Offline Trophies: 3 (G) 1 (B)

Online Trophies: 0

Minimum Number of Playthroughs Required: 1

Do Cheats Affect Trophies?: No cheats known at this time

Does Difficulty Affect Trophies?: No difficulty selection

Glitched Trophies?: None Reported

Missable Trophies?: None, you can replay the HRD as many times as required

Introduction:

At long last and after months of waiting, MLB 13 The Show Home Run Derby Edition has finally arrived! Featuring a plethora of MLB powerhitters to choose from and the breathtaking scenery of Citi Bank Field in New York, MLB 13 HRDE greatly exceeds what you would expect from a $5.99 game. You may earn all 4 trophies quickly but you'll find yourself playing long after you unlock your coveted 100%. Do you have what it takes to be a major league hitter? Test your skills in this heart pounding, action packed, adrenaline fuelled thrill ride!!

Here are a couple of key terms that we'll be using throughout the guide. The definitions are listed below so that even newcomers will be able to breeze through this game with relative ease.

Homerun (or home run)- A homerun is when a batter hits the ball over the wall. The ball must clear the wall while in the air and must be between the two foul poles on either side of the field. If the ball hits the foul pole while in the air, it is also ruled a homerun.

Lefty- Slang for a left handed hitter. *Fun fact* A left handed hitter actually stands on the right side of the plate, with his back facing towards the first base side.

Righty- Slang for a right handed hitter. *Fun fact* A right handed hitter actually stands on the left side of the plate, with his back facing towards the third base side.

Hit- A hit is a term used to describe when a batter makes contact with the ball using his bat.

Pitch- A pitch is the term used to describe the action of a pitcher throwing the ball towards home plate (and the batter).

Out- In a home run derby an out is any ball that is swung on by the batter that does not make it over the wall. This includes foul balls, a missed swing, or any ball hit into fair territory which does not clear the wall in the air.

Road Map:

Step 1 – Start up the game and select at least 2 Players, as the game will not let you start up with 1. I'd recommend a righty (Miguel Cabrera) and a lefty (Prince Fielder), so you'll have 2 different views of the plate and potential to hit home runs to either side of the field.

Step 2 – Play the Home Run Derby with the default settings. You'll have 10 outs to get the four home runs (trophies you need). You'll want to try and hit two home runs in a row for the Back To Back trophy, the others should come naturally while going for this.

Step 3 – Replay the Home Run Derby until you've unlocked the trophies. You can hit start and Restart if you'd like to skip the ending sequences or restart the first round.

Edited by mattybell2117

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/2162/B23.jpgHang a Louie (G)

Hit a home run to Left Field. Only earned if playing an uninterrupted game against the CPU, without switching sides or fast forwarding.

You hit home runs by pressing the :cross: button when the pitches cross the plate. It's likely that these trophies will come naturally, but if you want to aim for the left field, swing a little early (for a right handed batter) or a little late (for a left handed batter). Make sure you are using a good home run hitter and keep practicing your timing. I recommend Miguel Cabrera or Prince Fielder, as they have very high power and hitting stats.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/2162/78B.jpgStraight as an Arrow (G)

Hit a home run to Center Field. Only earned if playing an uninterrupted game against the CPU, without switching sides or fast forwarding.

You hit home runs by pressing the :cross: button when the pitches cross the plate. *It's likely that these trophies will come naturally, but if you want to aim for center field, keep timing it to be exactly when the ball is going to cross the plate. *Make sure you are using a good home run hitter and keep practicing your timing, you'll eventually get it. *I recommend Miguel Cabrera or Prince Fielder, as they have very high power and hitting stats.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/2162/B13.jpgHang a Ralph (G)

Hit a home run to Right Field. Only earned if playing an uninterrupted game against the CPU, without switching sides or fast forwarding.

