"Disrespected" trophy help thread

GooRoo

Hoping to get some additional help beyond the guide for this one. I haven't attempted it yet on the PS3, but I'm not getting intentionally walked on the Vita when meeting the criteria. I've tried down by one run, tied, and up by one run.

Does the game need to be on a specific difficulty level to get walked?

This is my last trophy before earning the plat on the Vita. :dance:

Hoping to get some additional help beyond the guide for this one. I haven't attempted it yet on the PS3, but I'm not getting intentionally walked on the Vita when meeting the criteria. I've tried down by one run, tied, and up by one run.

Does the game need to be on a specific difficulty level to get walked?

This is my last trophy before earning the plat on the Vita. :dance:

I'm not sure, but it may not work if you're on beginner hitting difficulty. But the game definitely needs to be in the 7th inning or later. I found second and third with one out to be ideal, but even just a single runner on second will work. It can happen with 0 outs, but 2 outs definitely won't work. 1 out is best.

^They will intentionally walk you with 2 outs. It has happened to me.

You need to have 2nd or 2nd and 3rd, it must be a close game(tied is ideal, and it must be late in the game(it happens a lot in extra innings). It can be any outs. I believe I was walked on beginner one time. I don't think the difficulty matters.

Got it! I noticed that tends to happen a lot on these forums. Sometimes you just need to post about it and then the trophy just sort of falls in your lap. I was in beginner mode, top of the ninth, started with a single, a stolen base to see if I would get walked, two punch outs (hoping for a walk to set up the double steal rather than hope I get a single), got a walk on a 3-2 pitch, Clint Barmes intentionally walked and A.J. Burnet hits a grand slam to platinum the game. :) Thank goodness A.J. was edited to hit like The Babe! Thanks for the excellent guide Woz and all the other good folks who contributed to it and this thread. :) That makes my 26th Plat and 27 will hopefully be coming soon on the PS3 version.

Got it! I noticed that tends to happen a lot on these forums. Sometimes you just need to post about it and then the trophy just sort of falls in your lap. I was in beginner mode, top of the ninth, started with a single, a stolen base to see if I would get walked, two punch outs (hoping for a walk to set up the double steal rather than hope I get a single), got a walk on a 3-2 pitch, Clint Barmes intentionally walked and A.J. Burnet hits a grand slam to platinum the game. :) Thank goodness A.J. was edited to hit like The Babe! Thanks for the excellent guide Woz and all the other good folks who contributed to it and this thread. :) That makes my 26th Plat and 27 will hopefully be coming soon on the PS3 version.

I'm new to this series and have two edited teams and i still can't hit home runs like crazy. Even when i set it took beginner or rookie, the pitcher will pitch a ton of balls for some damn reason and i'll only hit a few homers a game. Can u or anybody give me some tips? I do have the sliders adjusted. I just need to know because i have been hit or intentionally walked and then i always fuck up with the next batter. I believe theres 2 or 3 trophies that require u to hit a home run with the next batter or next at bat so any tip is greatly appreciated.

Ok let's see if this works. 1 week trying for this trophy And my plat!!! Argggg

Edit: yeasssssssssssssss!!!!!!!! Got it!!!!! With garza in a minor league park!!

Edited by OlympiakosNYC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm going to follow everyone else's lead and complain about this trophy in the hopes that it will pop in the next five minutes.

Been trying to earn this in conjunction with the no-hitter trophy but can't seem to get it. Whenever I need to put people on base in the later innings--groundout, popout, groundout. It's killing me! Even if I do manage to get a walk the chances of me hitting one out it slim. Oh, well. Let's see how it goes after this post.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I tried last night for 2.5 hours and no luck. I got intentionally walked twice and next at bat a dumb grounder. I was in extra innings with a runner on 3rd and 2nd 1 out I thought to myself awesome my next batter is going to get walked, nope of course not the pitcher pitched to me. Hoping my luck with strike em out throw em out works where as soon as I complained on here I got the trophy.

