General Trophy Discussion

olsen77

• 2 months later...

Ok, this might seem really dumb, but has anyone found the "Monster World Welcomes You" trophy? It involves reading the "Welcome to Monster World" sign. The question is, where the hell is the sign?? It's usually one of the first things you'll see in any game of this series, but I'm not seeing the sign anywhere..

Edit: Azgard - I just cleared the game, and got all but two trophies with relative ease. The only ones that were trouble were the one mentioned above (which I hope turns out to be a stupid oversight on my part), and the Every Last Drop trophy. The latter is quite the challenge, as there are 150 individual life drops, and the dungeons can't be re-accessed once beaten from what I could tell.

Edited by goldsac

Ok, this might seem really dumb, but has anyone found the "Monster World Welcomes You" trophy? It involves reading the "Welcome to Monster World" sign. The question is, where the hell is the sign?? It's usually one of the first things you'll see in any game of this series, but I'm not seeing the sign anywhere..

You get it from an NPC. Once the final dungeon is unlocked go talk to the NPC in Rapadagna who kept forgetting his line (he's standing outside the tall building two screens east of the fountain).

You get it from an NPC. Once the final dungeon is unlocked go talk to the NPC in Rapadagna who kept forgetting his line (he's standing outside the tall building two screens east of the fountain).

Nice find!

I feel a bit better now, that was fairly well hidden. Good thing i had a save that made it easy to get back to.

Sigh. Go figure the sign would be towards the end. And I dunno about anyone else, but did anyone manage to get the soul in the Volcano stage. It was during the bit with all the falling fire rocks from the wall and you had to glide to the left to get it. I haven't gotten that one. And im curious if you have to get all the souls in one game or if you can just start a new game grab any you missed and get the trophy.

My last question is wheres the pyramid that you wash your face off with?

Damn, I also haven't found that sign yet. But this is a really good game. If you like old school 16-bit era games then I really think you would enjoy it.

Here is a link to a website to help find the life drops.

Monster World IV/Life Drops

according to the list there should be 20 in the first city,i only found 19 : \

Just got all trophies for this game, and what a great game it is!:dance:

After beating the game and watching the credits and stuff, I started up the game again (because I hadn't gotten the "be a bit more careful" trophy), and somewhere around that time I got the "refreshment" trophy. Or maybe it was during the credits scene.

Can anyone else confirm that this is where you get that trophy?? I didn't literally do any face washing...

I am also wondering about the refreshment trophy.

I know there is a spring at the pyramids, but Asha only checks it out. I guess ou should be able to trigger some event to dirty her face or something in order for her to use it. Haven't figured it out yet though...

BTW, the Lifedrop trophy would be so easy to achieve if Sega hadn't fixed the bug in the beginning, where you can make infinite treasure chests of lifedrops appear.

Just got all trophies for this game, and what a great game it is!:dance:

After beating the game and watching the credits and stuff, I started up the game again (because I hadn't gotten the "be a bit more careful" trophy), and somewhere around that time I got the "refreshment" trophy. Or maybe it was during the credits scene.

Can anyone else confirm that this is where you get that trophy?? I didn't literally do any face washing...

Yeah, that's how I got it too. It popped up after I started a new game, right when Asha is standing on the cliff and hears the spirits. Seems to be kind of a glitch?

But yeah, no need to dirty your face or anything...just inspecting the spring at the pyramid is enough. Why it pops so late, I have no idea...

Meh... just finished the game... and no refreshment trophy. And sure as hell I did look at the spring several times, trying to figure out what to do.

I got my MW IV rom the German PSN store, so there may be specific problem with that version.

Although the fact that the trophy unlocked for you guys after finishing seems like a glitch too, at least it's better than not getting the trophy at all.

Missed 17 lifedrops btw, and here I thought I had searched thorougly.^^

Meh... just finished the game... and no refreshment trophy. And sure as hell I did look at the spring several times, trying to figure out what to do.

I got my MW IV rom the German PSN store, so there may be specific problem with that version.

Although the fact that the trophy unlocked for you guys after finishing seems like a glitch too, at least it's better than not getting the trophy at all.

Missed 17 lifedrops btw, and here I thought I had searched thorougly.^^

Did you start a new game after? That's when mine popped up. But yeah, no matter what this is, it's definitely a glitch. :/

I just got the Refreshment trophy by getting one of the questions wrong and then checking the spring, getting a question wrong makes your face dirty.

That could be it, since I got one of the questions wrong, myself. But all that happened is that the floor disappeared and I fell on a frozen cactus thing. There was no indication that my face was dirty. Although maybe that's it, since we got the trophy, and some didn't. (I checked the spring so many damn times, I'm guessing maybe there's a specific time when you have to to trigger the trophy)

I just got the Refreshment trophy by getting one of the questions wrong and then checking the spring, getting a question wrong makes your face dirty.

You're right, that was the solution!

I kept a savestate in the first ice pyramid, so I only had to replay about 30 minutes to get to the questions.

Get a question wrong, fall on the ice spikes and then check the spring. A message appears like "Asha washes her face in the cool water of the spring" or something and the trophy unlocked immediately for me.

It is still akward that there is no animation for Asha getting dirty or anything. She just looks like always. There is an animation of her washing her face though, although it might just be the "payer" animation.

Usually Sega's games of that era had really a lot of animations, so it puzzles me they would not have one for her dirty face. Or maybe there is one, but the animation does not play in the port... it's been too long since I played the Mega Drive original version for me to be sure.

Anyway, I am glad that is solved. :)

Now I'll play again to get all life drops.

I'm a Mega Drive fan since 1991, so having Sega finally put some effort into their rereleases and actually doing this translation is great for me. I really hope that MWIV has success, it's a great game and deserves it. Maybe we will see some more brand new translated MD games then. :)

Or maybe, after all these years... finally a Monster World V. Would be awesome!

Ok, I'm there now, I went to the Sky Castle, and then warped back, and talked to him, and he's still forgetting. Am I doing something wrong here?

Ok, I'm there now, I went to the Sky Castle, and then warped back, and talked to him, and he's still forgetting. Am I doing something wrong here?

The final dungeon is the one that unlocks after beating Sky Castle, going back to the palace and fighting the queen, then having the dungeon under the castle unlock.

Just use the genie to return to town after entering the dungeon and then talk to the guy.

On a side note, they really should have had some trophy for getting all the legendary items, which are able to be bought after passing the last life drop underground.

The final dungeon is the one that unlocks after beating Sky Castle, going back to the palace and fighting the queen, then having the dungeon under the castle unlock.

Just use the genie to return to town after entering the dungeon and then talk to the guy.

On a side note, they really should have had some trophy for getting all the legendary items, which are able to be bought after passing the last life drop underground.

Oohh. Ok. Sky Castle felt..."last-dungeony" to me. Thanks!

Anybody know of a good spot to get the Such Agility trophy?

I got the refreshment trophy but I never washed my face anywhere, I started the game up let the title screen run and then the demo started and I heard the trophy pop noise.