Payback Time Help

redsoxaddict13

Hey everyone. So this may be the worst trophy ever created because I have played over 15 games with slider adjustments and creating an awful pitcher with knuckleballs and whatnot and I have yet to be hit one time. I don't even have the chance to hit a homerun after getting hit because I never get hit in the first place. This is my last trophy until platinum, so are there ways that seemed to have worked for those of you who have this? If so, could we get a detailed explanation and possibly throw it in the guide for others? Thanks!

I posted my roster for this trophy in the vault and named it HBP Trophy. User team is DET and cpu is HOU. I made all the HOU starters right handed with a slider, slurve and sweeping curve. All user batters are left handed. Adjust your sliders to decrease all CPU pitching attributes and manager hook.

When you start the game, take every pitch. Don't swing at anything. The CPU pitcher will start to get tired around the 3rd inning and since all the pitches break toward your left handed batters, you should start getting hit. I was averaging 4 hit batters a game. Only swing when your hit batters come up again. Let me know how this works for you guys.

I posted my roster for this trophy in the vault and named it HBP Trophy. User team is DET and cpu is HOU. I made all the HOU starters right handed with a slider, slurve and sweeping curve. All user batters are left handed. Adjust your sliders to decrease all CPU pitching attributes and manager hook.

When you start the game, take every pitch. Don't swing at anything. The CPU pitcher will start to get tired around the 3rd inning and since all the pitches break toward your left handed batters, you should start getting hit. I was averaging 4 hit batters a game. Only swing when your hit batters come up again. Let me know how this works for you guys.

Thanks for sharing! I will give this a go later tonight and let others know how it works.

Hey everyone. So this may be the worst trophy ever created because I have played over 15 games with slider adjustments and creating an awful pitcher with knuckleballs and whatnot and I have yet to be hit one time.

My friend. Trust me. "Drop it like it's hot' from "Price is right Decades" is the worst trophy EVER!:)

I know it's not much help but I got hit while,going for a bunt twice in a row...I went for the bunt just as the pitch was received

Same, i was trying to go for another trophy, so i was trying to bunt to speed up the game and i got hit and apparently i pulled it back. Luckily, next time up i crushed one with schierholtz, i used Wozamil's roster and just tweaked the human power, contact and solid hits.

I was even close a few times in Rtts, but after i got hit by the pitch, i would hit a ball to the game or hit the fence the next at-bat. If the pitcher is throwing inside, try bunting and pulling it back may be an easier way to get hit.

Brilliant... thank you very much. I literally went from never being hit at all to getting hit 5 times in the first 5 innings of a game with your roster. I choked my first 2 tries at the HR but nailed the 3rd one. This needs to go in the guide imo. Thanks again man, it's not going to get any easier than this.

Now If only there was a way to edit a pitcher to get him to intentionally walk you :)

That's decided by the manager which is dictated by game situation, so no amount of editing can influence that. The good news, its much more common to see an intentional walk than it is getting beaned. I must have been walked fifteen times before finally getting the trophy. I chocked under pressure each time.

That's decided by the manager which is dictated by game situation, so no amount of editing can influence that. The good news, its much more common to see an intentional walk than it is getting beaned. I must have been walked fifteen times before finally getting the trophy. I chocked under pressure each time.

That's what's happening to me. I keep getting to hyped up over getting intentionally walked

Thanks this worked perfectly. This is why I hate luck based trophies. I had no problem getting this on Vita but it took hours for me to get on PS3.

What exactly are your sliders? I have all CPU pitching set to nothing. I gave up after six innings of Bud Norris throwing everything for a strike. Literally not a single ball. Just re-checked my sliders and started a new game and it's three up, three down on nine pitches in the first. :(

I got this trophy no problem on the PS3 with a knuckleballer but I'm having zero luck on the Vita no matter what options I try.

Just choked on my plate appearance after getting hit by a pitch. It seems as though the HBP Trophy Roster will work eventually. So many wild pitches inside and my batters are jumping out of the way!!! Take it like a man!!!

EDIT: PRINCE FIELDER I LOVE YOU!!! Got it :)

Edited by redsoxaddict13
Update

Well, so much for this attempt. Bud Norris just threw 9 innings, 81 pitches, all strikes. Game is still 0-0 but there seems no reason to keep going. Not sure what the problem is here. All the sliders and roster changes check out. I have yet to be thrown a ball with these rosters in 2.5 games. You would think he'd miss the zone by accident, never mind hit a batter. His energy is zero, confidence at max. Still chugging along. Note this is on the Vita. Not sure if/why that would make a difference. Hope it works for everyone else. I'm off to trying something else.

How is this working for everyone? I can't figure out what I have wrong on my sliders. Knuckleballers throw tons of balls. I got four and one near-beaning on the first two batters with a created knuckler but nothing on this. Same sliders. At this point I'm just curious what I could possibly be doing wrong. The CPU pitches go right down the middle with no break.

This would be an excellent roster setup for anyone needing four homers in a game. He hangs every slider right over the plate up in the zone. I can hit home runs all day long off of him LOL.

How is this working for everyone? I can't figure out what I have wrong on my sliders. Knuckleballers throw tons of balls. I got four and one near-beaning on the first two batters with a created knuckler but nothing on this. Same sliders. At this point I'm just curious what I could possibly be doing wrong. The CPU pitches go right down the middle with no break.

This would be an excellent roster setup for anyone needing four homers in a game. He hangs every slider right over the plate up in the zone. I can hit home runs all day long off of him LOL.

Are you playing on Beginner? They don't throw many balls on beginner.

Downloaded your roster and got the trophy by the 2nd, thanks a bunch!