Monkey Island 2 Easter Eggs...

I figured this would be a fun thread for people to share easter eggs that the stumble across in MI2.

1- Grim Fandango's picture has been added to the Mansion on Phatt Island.

2- Indiana Jones' whip can be found in the antique shop on Booty Island.

3- In the Costume Shop on Booty Island you can see a Fred Flintstone costume under the stairs.

There are plenty more, but these were some that made me laugh when I saw them.

I figured this would be a fun thread for people to share easter eggs that the stumble across in MI2.

1- Grim Fandango's picture has been added to the Mansion on Phatt Island.

2- Indiana Jones' whip can be found in the antique shop on Booty Island.

3- In the Costume Shop on Booty Island you can see a Fred Flintstone costume under the stairs.

There are plenty more, but these were some that made me laugh when I saw them.

Did you notice they took out "I hope it's a Nintendo cartridge" line and replaced it? Probably showing my age, but I always found that line pretty funny for some reason. :D

When calling the Lucasarts line, it's two different people in classic and modern viewing. Makes no sense to me.. the classic sounds better.

So many Easter Eggs/references in this game!

The two characters you speak to at the begining are called Bart and Fink, a reference to Barton Fink the film.

The possible choices of address for your library card are all of famous landmarks belonging to Wrigley Field, the home of the British PM and US President and the home of Sherlock Holmes.

If you read the book "Famous Pirate Quotations" one of them is "happiness is a warm manatee" which is a reference to the Beatles song "happines is a warm gun"

Elaine Marley quotes the famous Casablance "Of all the bars..." quote.

Indiana Jones references:

You charter Kate Capsize's ship, Kate Capshaw starred in The Temple of Doom.

If you look in the card catalogue under A for Archaeology there is a book called "X never marks the spot" which is written by I. Jones.

[spoiler=1]Guybrush swaps books with "Famous Pirate Quotations" of Governor Phatt's belly in the same manner Indiana Jones acquires the Idol in Raiders of the lost Ark.

[spoiler=2]Guybrush says he hates snakes when inside of the crate bound for LeChuck's fortress.

[spoiler=3]Indiana Jones theme music plays on Dinky Island when swinging across to get the treasure chest.

[spoiler=4]In order to obtain the map in the cottage at Phatt Island you must place the telescope on the grotesque statue and have the mirror in the mirror frame so the sunlight can beam off the telescope and then the mirror to show you the brick to push, this is a reference to Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Star Wars references

[spoiler=5]Voodoo lady feels a disturbence in "the force" when Wally is kidnapped.

[spoiler=6]Governor Phatt turns you over to LeChuck in the same manner that Lando turns over Han Solo to Darth Vader, Guybrush also says "Whatever LuChuck is paying you I'll pay double" Han Solo makes the same plea.

[spoiler=7]LeChuck saying "I am your brother" and asking Guybrush to take off his mask are obvious references, the "I am your brother" sequence is almost identical in speech.

The Secret of Monkey Island references

Busted down grog vending machine.

When gambling you can win a free vacation to Hook Island or a trip to the Linguini brothers circus, both references to the first game.

[spoiler=8]When underground on Dinky Island you can take an elevator which takes you to the alley from the first game where you encounter Fester Shinetop

The head of the navigator from the first game is the navigator Captain Dread tells you about and he informs you of encountering some cannibals on an island, the same cannibals you meet in the first game.

One of the costumes in the costume shop is called Melee Monkey, a reference to Mêlée Island and Monkey Island.

Largo LaGrande(I think) refers to you as "fancy pants" the same thing the shopkeeper says to you in the first game.

You can tell the Men of Low Moral Fiber you were the guy they sold PTA meeting minutes to.

If you put down your name as Herman Toothrot for the library card you can only check out 3 books, in the first game Herman says he has an overdue book at the library. If you also put down your occupation as "Consultant" the bartender says you look like a flooring inspector, the lookout in the first game says the same thing to you.

There are heaps more but I can't remember any more off the top of my head.

In the costume shop on Booty Island, over to the far right in the foreground, is the Purple tentacle from Day of the Tentacle. If you switch to the classic game it is Max from Sam and Max Hit the Road.
It was?! Now I have to go back there and see Max.

Why the hell would they replace Max with some stupid purple tentacle, though? Max is awesome.

• 3 weeks later...