You hit home runs by pressing the :cross: button when the pitches cross the plate. *It's likely that these trophies will come naturally, but if you want to aim for the right field, swing a little late (for a right handed batter) or a little early (for a left handed batter). *Make sure you are using a good home run hitter and keep practicing your timing. *I recommend Miguel Cabrera or Prince Fielder, as they have very high power and hitting stats.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/2162/842.jpgBack to Back (B)

Hit 2 (or more) home runs in a row. Only earned if playing an uninterrupted game against the CPU, without switching sides or fast forwarding.

This is the hardest trophy in the game, as you need to hit 2 home runs in a row. Remember, you hit home runs by pressing the :cross: button when the pitches cross the plate. Once you get your timing down, you'll be able to eventually hit 2 home runs in a row! Make sure you are using a good home run hitter and keep practicing your timing. I recommend Miguel Cabrera or Prince Fielder, as they have very high power and hitting stats.

Edited by mattybell2117

Lovin the sarcasm.

Guide unnecessary but hey got to get them site awards someway or another.

QUESTION: Can you play actual 9 inning games or is it just home run derby only? Also is there online to compete with other players? If you can get 6-12 player lobbies to play a home run derby and not just 1 other person that could be pretty cool, never got to play online with MLB13 as I rented it and didn't have the online pass but I do know that had online home run derby not sure how it worked though.

Edited by care_bear_kiIIer

Yep, hit three or four home runs in the right spot and its done, $7 is a bit much for the game itself imo

Agreed, $5.99 is a bit much for 4 trophies, especially considering I just got 8 trophies for $4.99(TWD 400 Days).. BUT that only applies to people who ONLY want the trophies, because well.. they don't know how to buy games to enjoy them (lol)... $5.99 is more than worth it for people who actually enjoy these games and play them regularly.

Agreed, $5.99 is a bit much for 4 trophies, especially considering I just got 8 trophies for $4.99(TWD 400 Days).. BUT that only applies to people who ONLY want the trophies, because well.. they don't know how to buy games to enjoy them (lol)... $5.99 is more than worth it for people who actually enjoy these games and play them regularly.

Totally agree with you and it does not make sense. People need to learn how to enjoy trophies and stop wasting money.

Take people who hack games like Fuel. Is it really worth it to buy a game and just hack it for trophies.

Edited by Hunter360

Not really judging you or anything. But putting a trophy to dollar ratio kinda throws you in the bunch that you seem to get you're rocks off [loling]

But the real point of this post was to say. It might be different on you're planet but that 1 dollar difference could cover some gum or maybe a bag of chips on Earth. So i guess you can have fun laughing at us for spending 99 cents while munching on some "Hot Cheetos"

Not really judging you or anything. But putting a trophy to dollar ratio kinda throws you in the bunch that you seem to get you're rocks off [loling]

But the real point of this post was to say. It might be different on you're planet but that 1 dollar difference could cover some gum or maybe a bag of chips on Earth. So i guess you can have fun laughing at us for spending 99 cents while munching on some "Hot Cheetos"

I wasn't trying to brag about getting more for less, I really wasn't.. just really threw that in there because I bought them both at the same time and had just finished 400 Days before I posted.. The point of my post, which wasn't properly delivered was that you shouldn't base how much money you're wasting on a game solely due to its trophies... If it was the BEST game in the world, are you telling me you wouldn't spend $60 (assuming the Best in the world would be retail lol) only because it had like 10 or so trophies?

I know this is a trophy site and 90% of this community fap to the sound of a platinum.. but seriously, it comes to a point where it's just truly saddening when people don't even care or worry about how the game they're buying is, but moreso if the trophies are a cakewalk or not.. and if the trophies don't seem to be in the idea of something quick and easy they won't pick up the game because "Waaaah Waaaah, plat is too time consuming and/or hard"... makes me wonder how most of these people played games before achievements/trophies ever existed..

Edited by Yoda91192

I know this is a trophy site and 90% of this community fap to the sound of a platinum.. but seriously, it comes to a point where it's just truly saddening when people don't even care or worry about how the game they're buying is, but moreso if the trophies are a cakewalk or not.

Another good point yoda and agree with you yet again :)

I see people complaining how hard Littlebigplanet 2 is and they just need to suck it up. You should just be able to enjoy a game and get whatever trophies you can legit.

