Things you wanna see in Modnation racers 2

Tranquilbez

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The weapons are mostly annoying and not avoidable. The tracks, well we just need a lot more tracks. I played the XP races for a while the last few days and I'm sick of them already. I wonder why custom ones can't be mixed in.

For those of you that say the racing isn't any good; have you found the drift button?
The drift button doesn't fix the AI. The drift button doesn't make the cheap weapon levels play fair. The drift button doesn't fix the lack of proper "you're off the track let me respawn you" detection. The drift button doesn't fix the small number of tracks for XP races. The drift button doesn't fix invisible walls on ramps stopping me from jumping them (I wish I had been recording during that race, would've made a great video of me trying to go over this ramp but I keep hitting nothing and stopping).

I wish the drift button was a "make the game better" button, but sadly all it really does is let you drift.

Yeah, a sequel would be a travesty unless they actually got it right... which would be literally nothing like the first game. You want to see a more balanced racing game? Check out Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing. That was the most fun racing game I've played to date, far superior to games like Wipeout (elite racers will disagree, of course) and Modnation Racers. Now, I don't play a lot of racing games so I'm sure there are other good ones out there too.

As many other people on here have already said, I really hope there is not a sequel. United Front Games took a step in the right direction when they fixed the XP in the game, and also added a "Casual" difficulty option to the very unfair, unbalanced Single Player races. (Which I have yet to try to see if it's any easier lol). I think UFG just needs to work on this game to make it the best experience possible. Unless they can pull a MM and make the sequel loads better (See LittleBigPlanet 2) then Modnation Racers 2 can wait until PS4.

As many other people on here have already said, I really hope there is not a sequel. United Front Games took a step in the right direction when they fixed the XP in the game, and also added a "Casual" difficulty option to the very unfair, unbalanced Single Player races. (Which I have yet to try to see if it's any easier lol). I think UFG just needs to work on this game to make it the best experience possible. Unless they can pull a MM and make the sequel loads better (See LittleBigPlanet 2) then Modnation Racers 2 can wait until PS4.

Just to let you know there isn't any difference from the casual to whatever it was before, it was just a huge fucking joke.

Oh come on, the difficulty isn't THAT bad. I didn't know you could change it and I left it on default. Just finished all the races, 1st place too, without even needing to drift. I don't like that feature if anything.

I'd play a sequel if one comes around. Load times, extra tracks, maybe more defensive options, just a few small things should be fixed.

Oh come on, the difficulty isn't THAT bad. I didn't know you could change it and I left it on default. Just finished all the races, 1st place too, without even needing to drift. I don't like that feature if anything.

I'd play a sequel if one comes around. Load times, extra tracks, maybe more defensive options, just a few small things should be fixed.

Sorry man but I think you're exaggerating to the extreme. If you claim you won without even drifting... Nope. Sorry. Video or it didn't happen.

Also once the patch came out, the default setting is the easier one, so the only change you could have made was to make it harder, not easier, so don't act like you played it on hard because guess what, you did it on easy. Well if you did it at all because I really can't believe you won anything but a ticket to 12th place without drifting.

Like mjc said you cannot win a race without drifting... and i think were both looking forward to that video. :cool:

Sorry man but I think you're exaggerating to the extreme. If you claim you won without even drifting... Nope. Sorry. Video or it didn't happen.

Also once the patch came out, the default setting is the easier one, so the only change you could have made was to make it harder, not easier, so don't act like you played it on hard because guess what, you did it on easy. Well if you did it at all because I really can't believe you won anything but a ticket to 12th place without drifting.

Check my stats in the game. I have the 'all first's' trophy and will have the lap times and medals tonight. Best drift - 0. Lol. Although the first car I made I did mess around with drift a little before deciding it wasn't worth it. See, people mistake this as a rule and not an option, where smart racing, shortcuts, and efficient boost use is a better plan. But hey whatever you wanna do.

What patch? I only started it a week ago so I don't know if it was better or worse before. I never changed the difficulty (didn't know I could, usually that's found at the start of the game). But from the posts here people are complaining about the difficulty and according to you they can only make it harder. So who's right?