Rate the trophy difficulty...  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_3.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 2.76

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how to vote on this one. By far and away, the majority of the trophies - i.e. 94% - are ridiculously easy and can be earned in just a few hours plus some online play. So the game plays like a "1".

But there are 3 trophies that are a ridiculous pain:

• Needs A New Challenge -- for beating 3 "Hard A.I." players
  • Rolled a 15 -- for rolling a 6, 6 & 3.
  • Glad Its Not My Bill -- getting another player to roll a 6, 6 and a Mr. Monopoly to land on your Electric/Water department

These three are SHEER LUCK. The do-able one of the three is Needs A New Challenge, but virtually everytime you play against the A.I., this happens: you'll be leading, two of the A.I. makes a trade that puts one of them ahead on $$$ and then a third A.I. will crap out and go Bankrupt on the next turn -- leaving you with a 2nd or 3rd place finish EVERY TIME.

It's borderline bullsh*t. Like I said, most of the trophies are as simple to get as can be and the game can be rated as a "1" if you are VERY lucky (and have a good online boosting partner). If you aren't lucky at all (like me, apparently) you can rate this as an "5" or a "7" because those 3 trophies are PURE luck.

This is one game that'll piss you off, so be ready for that. :D

Edited by Old_Snoova

I'm going to rank this a 3.

As OldSnoova pointed out there are a handful of annoying luck based trophies that you really can't do much about until the dice hits them. Also I had some problems connecting to my online boosting partner more times than not. Must be simply because of the EA servers. The majority of the trophies are ridiculously easy to attain.

I rate this game a 2.

The hardest part for the platinum is finding a partner to get the online trophiies. You and a boosting partner can get all online trophies in under two hours. Winning 10 times in a row online legitimately would probably take a long time.

All offline trophies you can get yourself just using a second controller if you want cut down your total game played time.

I did experience a glitch with the "Subdivision" trophy (Player has built 500 houses). This was my last trophy for platinum. The number of houses you have built is kept track of on your profile, I was over 600+ houses built and the trophy didnt unlock. I deleted the saved game data, then started a new game and built 500 houses in one game (took about one hour). The trophy unlocked and the platinum popped.

There isn't too much grinding in this game, overall I found it enjoyable to play.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Like mentioned b4, this game would be a 2-3 if it wasnt for the two trophies

# Rolled a 15 -- for rolling a 6, 6 & 3.

# Glad Its Not My Bill -- getting another player to roll a 6, 6 and a Mr. Monopoly to land on your Electric/Water department

Now if you look at the statistics, odds of rolling these is 1/6 x 1/6 x 1/6 which is 1/216 of rolling one of these and u need to do it twice.

So say on average a turn takes 30 secs. its gona take 6480 secs, thats 108 mins to get 1 trophy, to get both thats over 3 1/2 hours are pressing x and o over and over and over again.......

Is it really worth the boardem? I fink you have to be really lucky or a real loser to own this platinum....

for Glad its not my bill set up 2 player game on Speed Die with hand out all properties at start. then as long as you have 1 utility mortgage all other properties for both players. Every time player 2 gets Mr Monopoly they go straight to utlity and pay £120 as long as it is over 12 spaces away. simples.

• 2 weeks later...

3/10

Most of the Trophies are real easy and will ping up in no time, A few are a bit grinding and may take a bit of time. If you follow the guides on here you'll be fine. - Only other problem is glitches If the rotating disk in the bottom corner doe's not disapear you need to start over.

3/10

Most of the Trophies are real easy and will ping up in no time, A few are a bit grinding and may take a bit of time. If you follow the guides on here you'll be fine. - Only other problem is glitches If the rotating disk in the bottom corner doe's not disapear you need to start over.

This right here, and the two trophies I had the trouble with: Rolling a 15 and Glad it's not my Bill. Other than that, its a pretty straight forward platinum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Gave this a 3. The offline trophies & online trophies are easy and flow by quickly with the exception of Roll a 15, Needs a new Challenge and Glad its not my bill trophies.

Roll a 15 trophy is luck based and took me 131 rounds (262 turns) to finally get it. Glad its not my bill trophy is another annoying luck based trophy but thankfully its manageable and easier to get by simply reloading the save if you don't get a 12.

I didn't have any problems getting Lucky Three trophy but I got annoyed with Hotel Maximus because you have to raise $8500 in cash to buy all the hotels and it takes a while to get there especially if you lose money by paying taxes.

Needs a new Challenge is doable but not easy because there are times where the AI somehow manages to avoid landing on your property & paying rent by having luck with the dice. If you have patience, you'll eventually beat the 3 AI.

Overall, game is platinumable within a week with some luck and its very fun to play.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess, there's no real difficulty here, just a LOT of luck. Fortunately, for me, I was very lucky. I unlocked the first trophy at 6:58PM and the platinum at 1:43AM. And I even took an hour and a half break in there. :eek:

Nevertheless, I'm on the fence at to how luck should factor into my rating. If you're really, really unlucky this game could take a long time to grind out and could be very frustrating. In the end, I decide to vote this a three.

Voted a 2. This is a hard game to vote. One one hand, its the easiest platinum I've ever obtained but on the other, its still frustrating. Now, without factoring luck in this game is a 1. No trophy is hard whatsoever but you have to get lucky. Now the only reason I'm giving this a 2 is because you need patience to do this.

I rarely give games a 1 unless they have all of these criteria:

A. Extremely easy

B. No frustration

C. No luck based trophies.

This being said, out of 85 platinums, the only 1 I've ever given is Dante's Inferno and that includes Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs.

Monopoly is one the easiest platinums I've ever achieved but its frustration level brings it to a 2.