Yoda in all fairness you can't be ripping on anyone for playing games for trophies. You played hr derby for the trophies

You also presumably spent money on angry birds which is a free game on the phone where all you do is adjust a slide and hope for the best.

Yoda in all fairness you can't be ripping on anyone for playing games for trophies. You played hr derby for the trophies

You also presumably spent money on angry birds which is a free game on the phone where all you do is adjust a slide and hope for the best.

Okay, I admit there's few and SELECT games I do buy for the trophies(this may be one of them, but also mainly bought it just because I haven't played a HRD in forever), but I'm talking about people here that base EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEIR PURCHASES on trophies.... Granted people have the right to do whatever they please with their money, it's just stupid from my point of view to be blowing full price on retail games JUST for trophies.. like, paying $60 for a platinum even though you won't like it half the time?...

As for Angry Birds, I actually didn't buy it but instead got it as a gift. Don't think I would have bought it since I have every single Angry Birds game on my Kindle..

Edited by Yoda91192

Okay, I admit there's few and SELECT games I do buy for the trophies(this may be one of them, but also mainly bought it just because I haven't played a HRD in forever), but I'm talking about people here that base EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEIR PURCHASES on trophies.... Granted people have the right to do whatever they please with their money, it's just stupid from my point of view to be blowing full price on retail games JUST for trophies.. like, paying $60 for a platinum even though you won't like it half the time?...

As for Angry Birds, I actually didn't buy it but instead got it as a gift. Don't think I would have bought it since I have every single Angry Birds game on my Kindle..

And hacking Modern Warfare 2, Fuel, and Littlebigplanet 2 is the better way to go?

And hacking Modern Warfare 2, Fuel, and Littlebigplanet 2 is the better way to go?

Lol you finally just come out and say it, congrats for growing some balls in just a few posts. :)

& Way to compare 3 measly games to a whole library of Ps3/PsN games.

Sure I may have hacked those, specifically Fuse for the most part due to it being stuck on my list at 0% for ages thanks to my cousin..

But Mw2 & LBP2 I thoroughly enjoyed despite hacking.. granted I did most of the work for both of those anyway, Mw2 I said fuck it and hacked Spec Ops due to already doing it on 360 and didn't feel like doing it again, and LBP2 because I was banned at the time for a month and wanted it done so said fuck that too.

So because I hack a FEW games, it makes me as bad as someone who gets on a hard on for blowing hundreds and thousands of dollars on something that, at the end of the day doesn't exactly matter instead of actually wasting that money to enjoy the majority of the games?

Edited by Yoda91192

Wow thank you Matt & Cap for this amazing and detailed guide. Although, I haven't had a chance to play it yet I'm pretty sure this game is probably, nay, IS impossible to 100% without a guide. :hug:

We didn't make this guide for the fame but we appreciate your kind words. People like you were who we had in mind when creating this guide. Let us know if you have any questions about any of the trophies, we'd be glad to help. We're here to the serve this magnificent community any way we can ;)

@yoda, I would appreciate it if you would take your petty quarrel elsewhere. This thread is to be used for any information pertaining to MLB 13 The Show Home Run Derby Edition only. Are you having trouble with any of the trophies in this game?

Edited by mattybell2117

Do they have steroids dlc to make socking dingers easier? Also does Chris berman yell back back back back back and then call the home run some obscure reference?

I'm just really bad at baseball games so I could use all the encouragement I can get

Do they have steroids dlc to make socking dingers easier? Also does Chris berman yell back back back back back and then call the home run some obscure reference?

I'm just really bad at baseball games so I could use all the encouragement I can get

No steroids dlc has been announced although I think it'd make a fantastic addition to the game.

As for obscure references, the trophies are called "hang a louie" and "hang a ralph" so that should answer your question.

If you have any questions or concerns related to any trophies please don't hesitate to ask. Captain and myself are here to help and we understand that not everyone is familiar with baseball. In all honesty, baseball is an extremely boring sport so I don't blame you for not taking the time to familiarize yourself with the game.