XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 02-28-2012, 03:27 AM   #11
RPGHope18

Nevermind on the question I got the trophy done over the weekend so don't have to worry about it anymore, thank god!
RPGHope18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #12
gho

This hot lap trophy is driving me nuts. How come people are so good at this game? They beat my best time with 10 - 15 sec. Im not the best player in the world but 15 sec is huge difference. Seriously who are you people? I have wipeout plat in my collection but Modnation racer is way harder...

gho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:27 AM   #13
Totavier

Quote:
Originally Posted by gho View Post
This hot lap trophy is driving me nuts. How come people are so good at this game? They beat my best time with 10 - 15 sec. Im not the best player in the world but 15 sec is huge difference. Seriously who are you people? I have wipeout plat in my collection but Modnation racer is way harder...

Yep the game is indeed hard because require skills (and luck) but i can share some tips for Hot Lap (and trust me this works, i got the 10% all the time when i race a Hot Lap track)

1- Set your Driving style: press R1 and go to the wheel icon, put Acceleration +1 and Driffing +1

2- Meet the track: the best way is complete the 1st lap, exit and see the ghost leader for discover the better route and shorcuts (Note: doesn't work if the track was glitched)

3- Starting the best lap: after meeting the track, we shall prepare for set the best time!, first for all earn a lot of turbo and use it while you are driffing (you will earn velocity and turbo at the same time) after getting a lot of velocity, keep them until the finish line and now the thing start to be interesting...

4- Best lap time: keep driffing and using turbo (and of course earning turbo) and don't press the brake (if is necessary) but principally DON'T crash to the walls!, you'll lost a lot of velocity and maybe mees up your time, keep the fast velocity until the finish line and set your time

5- Time difference and how i know that i'll be in the top 10% board tomorrow?: Simple get at least less than 5 seconds of difference with the Hot Lap leader's ghost, and yes "5 SECONDS", if you get like 6, 7 or maybe 8 seconds of difference you must be lucky in be in the 10% (sometimes i got like 6 or 6.5 seconds of difference and i didn't entry in the top 10%)

6- Better Days for Hot Lap: i highly recommend in do it in weekends, why?, because there are more people playing and set their records on Hot Lap (and yes: more people = more chance in be in the 10% board since the time difference are more, like 6 or 7 seconds of difference with the leader's ghost)

Also sometimes there are Hot Lap tracks that are very easy to play it, check it every day until find the best track for your skills

Well hope this help, i didn't know that there was people that found this trophy hard but beleive me is not, just need a little of practice and time

Last edited by Totavier; 03-29-2012 at 05:32 AM.
Totavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:24 AM   #14
LambzGoHard

have took a lil break from Modnation, i need this trophy and have tried so much, might give it a spin tonight!
Old 04-15-2012, 11:17 PM   #15
Wootywootman

If all else fails just create 100 different Psn accounts and do the hot lap with crappy times on each one.
Wootywootman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:32 AM   #16
a3069namebke

Send a message via Skype™ to a3069namebke

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

How do people get 5 second lap times?

I need that lol!

Please Download my Modnation Vita Creations- D4D
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
a3069namebke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:13 AM   #17
Dreadnought190

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

how i got this trophy was basically practice a certain race track over and over. like 30 laps lol. this was without that +2 speed option. just race and race and try to shave off your best time. try different paths and memorise the speed boosts and things like that. good luck guys. the one i did was like a snow level. like a ski resort or something lol.

trophy goal: 70%+ completion by 2015
Dreadnought190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:10 AM   #18
Wootywootman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totavier View Post

5- Time difference and how i know that i'll be in the top 10% board tomorrow?: Simple get at least less than 5 seconds of difference with the Hot Lap leader's ghost, and yes "5 SECONDS", if you get like 6, 7 or maybe 8 seconds of difference you must be lucky in be in the 10% (sometimes i got like 6 or 6.5 seconds of difference and i didn't entry in the top 10%)

Well hope this help, i didn't know that there was people that found this trophy hard but beleive me is not, just need a little of practice and time

I'm currently below 5 seconds from the Leader. I hope you're right about the 5 seconds thing!

Also, how do you check the standings? I can only get the top 3.
Wootywootman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:09 AM   #19
a3069namebke

Send a message via Skype™ to a3069namebke

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze

How many play hot lap a day? The community looks active. I want a relative position position I need to gun for if I am going for this.

Please Download my Modnation Vita Creations- D4D
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
a3069namebke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:52 AM   #20
SublimeKing

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootywootman View Post
Also, how do you check the standings?
https://community.modnation.com/en-u...rboards/hotlap