Is there a button for block?

I know that this is the Ps3 version and to block you have to press Down and then Up. I think that's a little too much effort just to block. When i was configuring my controls everything is in Japanese. so i was wonder does anyone know out of all of the options in this game's controller configuration is there an option were i can make one of my button block? If not that suck sucks because that's probably my only problem with this game is that when i see an incoming attack i have to actually but in a to button combination just to defend myself. I mean look at this guy he is defending himself like a pro but idk if he's using an arcade stick...

?EXVS???????????????????F91??? ? ??????(??)

Edited by Rikuson1

I know that this is the Ps3 version and to block you have to press Down and then Up. I think that's a little too much effort just to block. When i was configuring my controls everything is in Japanese. so i was wonder does anyone know out of all of the options in this game's controller configuration is there an option were i can make one of my button block? If not that suck sucks because that's probably my only problem with this game is that when i see an incoming attack i have to actually but in a to button combination just to defend myself. I mean look at this guy he is defending himself like a pro but idk if he's using an arcade stick...

?EXVS???????????????????F91??? ? ??????(??)

Sadly i got news there is no one button for Blocking in the controller configuration option but here's a translation of the controller config options if anyone want to take a look and are not comfortable with the controls given. (well at least i wasn't comfortable with them.)

Imageshack - imageuploadorgbutton.png

I change my controls to (i played alot of Dynasty Warriors Gundam and Third Person shooters that use R1 to shoot in the Past so that's why it's kinda set up like this I honestly think my control setup is way easier to get used to for a Ps3 control layout)

Square - Melee

Triangle - Special Shoot

X - Boost

Circle - Special Melee

R1 - Shoot

R3 - Ex

R2 - Boost

L1 - Change Lock on Target

L2 - Support

Edited by Rikuson1

To block you have to press :down: then :up:, theres no way to config it to just one button sadly.

Yea i figure that out because when i see a beam heading my way that's so easy to input.. (NOT) I use my analog to move like any other Ps3 user playing a 3D game, so inputting down then up either take some time or doesn't input correctly and i still end up getting hit. i guess i just need more practice but it doesn't feel just a tad bid sloppy trying to input combos i can tell you that. (the arcade stick might not be like that because that what it was made for but imo the Ps3 controls don't feel as solid as they should feel i hope a patch or do something to me it more responsive)

I've been able to use it just fine. If you can't properly guard then that's simply a matter of skill.

One button guarding is stupid because people will just spam it until the EX Gauge fills up. The gundam VS Games are arcade fighters, same as BlazBlue, Street Fighter, etc etc. Not some generic robot shooter.

I've been able to use it just fine. If you can't properly guard then that's simply a matter of skill.

One button guarding is stupid because people will just spam it until the EX Gauge fills up. The gundam VS Games are arcade fighters, same as BlazBlue, Street Fighter, etc etc. Not some generic robot shooter.

1) You don't gain ex for guarding the only ways to gain ex is to either hit someone or get hit, so if you could block with one button you can't do what you just said.

2) One button for guarding is not stupid, two button for guarding is stupid. (i've gotten used to it now, and when you think about it there is no advantage to blocking. if someone hits you with projectiles they can just keep shooting it at you until your block time limit wastes out and your left wide open.)

3) The fact that there's a time limit to blocking and the fact that it takes away thrust when you use if doesn't make it something you would see someone spamming because of those two cons right there.

4) Fighters like Street Fighters, Blazblue, Tekken, Soul Calibur all have block for one button so you can't use that example and blockers don't get away in that game even when it's one button anyway

5) Making block one button should only hold on purpose to protect yourself from people rushing meleeing you and attacks like the Mega Bazooka Launcher ATTACKS THAT SEEM UNDODGABLE AT THE MOMENT. Not to sit there and block thru out the game because you can't win a game just by defending so making it an effort to even pull of is stupid in itself.

So don't make it seem like they did justice making it two buttons to block because it wasn't even like that in previous vs games back on the psp so i've heard.

• 11 months later...

The "Block" in this game and all of it's previous iterations has always been quickly flick the left analog stick down and then up (or the D-pad down and up) ......

Currently in PS3's Extreme VS you could do it and "hold" the block by keep on pushing the analog up (albeit doing so will drain your boost gauge) but back in the PS2 days you can't do that .... you must time together enemy's attack and your actions of flicking the analog / cross perfectly to actually defend yourself, so blocking was basically parrying back then.

Edited by doomgun