i wanna hear your thoughts..

nelson33

Hey im not trying to start a complaining thread, im just curious what your opinions are..

1) PRICE: i dont see why this game is full price ($60) when it seems like the same game as years ago. i know all the little tweaks and new features but still doesnt seem worth it..

2) MOVE CONTROLLER: i have only tried homerun derby a few times but i have to swing so early that i cant even "read" the pitch, kinda fun for goofing with friends but if u want trophies u gotta stick to the ol' thumb swing..

3) CREATE-A-TEAM: my biggest disappointment.. i have been playing MLB'10 since release but decided to update to '12 mainly cuz i read it had this long-awaited feature, only to play and realize that it is online only!! seriously?!?!?

Again, just wanting to hear what others think. please dont turn this into an insult me thread..

1) You can say the same about a lot of sports games, FIFA, Madden etc. They did add Diamond Dynasty and the game play itself is pretty much perfect now. Franchise and RTTS need reboot's for next time though.

2) Yes the move functionality doesn't really work in anything other than HRD.

3) You can play against the CPU, the matchmaking needs some work done on it but for a first year addition to the game its not a bad effort, I would have liked to have seen more of a an Ultimate Team style but I think the dev's wanted to avoid trying to just copy that.

yeah i was wrong about DD mode, now that i tried it i realize u can play CPU and i didnt know u could fully customize n train ur players, i thought u had to use the latest online roster, like a draft or something..

I will ditto what was said earlier. when it comes to sports games, you pay money each year for the small adjustments that you barely notice unless you are looking for them. New uniforms, new features such as the ball hitting the bag, new ballpark in this one, diamond dynasty mode. Some people don't see these things as worth another 60 bucks, but enough people do or else these game franchises could not exist. I happen to be one who sees it as worth it. Love this game!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought it for $40. So far I'm not really enjoying myself. I'm just gonna play this when my buddy comes over or something because baseball sims really haven't been fun for me since the ps2 days. Everything feels the same as MLB 10 and 11 but for me the pitching drives me nuts. I get fairly close using the meter yet my pitches are always so far off, they never seem to go where I want them to go. My best inning so far was just an inning where I bunted every damn time and made it on base with 5-6 of my players. I hate that so many trophies have to be done on a higher difficulty and I can't do em by playing co op with my friend. Takes all the fun out of the game for me as a trophy hunter. I'm looking forward to a nice ultra rare plat but honestly, iunno if I'll end up getting just out of pure boredom.

• 3 months later...

Certain sports games do need a complete overhaul (like the WWE games), but The Show has pretty much perfected its gameplay. The graphics are also very good so I don't see how they could improve on them to much, but they need to change some of the pitch types that guys throw and include a few extra features.

I would enjoy a more thorough scouting report that showed what pitches the batter crushed and what pitches he was prone to strikeout on. Some people complain and say that they should add rain delays and whatnot, but I don't really see how this would improve the gameplay. The roster updates, updated schedule and ability to play online again are more then enough to pay the $60 every year.

I would like to see a better 'create-a-team' feature myself.

I guess financial situation is a factor. If you make 100,000 a year, $60 isn't too bad. I'm not saying I do, just sayin.'

I believe Sony could have made the price $39.99, but we live in a society where prices DON'T go down.

As for the Move controller, my fear of losing grip and totalling my TV make me say no dice to that!