Save/Load & Trophy Unlock Glitch

JaySpray

Narrowed down my issues with trophies not being awarded upon requirement completion. Basically if you're spamming dice rolls and fast-forwards (X button and O Button after) it will infinitely save your game.

You'll notice the little disc in the bottom corner spin forever, once this happens your game is glitched and you must Quit the game to XMB and reboot it. I've been able to reproduce this 5/5 times now easily.

Going to try playing with auto-animations to see if that helps or makes the problems worse.

- Also happened doing that too :( not sure what's triggering it to be honest, seems to happen more frequent when after 25-30+ rolls for me.

Edited by JaySpray

Had this happen today when boosting online wins. When the 'saving' disc icon was stuck there I just quit back to the XMB and restarted the game. The win I got when it glitched didn't count, but when I won for the 11th time (10th that counted), the trophy still popped fine. The guy I was boosting with had exactly the same thing and his trophy unlocked OK too.

yeah, i'm guessing that's why the hotel one didn't work for me...though i ended up getting a different trophy...

i had been playing this save when i got the glitch last night. so i restarted the save today and did the one where you have to use all the hotels in the game and i did it but never got the trophy. i did get the one for the over 9k in value but not the hotels one. so now i gotta grind it again.

• 2 weeks later...

This game is brutal. I wasn't having any trouble with the trophies glitching until I downloaded patch 1.01. (I did so because I was sure I needed it for online - can't confirm).

The stupid spinning glitch happened to me and I had to get the 10 online wins all over again after deleting my save file.....

I then got glitched on the hard AI trophy offline and had to delete my save file again....

I also deleted that dumbass patch and got the trophy to pop the next game without problem.

So if anyone gets glitched you have to delete your save file. I would recommend deleting the patch as well if you can get away with it.

If you also notice that the auto-save disk is continually spinning, quit to the XMB as soon as you can to try to prevent the glitch.

• 2 weeks later...

I missed out on several Trophies due to this glitch. When I reloaded my save file, the game I'd had in progress was way back on turn 88, and I ended WELL past 100. Interesting how the glitch prevents the game from accessing the hard drive for anything at all, including Trophies...

I've formulated a theory on what causes it: Moving through one turn so quickly that the next one starts before the autosave is completed. That would result in the game trying to start a save while it's already saving, confusing it and resulting in no save occuring at all. So the simple way to avoid it is to make sure the autosave finishes BEFORE you start the next turn!

I did earn a few more Trophies by moving on from my existing file, so you do NOT need to delete your file in order to get them. Since the game wasn't saving at all, it didn't save the fact that you'd passed the conditions, meaning you can still do so by continuing from where it left off!