XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Digital Only PS3 Games > M (PSN) > MLB 13: The Show - Home Run Derby Edition

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 02:42 AM   #1 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Default MLB 13 The Show Home Run Edition Trophy Guide and Road Map

Estimated Difficulty: Not enough votes for accurate estimation
Estimated Time to 100%: Not enough data for accurate estimation
Offline Trophies: 3 1
Online Trophies: 0
Minimum Number of Playthroughs Required: 1
Do Cheats Affect Trophies?: No cheats known at this time
Does Difficulty Affect Trophies?: No difficulty selection
Glitched Trophies?: None Reported
Missable Trophies?: None, you can replay the HRD as many times as required

Introduction:

At long last and after months of waiting, MLB 13 The Show Home Run Derby Edition has finally arrived! Featuring a plethora of MLB powerhitters to choose from and the breathtaking scenery of Citi Bank Field in New York, MLB 13 HRDE greatly exceeds what you would expect from a $5.99 game. You may earn all 4 trophies quickly but you'll find yourself playing long after you unlock your coveted 100%. Do you have what it takes to be a major league hitter? Test your skills in this heart pounding, action packed, adrenaline fuelled thrill ride!!

Here are a couple of key terms that we'll be using throughout the guide. The definitions are listed below so that even newcomers will be able to breeze through this game with relative ease.

Homerun (or home run)- A homerun is when a batter hits the ball over the wall. The ball must clear the wall while in the air and must be between the two foul poles on either side of the field. If the ball hits the foul pole while in the air, it is also ruled a homerun.

Lefty- Slang for a left handed hitter. *Fun fact* A left handed hitter actually stands on the right side of the plate, with his back facing towards the first base side.

Righty- Slang for a right handed hitter. *Fun fact* A right handed hitter actually stands on the left side of the plate, with his back facing towards the third base side.

Hit- A hit is a term used to describe when a batter makes contact with the ball using his bat.

Pitch- A pitch is the term used to describe the action of a pitcher throwing the ball towards home plate (and the batter).

Out- In a home run derby an out is any ball that is swung on by the batter that does not make it over the wall. This includes foul balls, a missed swing, or any ball hit into fair territory which does not clear the wall in the air.

Road Map:

Step 1 Start up the game and select at least 2 Players, as the game will not let you start up with 1. I'd recommend a righty (Miguel Cabrera) and a lefty (Prince Fielder), so you'll have 2 different views of the plate and potential to hit home runs to either side of the field.

Step 2 Play the Home Run Derby with the default settings. You'll have 10 outs to get the four home runs (trophies you need). You'll want to try and hit two home runs in a row for the Back To Back trophy, the others should come naturally while going for this.

Step 3 Replay the Home Run Derby until you've unlocked the trophies. You can hit start and Restart if you'd like to skip the ending sequences or restart the first round.

My First Guide: MX vs ATV Trophy Guide and Roadmap

Last edited by mattybell2117; 07-03-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:45 AM   #2 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Hang a Louie
Hit a home run to Left Field. Only earned if playing an uninterrupted game against the CPU, without switching sides or fast forwarding.

You hit home runs by pressing the button when the pitches cross the plate. It's likely that these trophies will come naturally, but if you want to aim for the left field, swing a little early (for a right handed batter) or a little late (for a left handed batter). Make sure you are using a good home run hitter and keep practicing your timing. I recommend Miguel Cabrera or Prince Fielder, as they have very high power and hitting stats.

Straight as an Arrow
Hit a home run to Center Field. Only earned if playing an uninterrupted game against the CPU, without switching sides or fast forwarding.

You hit home runs by pressing the button when the pitches cross the plate. *It's likely that these trophies will come naturally, but if you want to aim for center field, keep timing it to be exactly when the ball is going to cross the plate. *Make sure you are using a good home run hitter and keep practicing your timing, you'll eventually get it. *I recommend Miguel Cabrera or Prince Fielder, as they have very high power and hitting stats.

Hang a Ralph
Hit a home run to Right Field. Only earned if playing an uninterrupted game against the CPU, without switching sides or fast forwarding.

You hit home runs by pressing the button when the pitches cross the plate. *It's likely that these trophies will come naturally, but if you want to aim for the right field, swing a little late (for a right handed batter) or a little early (for a left handed batter). *Make sure you are using a good home run hitter and keep practicing your timing. *I recommend Miguel Cabrera or Prince Fielder, as they have very high power and hitting stats.

Back to Back
Hit 2 (or more) home runs in a row. Only earned if playing an uninterrupted game against the CPU, without switching sides or fast forwarding.

This is the hardest trophy in the game, as you need to hit 2 home runs in a row. Remember, you hit home runs by pressing the button when the pitches cross the plate. Once you get your timing down, you'll be able to eventually hit 2 home runs in a row! Make sure you are using a good home run hitter and keep practicing your timing. I recommend Miguel Cabrera or Prince Fielder, as they have very high power and hitting stats.

My First Guide: MX vs ATV Trophy Guide and Roadmap

Last edited by mattybell2117; 07-03-2013 at 03:19 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Fantastic guide, Matty! Glad I could help out on some of these descriptions and help you get your 100%. Awesome game!
Old 07-03-2013, 03:49 AM   #4 (permalink)

Probably the best guide this site has ever seen.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:00 AM   #5 (permalink)

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Bronze Submission

time to complete - 0 to 2 minutes
Old 07-03-2013, 04:01 AM   #6 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronzer Than Nothing
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

This is truly a magnificent guide. I don't think I'd be able to get the 100% without your guys help. There should be more guides like this on the site.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

You should make more guides on this site to help raise the quality level.

Great work matty
Old 07-03-2013, 04:53 AM   #8 (permalink)

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_ride View Post
time to complete - 0 to 2 minutes
Seriously?! That's awesome!

I've only played the Show 12 on vita, and I thought the trophies were pretty tough there. Are these really that easy?

Old 07-03-2013, 05:55 AM   #9 (permalink)

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Bronze Submission

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMERJET View Post
Seriously?! That's awesome!

I've only played the Show 12 on vita, and I thought the trophies were pretty tough there. Are these really that easy?
Yep, hit three or four home runs in the right spot and its done, $7 is a bit much for the game itself imo
Old 07-03-2013, 08:13 AM   #10 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter

Lovin the sarcasm.
Guide unnecessary but hey got to get them site awards someway or another.

QUESTION: Can you play actual 9 inning games or is it just home run derby only? Also is there online to compete with other players? If you can get 6-12 player lobbies to play a home run derby and not just 1 other person that could be pretty cool, never got to play online with MLB13 as I rented it and didn't have the online pass but I do know that had online home run derby not sure how it worked though.

Last edited by care_bear_kiIIer; 07-03-2013 at 08:18 AM.
Closed Thread