I'm having trouble getting people on base late in the innings. My first batter usually grounds out for the first out, then second batter will get a base hit, then third batter grounds/fly out.

I am on and off with this game now... every few days I'll come back to it and give it a go as disrespected is the last trophy I need for plat.

I have actually had some decent luck getting my guys on base with bunting. Play around with it in the early innings to see if it works for you.

NOTE -- depends entirely on how your stats are edited for your batters and the opposing fielders.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I have to share this story. So I've been trying to get this trophy for a long while now. After an 18 inning outing that ended in disaster yesterday, I gave up. Today I downloaded the Hit By Pitch Trophy and thought I'd go for payback instead. Well despite the crazy pitches Bud Norris is throwing, he doesn't hit any of my batters. I was about to become even more depressed when finally in the 6th inning his pelts Jhonny Peralta.

So the 8th inning rolls around and he walks my first 2 batters. I bunt them over to 2nd and 3rd with Fielder but Fielder actually beats the throw to first and is safe. I have every runner steal, runner is tagged out at home, and I have 2nd and 3rd, 1 out, 8th inning, 0-0 game. Intentional Walk right?

Nope, the pitcher ends up walking the next batter through a 3-1 count. Now disheartened I've missed my chance, I force all runners to steal again. Somehow Cabrera is called safe at home plate, and I again have runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. This time, intentional walk. Well lo and behold, who should be up to bat but my beloved Cardinals newest shortstop, Jhonny Peralta.

At this point I pause the game and have to collect myself. I review hitting tips from a hitting guide and try to keep myself calm, even though I'm bursting at the present opportunity. First pitch is a low ball. Next pitch my anxiety gets the best of me and I swing way too early for a foul. Next pitch I do the same thing. I shake my body loose and take a deep breath. Next pitch hits the top of the plate and I connect with my power swing. The camera zooms out and the entire stadium stands in awe at the massive grand slam. BLING! Disrespected! BLING! Payback!

I am so jacked. I jumped out of my chair at work and started strutting down the hallway like I am the cock of the walk. It feels so good. Thank you for letting me share what a wonderful moment in trophy collecting this has been.

• 1 month later...
Ok, I have to share this story. So I've been trying to get this trophy for a long while now. After an 18 inning outing that ended in disaster yesterday, I gave up. Today I downloaded the Hit By Pitch Trophy and thought I'd go for payback instead. Well despite the crazy pitches Bud Norris is throwing, he doesn't hit any of my batters. I was about to become even more depressed when finally in the 6th inning his pelts Jhonny Peralta.

So the 8th inning rolls around and he walks my first 2 batters. I bunt them over to 2nd and 3rd with Fielder but Fielder actually beats the throw to first and is safe. I have every runner steal, runner is tagged out at home, and I have 2nd and 3rd, 1 out, 8th inning, 0-0 game. Intentional Walk right?

Nope, the pitcher ends up walking the next batter through a 3-1 count. Now disheartened I've missed my chance, I force all runners to steal again. Somehow Cabrera is called safe at home plate, and I again have runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. This time, intentional walk. Well lo and behold, who should be up to bat but my beloved Cardinals newest shortstop, Jhonny Peralta.

At this point I pause the game and have to collect myself. I review hitting tips from a hitting guide and try to keep myself calm, even though I'm bursting at the present opportunity. First pitch is a low ball. Next pitch my anxiety gets the best of me and I swing way too early for a foul. Next pitch I do the same thing. I shake my body loose and take a deep breath. Next pitch hits the top of the plate and I connect with my power swing. The camera zooms out and the entire stadium stands in awe at the massive grand slam. BLING! Disrespected! BLING! Payback!

I am so jacked. I jumped out of my chair at work and started strutting down the hallway like I am the cock of the walk. It feels so good. Thank you for letting me share what a wonderful moment in trophy collecting this has been.

Quite the story haha. I haven't touched this game in about a month but disrespected is the only trophy I have had left all this time... I'm thinking its about time I try another hack at it and hopefully in the usual fashion posting on here will help my odds!