Thinking about purchasing the game.. but...

All PS3 games are region free but the Japanese version will likely be in Japanese only so I'd get the Asian release.

EDIT: According to Play-asia.com, both are in Japanese but the odds are the Asian release will have English Subtitles.

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

Ya the Japanese and Asian versions are basically identical. I have the Asian version btw. Only thing is if you plan to buy DLC you can only buy it on each respected PSN (Japanese or Hong Kong) Play-Asia is probably your best bet, but you can check Amazon and eBay too. With shipping and/or tax it could be cheaper to buy it from a North American seller.

Ya the Japanese and Asian versions are basically identical. I have the Asian version btw. Only thing is if you plan to buy DLC you can only buy it on each respected PSN (Japanese or Hong Kong) Play-Asia is probably your best bet, but you can check Amazon and eBay too. With shipping and/or tax it could be cheaper to buy it from a North American seller.

Ah thank you. Just ordered it. I notice there is Exia Repair? Is that a skin of some sort you can put on Exia? Or is it when you get damaged/destroyed you come up with Exia Repair?

As far as I know that's an AI unit only and you can't play as it. Like the Ball, you fight against them as AI but they aren't playable. Barring any DLC announcement of course....lol.

but in this

(at 10:59) vid.. it appears that you are playing as Exia Repair?:confused: and what is that new Gundam at 10:02?

edit: found something interesting on the gamefaq's FAQ/Movelist.

Gundam Exia Repair:

- When your cost gauge is at 2000 or below, and when Exia's HP hits 0, Exia

will revive with 100HP, this will activate once per match.

- After being revived, Exia will NOT be able to shield guard.

- After being revived, the following changes will take place:

- Main weapon damage reduced.

- All melee damage reduced.

- Since GN Sword is broken, Exia's melee range is shortened.

- ac and ac replaced with GN Sword Thrust.

- nb, 4/6b changed.

- All originations that uses the GN Beam Saber and GN Blades are lost.

So does that mean that will activate when you respawn with less than 2000 cost gauge?

Edited by Razorwing

Ahh my bad bro. I guess that shows how much I've played as Exia lol. The few times I have played as Exia that hasn't happened so I really wouldn't have known.

And that sounds like the what the requirements are for you to respawn as Exia Repair. Have to try it out and see if it works.

Edited by SchumiF1

Ahh my bad bro. I guess that shows how much I've played as Exia lol. The few times I have played as Exia that hasn't happened so I really wouldn't have known.

And that sounds like the what the requirements are for you to respawn as Exia Repair. Have to try it out and see if it works.

It's all good man. I don't even have the game yet. haha.. Let me know if you find out. I really want to use it when I start playing. So any idea on what that Gundam is at 10:02 in the video?

Ok I got to play as Exia Repair, it basically acts like a last stand, if you die as Exia and that would normally end the match, you'll respawn as Exia Repair with 100 armor.

That is the Extreme Gundam at 10:02 in that video, it's the final boss in the Arcade and Trial Mission portions of the game.

Ok I got to play as Exia Repair, it basically acts like a last stand, if you die as Exia and that would normally end the match, you'll respawn as Exia Repair with 100 armor.

That is the Extreme Gundam at 10:02 in that video, it's the final boss in the Arcade and Trial Mission portions of the game.

Ah ok. Cool, thanks. Too bad you can't just use Exia Repair as it's own. heh. I'd want to be like Setsuna using it destroying everything with a terminator-esque Gundam. :\ Wish there was a Model for Extreme Gundam. That thing looks just bad-ass. :eek:

Edited by Razorwing

Well it isn't out of the realm of possibility of getting an Extreme Gundam model kit. From the Dynasty Warrior Gundam games they released model kits of the Musha Gundams which originally came from the DWG games. So I guess if Bandai see a demand or opportunity to profit from it don't be surprised if they make one. :D

Well it isn't out of the realm of possibility of getting an Extreme Gundam model kit. From the Dynasty Warrior Gundam games they released model kits of the Musha Gundams which originally came from the DWG games. So I guess if Bandai see a demand or opportunity to profit from it don't be surprised if they make one. :D

Yeah but those were very limited I believe? also, do you know if we can play as the Extreme Gundam when we finish the game?

Edited by Razorwing

Sometimes I takes them a bit to ship the game. I ordered mine it said "in stock- ship within 24 hours" And it took them over a week to send it out. Granted this was prior to xmas so that rush madness probably held things up. But when it shipped I got it next or 2nd day or something crazy. And I'm on US east coast. Fedex shipping ftw!

Yea I always got the cheapest shipping. But I learned the hard way 2 xmas's ago when I got the cheapest shipping and it took almost 2 months to arrive at my house. So I said screw it and got the $18 Fedex this time, plus I really wanted to play the game asap lol.

lol. Well it still hasn't arrived yet. So I have never played this type of game before. So do I unlock suits as I go along in the main story mode? Or do I have them unlocked as soon as I put in the game? Also, I'm confused about the numbers on the side. Do I need certain amount of money/cash to unlock the suits? And how do I get the money?

Nope all the suits are free to play right away. And the numbers associated with each suit is the cost or value. For example you're using a 2000 point suit, every time you are destroyed 2000 points are taken from your teams overall points. And once you run out of points your team loses. The higher the suit cost the better the suit is (usually) but some people can do amazing with a 1000 point suit.

And the "money" portion of the game is for trial mode and you spend it on upgrading your suits melee, shot power, boost, hp and a few other things. And you have to upgrade each suit individually. I would recommend just playing for fun and trying to figure out the game style and finding suits you like.

Setsuna does a good job explaining a lot of stuff in the trophy guide.

• 2 weeks later...
Nope all the suits are free to play right away. And the numbers associated with each suit is the cost or value. For example you're using a 2000 point suit, every time you are destroyed 2000 points are taken from your teams overall points. And once you run out of points your team loses. The higher the suit cost the better the suit is (usually) but some people can do amazing with a 1000 point suit.

And the "money" portion of the game is for trial mode and you spend it on upgrading your suits melee, shot power, boost, hp and a few other things. And you have to upgrade each suit individually. I would recommend just playing for fun and trying to figure out the game style and finding suits you like.

Setsuna does a good job explaining a lot of stuff in the trophy guide.

ah ok. Cool thanks man. My copy still hasn't arrived yet. :mad: Should've paid a bit more to get here faster. So about DLC's.. how do I purchase them ? I have a Japanese PSN account (it's a dummy account so I can download the HI-NU for free). I heard I need some sort of PSN card or something for Japanase accounts to buy points?