpion's spear cuz it will be blocked or countered 100% of the time, so what is the point of it being in the game? I have never landed Sub Zero's freeze ball against the CPU in this MK2.

It's a better conversion that the impossibly difficult MKII PSN game which instantly responds to your inputs and won't let you get past match 6 (the same one they released on Shaolin Monks) but for everyone who says this is identical to the arcades then you are mistaken. The CPU was a cheap whore occasionally in the arcades, in this collection it is a cheap whore with every single move starting from the first match. If that's your idea of fun then go nuts but I would have much preferred the same AI difficultly I used to play back in the arcades.

If i wanted a challenge, then i would play on the harder difficulties and vice versa. What is the point in having a difficulty setting, that DOESN'T work. Obviously, if you were playing in the arcade, you wouldn't be able to change it. But, if i want to be able to complete the game easily, then i should be able to. I paid for it, and it should be my choice. The game difficulty is obviously glitched. If there's a new patch, they may as well remove it altogether and be done with it :mad:

This is seriously not on. I wish i'd have read these posts first, then i could've saved my money. The CPU spams worse than a cheap human player!! UMK3 run then combo spamming is really bad, an an example. I don't think i'll end up getting all the trophies. I got my first one, on MK1, as i remembered the fatalaties, when i used to play it on SNES.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I've been a gamer since the early 90s and personally I prefer the easy games of today. For me when you play a game it's to have fun, not break your controller because of some cheap bosses. The difficulty setting should be there for those who need a challenge.

When you see that the CPU is playing with a totally different set of rules than you then it is infuriating and understandable why so many people are pissed off with this collection. The arcades were never cheap like this all of the time like MKAK is from the first match. It is pointless to even try to throw Sub Zero's projective or Scorpion's spear cuz it will be blocked or countered 100% of the time, so what is the point of it being in the game? I have never landed Sub Zero's freeze ball against the CPU in this MK2.

Not only that, you have the feeling that the CPU reads your attacks and acts accordingly. Like you make a fireball and it will almost always jump over it and punish you, making it worthless, which is impossible against a human opponent who has to guess your moves. The CPU shouldn't be so constant.

I'm with you here mate, this game is just NOT fun. I spent all last night playing these "games" and finally finished them all but I didn't enjoy it one bit.

What's the point in having very easy if it doesn't work? There are different endings with each character & it takes hours to finish with one.

I appreciate all the arcade talk but I have finished the arcade games, this was clearly rushed & should be flagged as bugged.

Thank GOD I finished these games because I never have to load them up again! They put me off ever buying another mk & I used to love these games.

Creator fail!

• 5 months later...
The arcades were hard but they were never cheap all of the time like this game is. Occasionally the Arcade would decide that it wanted to win a match and there would be nothing you could do to stop it but when you continued it was back to normal. If the arcade was as cheap and cheating like MKAK is then I would never have played it every day.

On MKAK, MK2 seems to suffer the worst from the CPU being able to defy the same laws and physics that you are bound by. It would be impossible for me to throw someone when they are attempting a sweep and I am outside their sweep distance but the CPU can do this every time to me starting from the first match. When I get knocked down I am unable to instantly jump kick but the CPU can do this. When I am already starting to throw a projectile there is nothing I can do to cancel it and launch into another offensive, but the CPU can. There are dozens more examples I can think of.

It's a better conversion that the impossibly difficult MKII PSN game which instantly responds to your inputs and won't let you get past match 6 (the same one they released on Shaolin Monks) but for everyone who says this is identical to the arcades then you are mistaken. The CPU was a cheap whore occasionally in the arcades, in this collection it is a cheap whore with every single move starting from the first match. If that's your idea of fun then go nuts but I would have much preferred the same AI difficultly I used to play back in the arcades.

F****** bingo, the version of MK2 on this collection is a piece of f****** shit. Hopefully whoever helped make it dies a very slow and extremly painful f****** death. Whoever sat there and got f****** in the ass over and over for hours untill they beat it, props to you but if you are going to say it was fun, you're either lying or a retarded sack of shit.

Edited by Bounty V
too much language

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
What is with the amount of people bitching about these games and their difficulty?

Now from someone who worked at an arcade when these games came out, let me explain. The difficulty spikes used for these games did indeed work, but in a different way.

What they did was if you set it on the easiest difficulty, then the low tier/earliest fights are pretty much going to be a cakewalk. But as you advance the difficulty will spike at different occasions. A perfect example is if you play MK1 and you fight Sub Zero and he freezes you, in the lower tier fights he will almost never throw a uppercut -- but as you advance then the more powerful attacks take aim.

And then when you change the difficulty to a higher setting, the lower tier fights become more difficult. Perhaps what I think is smart about the way Midway did the difficulty is that there is no difficulty spikes when you make it to the boss(es). You beat them on easy, they fight the same on hard -- thats something Capcom doesn't do.

But don't be blaming Midway if they decided to invoke some challenge in what was an arcade game and yes they are designed to take your money -- so learn how to play them. There's so many video guides and help clips available, so study them. Sheesh all this rampant bitching, guess what games back then were designed to challenge you as a gamer.

So learn them!!!!

Hard for the sake of being hard and sucking money from the consumer isn't really great game design IMO. So glad the industry has changed somewhat and developers wisened up. No wonder arcades are not a thing anymore!

• 3 months later...

I don't get why people are running around bitching about difficulty? :think: For people who think they are 'entitled' to an easy game that holds your hand, in this case your not. You bought the arcade versions of the games. For anyone who has played the arcade versions or arcades at all in their lives, they know that well they were designed hard to get your $

Midway made no attempt to 'shaft' you here. They marketed the games as the arcade versions, which is what they are. I see no reason for the complaining as you are basically bitching about the game being released as it was marketed.

If you don't like the games or disagree with the difficulty setting, don't but them. Problem solved.

• 4 years later...

MK1 is not really hard, i never had problem finishing it

MK2 is a pain... really by far the worst, sine its the biggest collumn of fighters and ennemies defy physic as some people said. Got to cheese to beat it...

MK3 on the smaller collumn is not hard. There is an easy way to cheese Khan too with Subzero.

MK2 will definately make me curse a bit if i pick this up on the PS3 (i did it on the 360 back then) but in a way its a one time deal and thats it, its not that big of a deal...