Last trophy till plat: "Bang the Drum"

ladoyers

For those who have done it, any tips you can give? (Batter you used, batting difficulty settings etc)

I really first thought that this would be an easy trophy but I take that back and now understand its gold-trophy value. Ive tried many many many times, have some close instances where I am a few feet too far to the left or right from it.

Would love tips, thanks.

Interesting, ot was the first trophy I earned. I used Miguel Cabrera. You can't change any settings in HRD.

Yeah, I thought it would be one of my first...I went for it straight from when I got the game and kinda pushed it aside doing other trophies.

Been working on it ever since and its truly difficult :(

You can change hitting options in HRD, I just thought maybe it would have some help? But I use just basic timing for hitting interface. Ive been using Miggy as well, essentially to try to emulate how you did it in your video on your guide. However, I have not had such luck.

Was trying to get quick thinking trophy with no success, went back to trying this (Miguel Cabrera like Wozamil said) and got it within a few swings. One pain in the ass trophy out of the way. :p

Tried Miggs and Pujols :/ No luck gaise.

Gawddamn, this driving my crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :(

/edit: I also tried changing the swing mode options to pure analog etc , no difference

• 4 weeks later...

This trophy was frustrating as hell. The drum is such a small target and so far away. Ugh. I can't tell you how many times I got my hopes up, only to have the ball land a few feet left, or right, or just in front of the freaking drum.

It got to a point where I'd just use Pujols and Cabrera 4 times each. Tonight, I finally got one on target with Pujols. Then I really lucked out and got the strike 'em out, throw 'em out DP and Disrespected trophies in the same game, finally wrapping up the platinum.

My problem was that I couldn't even find the bongo. It's barely visible on the screen, seemingly. I came here to find a video and once I saw the location, it was an easy Gold.

Hitting the foul pole in Washington is tougher. Having difficulty timing my swing with left-handed hitters.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok, it seems that complain on this forums helps to get the trophy so here i am.

I have connected more than 1000 homers the last days, dozens very close to the drum.

I'm using 8 Miguel Cabrera on the HR derby mode. Anyone have tips? i'm in the border of insanity.

EDIT: Just connected 1 HR 2 inches to the left of the drum... WHY???

EDIT 2: Ding! Got it!

The best tip is to complain here, it really seems to help!

Edited by Sez

• 6 months later...

Not sure if complaining here still has the magic, but I'll give it a go. Mashing balls left and right with Pujols and Miggy and there have been plenty to get me out of my seat but, nope, always lands just shy of the drum. The few I get that are dead on always fall a tad short. Thank god this is a gold, this trophy is very difficult :(

• 2 months later...

Finally got this stupid trophy for the vita version. It literally took me 6 hours of home run derby using Cabrera the whole time. I was able to get the tray after about an hour on the ps3 version but in the vita it seemed harder as I would keep hitting in front of the drum and not getting the trophy, could just be luck but I got it first time that the shot lined up with the drum on the ps3 with not distance issue.

• 1 month later...

This one was nightmarish. Had to play through 5 FULL Homerun Derbies with a lineup of 8 Cabrera's. Since an 8-man Homerun Derby takes at least 140 outs (barring ties), and I average about 14 homeruns per 10 outs, this trophy took me in the neighborhood of 1600-1700 pitches.

The things we do for trophies...:think: