Rate the trophy difficulty...  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_55.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.33

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

3- This game is by far the easiest and quickest platinum in the series. There are a couple luck based trophies, but nothing exceedingly rare that it doesn't happen from time to time, especially with specific slider and roster adjustments. But even with needing a little luck, it doesn't mean its hard. You can platinum this in a weekend.

Just remember, if you rent this, you will need an online pass that can be purchased from the store for $10. Without it, you won't be able to get 5 trophies.

3 seems about right, for the reasons Woz stated.

Maybe I'm imagining it, but the timing on the Vita version seems just different enough to mess with you if you have good timing on the ps3 version. I felt like I was holding way back on high 80s or low 90s fastballs, and I'd still be early on some of them. With that said, the Vita version would be like a 3.5 to the ps3 version's 3.

I voted 3, would say 3.5, as some of the trophies are luck based, fortunately enough for me, i got those lucky ones (payback time, didn't even break a sweat) out of the way in the first few attempts. The strike out throw out and hail to the chief was probably the two that gave me the most trouble, but overall a pretty easy plat.

I went with an aggregated 5 for the Vita/PS3 plats because of the pure luck of some trophies. The plats have little to do with skill that's why I can't go lower. Trophies I got easy on the Vita took hours on the PS3 and vice versa. Some things were also easier/harder on their respective systems because of screen size, controls, etc. Again, while nothing is hard skill wise the pure luck aspect jumped these games to a 5.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I give this game an 8/10 because of the insane based luck trophies, OMG I really hate those!!!!

I agree on the 'luck based' trophies. They are ones that we probably could get 'legit' if playing a 162 game season, excluding the insane '58 pitch' CG. That said, i vote 5because the trophy total is kinda low, plus 'mad scientists' like Wozamil would find a way, which of course he did.

None of these are as sickeningly hard 'luck basers' as 'Hamilwho?'or 'Drop it like it's hot' from "Price is right - Decades," though.

Edited by Iceyice
A smiley face got in there somehow! Weird.

• 1 month later...

I voted a 3; very painless with Woz's awesome guide.

I'd already picked up a handful of trophies by just playing the game when I decided to start the journey to platinum this evening. I didn't think I'd be able to knock them all out in five or six hours, but I was. By downloading the maxxed out rosters and a few slider tweaks, these were no problem.

The only time-consuming set were hitting for the cycle in NYM, the four HR game, the HR after IBB, and the 1-2-3 DP. It took 17 innings, 50 walks to keep the game going, getting in a rundown to pick up the triple, an inside-the-parker for the 4th HR, and a 36-35 final score...but I knocked them all out in one epic game.

Thanks to Wozamil for all of his help, and to ch2423 for his rosters to help you get Payback Time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Last years game I gave a 5. After getting both plats on PS3 and Vita for MLB 13, I may go with a 4 or 4.5 on this. How these plats are uber rare is crazy since they aren't even hard to achieve. I guess it mainly has to do with people wanting to play a great baseball game and not caring about trophies maybe (I did that with MLB the Show '09)?

If you're reading this and you're on the fence about buying because you're not a sports fan, I suggest giving it a try. These games aren't hard at all. They are all luck based or situational based. I'm not even a sports fan but these games are probably in my Top 5 of the best Sony exclusive franchises.

Edited by fancyfox

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It seems that most of the people voting a 3 are justifying it by saying this is way easier than earlier versions of MLB The Show. Not having played any of those games, I feel the need to say - this aggregate average of 3 is an extreme underestimate. I feel that a rating of 5 or 6 is much more appropriate.

While the skill level required for this game isn't very high, multiple trophies are luck based with extremely low probabilities of success. Four or five trophies took me more than five hours apiece. While this game isn't nearly as aggravating as, say, The Price is Right Decades, it will cause enough frustration to turn away most trophy hunters. I mean... the completion rate for the plat, according to PSNP in June 2014, is less than 2%. If you believe there is more to a game's difficulty rating than skill (like grind length, luck, bad programming, poor online servers, etc.), this game is definitely not a 3.

• 1 month later...
While the skill level required for this game isn't very high, multiple trophies are luck based with extremely low probabilities of success. ....If you believe there is more to a game's difficulty rating than skill (like grind length, luck, bad programming, poor online servers, etc.), this game is definitely not a 3.

Agreed. I gave it a 4. Much more luck-based than Madden 13 (Vita) - which is my closest comparable. Inducing an intentional walk requires a very specific set of circumstances. The beaned-pitch & HR or strike/throw trophies you can at least set things up to generate many chances, but an intentional walk is brutal. I got extremely lucky with that one, but can still recognize how brutal it is, especially for an MLB noob like me.

• 8 months later...

I think I earned about half of the trophies in 2013, then the other half in the last few days. I'd give it a 4 based on my success the past few days, but a couple years ago some of these gave me fits, so I bumped it up to a 5. Not attainable any longer to anyone who hasn't gotten the online trophies, and I thought MLB 12 was an easier plat, but anyone who (like me) maybe earned the online trophies and some others a year or two ago but still has some cleanup to do for plat, this is pretty doable. Frustrating at times when the CPU seemingly just won't cooperate (damn that "Disrespected") but it was nice to see the plat finally pop.