Mobile Suit Gundam: Battle Operation

Trophy Difficulty Rating

Rate the trophy difficulty...  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv60/funkyweed/Difficulty%20Threads/plat_60.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.20

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Vyrastas

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't put a rating on this without putting in a substantial amount of time into it, guys.

The stats currently for this game on psnprofiles.com is 35 of 15,098 100% achievers.

Although it can be argued that's because it's free to play, you also have to remember this game really isn't "boost friendly", so getting that max rank trophy will take at least some skill and a lot of time.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a different definition entirely of "time consuming". Forget what you know.

The "2/10" votes above really needed to do some more research. You cannot put a numbered rating on this unless you are playing the real experience under a Japan account.

This is technically a free to play game, but you only get a very limited amount of plays per time period and you can't customize much. You are limited in games you can play, only one every two hours. Essentially this is their way of giving you a "demo". If you want to start paying to get anywhere, you need to pay micro-transactions.

However, the catch is these micro-transactions are only available to Japanese PSN accounts. If you try to buy more "time" or EXP booster chips or anything, you will get an error because your non-Japanese account cannot connect to the Japanese store.

So let's say your account is not Japanese (no, you can't change region) and you want to 100% this title. Well, you are out of luck. If you want to try to hit the maximum rank on the "demo" time they give you, you are looking at four sessions a day, one every 4 hours (total 16 hours at last session), consisting of 2-3 games per session, every day for 13 months. And it's not just 4 sessions anytime you want. They must be mathematically spaced out for the server timer to give you more plays, if you don't use those plays (only stores 3 plays at once) then you won't be able to get your full EXP for the day.

If you don't adhere to that by the book, which is almost humanly impossible, you will be adding more months on to your time without noticing. This game will never leave your mind as you have to constantly remember to come back and play every few hours every day. You will go insane under this regimen not even 1 of the 13 months necessary.

Oh and in case you don't already know, you can't boost this game much at all. It needs 8 players to start a game (4 on each team), and the EXP benefits of winning/losing aren't all that much in the long run, the EXP difference of just playing legit games is not much. Good luck organizing a boost session of 8 people 4+ sessions a day across hours each times a day every day for 13+ months just for a 5%-10% increase in EXP. There are things called "draw rooms" where all players sit there and wait for the timer to run out but with only 2 or 3 plays per session and having to be there to go through the post/pre-game screens it's useless. With the meager EXP gain from those "draw rooms", it's more focused on paying Japanese players who want to increase their development points (for customizing parts).

There is a thread on GameFAQs that went into researching how long it would take to 100% this game without a Japanese account.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/664555-mobile-suit-gundam-battle-operation/63766289

Some excerpts:

You need 5,280,600 exp to hit Colonel.

You get around average 1500 exp per match win or lose. Wins a bit more, but let's use 1500.

The problem is that non-JP accounts have limited plays (Energy) per day. Japanese acvounts can purchase more plays ("Energy reserves") per day. So anyway, non-JP users a max of 12 games per 24 hours.

Every 2 hours = 1 energy (play).

Playing the full 12 each day will probably be near impossible since you need sleep time, etc. So let's say 9 or 10 maximim realistc plays per 24 hours. 9 most likely if you come back.every 4 hours (set alarm?) three times.

But let's say you set an alarm to play 3/2 games every 4 hours so you can get the max 12 games per day.

(Session1=3 plays)+(S2=2P)+(S3=2P)+(S4=2P) = Total 9 plays across 16 hours. Of course you only have to be present every 4 hours, just have to be awake for 16hr per day. Some people get tired before that. But wait, thats only 9, not 12. Then you have to wait even longer for the remaining 3 for total 12. Impossible as you need to sleep by then.

So let's say you are consistent with that 12 a day schedule. How long will it take? Let's find out.

12 games per day @ avg. 1500exp per game = 18,000exp per day.

18,000exp per day for 30 days = 540,000xp per month

3 months (90 days) = 1,620,000

That's 1,620,000 of 5,280,600.

1.6 of 5.2. Only around 50% of the way there.

After 3 months of following that schedule religiously (which is probably impossible) you are only HALF WAY THERE.

5 months? Not enough. 7? No. 9? NO.

10? After 10 months of playing every day in four sessions every 4 hours (12 games a day)you'd have just more than enough at 5.4 million exp of 5.2 needed.

And thats at FULL efficiency @ 12 plays per day. How about we step into the real world. Say 9 plays per day. After 13 months (1 year 1 month) you'd JUST have enough at 5.26 million exp.

Summary:

12 games every day (cant do them in one go, only 1 game every 2 hours allowed) for 10 months = Colonel rank

9 games every day (cant do them in one go, only 1 game every 2 hours allowed) for13 months = Colonel rank

I actually thought it was a demo at first, so I played it then realized it put a new 0% on my trophy list.

I then looked into it briefly and assumed it was completable since I was seeing Japanese players completing it 100% in about a month's time.

Little did I know that they had an advantage...paying for "Energy" (plays) and chip (exp) boosters and all of that to make it go faster. Which is impossible unless you have JP account!

Well besides possible server closure (which may or may not happen in the next year, depending on if this is viewed as a real title rather than an "event" by Namco), there's the fact that the gain will be slower and slower thanks to less and less players logging in each week. So it might not be an "event" to Namco, but an "event" to the users. Less and less players mean longer waiting to get into matches, which will screw up your waiting time for free energy and screw you out of possibly multiple plays per day.

In regards to completing the game on a non-Japanese account:

The bottom line is, you can't. This is a Japanese game not intended for Western players. Those of us that do choose to play have to be content with the fact that we're allowed to play for free on a system designed to get players to pay to win/rank up/ get better parts.

Its how they designed the system.

The requirements aren't a joke,the game was made with Japanese players who spend $ in mind.

What I meant was, the requirements are a complete joke for people without Japanese accounts. Essentially with the limited plays it's their way of giving people a "demo" (in hopes of hooking them in to start paying). Scraping by on that "demo" time to get the maximum rank is a little unrealistic.

No, I wasn't expecting a short grind. I was expecting though, say maybe 3 months of daily playing. Little did I know it's around 13 months of playing every day for 4 different sessions (since you need to sleep you can only get around 9 of the 12 plays per day - need to do other things and not 100% doing 9 games a day? Stack on more months!). No boosting or making anything faster either. Completely outrageous.

Edited by tokinoch

• 2 weeks later...
The "2/10" votes above really needed to do some more research. You cannot put a numbered rating on this unless you are playing the real experience under a Japan account.
I used to be very active in the game but I haven't touched it in two months, felt good not living life in three hour increments.

I play on a US account and so I know how painstaking this game is to levelup but I'll support my vote as a two.

Nothing is hard about it. You jump on, play three games. Wait three hours, play three more. Wait three more hours and play your last three for the day. Nothing there requires skill or any real work. Skill helps you go faster but in the end it shouldn't be too hard to get if you're determined.

The game isn't a "breeze" so it isn't a one but aside from being very, very, very long it isn't hard at all.

• 2 months later...
This is a different definition entirely of "time consuming". Forget what you know.

This is technically a free to play game, but you only get a very limited amount of plays per time period and you can't customize much. You are limited in games you can play, only one every two hours. Essentially this is their way of giving you a "demo". If you want to start paying to get anywhere, you need to pay micro-transactions.

However, the catch is these micro-transactions are only available to Japanese PSN accounts. If you try to buy more "time" or EXP booster chips or anything, you will get an error because your non-Japanese account cannot connect to the Japanese store.

So let's say your account is not Japanese (no, you can't change region) and you want to 100% this title. Well, you are out of luck. If you want to try to hit the maximum rank on the "demo" time they give you, you are looking at four sessions a day, one every 4 hours (total 16 hours at last session), consisting of 2-3 games per session, every day for 13 months. And it's not just 4 sessions anytime you want. They must be mathematically spaced out for the server timer to give you more plays, if you don't use those plays (only stores 3 plays at once) then you won't be able to get your full EXP for the day.

If you don't adhere to that by the book, which is almost humanly impossible, you will be adding more months on to your time without noticing. This game will never leave your mind as you have to constantly remember to come back and play every few hours every day. You will go insane under this regimen not even 1 of the 13 months necessary.

Oh and in case you don't already know, you can't boost this game much at all. It needs 8 players to start a game (4 on each team), and the EXP benefits of winning/losing aren't all that much in the long run, the EXP difference of just playing legit games is not much. Good luck organizing a boost session of 8 people 4+ sessions a day across hours each times a day every day for 13+ months just for a 5%-10% increase in EXP. There are things called "draw rooms" where all players sit there and wait for the timer to run out but with only 2 or 3 plays per session and having to be there to go through the post/pre-game screens it's useless. With the meager EXP gain from those "draw rooms", it's more focused on paying Japanese players who want to increase their development points (for customizing parts).

There is a thread on GameFAQs that went into researching how long it would take to 100% this game without a Japanese account.

How long will it take to hit Colonel rank....with a non-JP account?!!? - Mobile Suit Gundam: Battle Operation Message Board for PlayStation 3 - GameFAQs

Some excerpts:

In regards to completing the game on a non-Japanese account:

hey tokinoch... remember how i said 6 months can get 100% trophies? i made it under 6 months by 6 days. which is 174 days in 1,921 battles

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/b_jai_gor_gor/Misc/rank_zpsf66723b5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/b_jai_gor_gor/Misc/start_zpsa28f35eb.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/b_jai_gor_gor/Misc/battles_zps3272afe6.jpg

• 2 months later...

I only have 6 trophies so far, but I'm determined to 100% this game sooner or later. Most matches go pretty well for me, except when I'm fighting a team full of snipers that spam shots on the ground NEAR my gundam's legs so that I'm forced to stand still or fall everytime I try to boost in any direction. Usually, if I successfully retreat and go repair my gundam's legs, then my teammates at the time will all die instead. :mad:

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...