Misery Loves Company

Three years ago, I tried Monsters Vs. Aliens and then threw it in the closet. After picking up this "children's" game again this month, it became clear why I let it gather dust for so long.

This is not a children's game anymore than la llorona is children's bedtime story. Although it is rated E 10+ for Everyone, I cannot imagine a ten year old being able to earn half the trophies in this game. It would be hard for most ten year olds to even finish the game. Particularly when it comes to the 35 monster challenges, this game is sugar coated sadism.

B.O.B. is the worst. You have no camera controls, yet you are required to be spot on with maneuvering on grates that have little to no room for error. I went on the website of the developer, Beenox, to ask what was going through their minds when they developed this. I do not understand the mentality of making players clear horrible "platform/puzzle/combat" sections not once (campaign) but twice (Monster challenges)! Unfortunately, almost everything on Beenox's website was in French; the studio is headquarted in Quebec. Perhaps there is a translation feature on the site, but I could not locate it.

Considering the majority of their sales are to English-speaking countries, wouldn't it make business sense to have a site in the language of their customers? Nothing against French, it's just difficult to get figure out how to contact the right department.

Beenox also made many of the Spider-Man titles (Shattered Dimensions). Just an FYI for any other trophy hunters looking to avoid needless headaches.

If you have not begun this merciless, miserable title, stay away. Monsters vs. Aliens is not a game to be played but a nightmare to be avoided.

Edited by poetic_justice_

• 7 months later...
Three years ago, I tried Monsters Vs. Aliens

[snip]

If you have not begun this merciless, miserable title, stay away. Monsters vs. Aliens is not a game to be played but a nightmare to be avoided.

I see you got the plat, nevertheless.

I just picked up this again after leaving it for over a year. The dying/quitting/reloading is the worst about this game, when going for the plat. Especially as you say when Bob dies so easily.

• 1 year later...