Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection

Animalities Not Working

Did you make sure to perform a Mercy?

Taken from here

Animalities (UMK3 Only):

In order to perform an Animality you have to beat you opponent on the 3rd round (you must let your opponent win 1 round to be able to fight him/her on the 3rd round) and when the announcer "FINISH HIM/HER" perform a Mercy and defeat your opponent again When the announcer says "FINISH HIM/HER" again, perform the button combination for the character you are using.

Mercy: In order to do a Mercy you have to win on your 3rd round and when the announcer "FINISH HIM/HER" perform the following button combination: Hold Run(D,D) Release Run. If you did it right, the announcer will say "*Character Name* Shows Mercy" A Mercy gives your opponent a little bit of health back so you can defeat them again.

[quote=TheLastNinja;2092143

Taken from here

In order to do a Mercy you have to win on your 3rd round and when the announcer "FINISH HIM/HER" perform the following button combination: Hold Run(D,D) Release Run. If you did it right, the announcer will say "*Character Name* Shows Mercy" A Mercy gives your opponent a little bit of health back so you can defeat them again.

that is actually wrong, you need to press down 4 times, not just 2.

the sequences is: hold run button (identify your run botton on control settings) down, down, down, down, release run.

not completely sure about the next, but try to be at a about half screen of distance of your oponent

I have tried so many times to do nightwolf's animality. It just does not work. I can perform a mercy and then kill him again, but when I get close to do the f,f,d,d combo nothing happens. Any help would be fantastic.

i was finally able to do it--start 2player match, you win 1st round, 2plyr wins

2nd round, you win the 3rd; at "Finish Him" jump back and hold L1(run) tap down 4 times, release L1; then hit 2nd plyr one time; execute commands for animality.

With That said I CANNOT perform fatalities that require trigger/bumper buttons. Sub Zero's fatalities are impossible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The requirements to do animalities are just so extreme, how are you supposed to concentrate on the battle when you are thinking of all this stuff in your head? It took me 10 attempts just to pull off an animality with Player 2 stood still. Plus your opponent has to win a round so unless you have an animality in mind you might want to let your opponent win, then you can't use block in the final round. Then when you finally get your chance you can't screw up you button combinations (very easy to do)

I have enough trouble just getting mercy to work :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OMG !!! It takes me about 100 tryes! OMG!! I finaly did it and now i know how to perform it.

I made it with sub zero. All the point was what player need to hold block while doing his animality. How should i know? Thanks God i found some video and saw what the player holds it.

So

get 2 controllers

select sub zero for 1st

loose 1 round

win 2 round

in 3 round at last opponent hp perform :left:+:triangle:

now make a mercy hold :l1: push :down: :down: :down: :down: fast and release :l1:

run to the opponent untill u are not in the corner

hit him 1 time

hold :r2: and not rly fast make an animality :right::up::up:

• 1 month later...

i couldnt get this to work and i just did it basically what everyone said before worked

win a round

let other person win a round

in the 3rd round for the last hit uppercut the person so he will be away from you when he lands as it says finish him hold run, d d d d release run. i say uppercut because mercy wouldnt work if i did it to close

it goes into mercy mode youll have to hit the character one or 2 times

with nightwolf keep hitting f f d d if it dont work once keep hitting ffdd as hell get closer each step if your not in a good distance but i found being close worked because he turns into a wolf and chews your face

• 2 months later...
OMG !!! It takes me about 100 tryes! OMG!! I finaly did it and now i know how to perform it.

I made it with sub zero. All the point was what player need to hold block while doing his animality. How should i know? Thanks God i found some video and saw what the player holds it.

So

get 2 controllers

select sub zero for 1st

loose 1 round

win 2 round

in 3 round at last opponent hp perform :left:+:triangle:

now make a mercy hold :l1: push :down: :down: :down: :down: fast and release :l1:

run to the opponent untill u are not in the corner

hit him 1 time

hold :r2: and not rly fast make an animality :right::up::up:

perfect guide mate, i was able to make animality with this on second try! Thank you!