Million Dollar Arm

LURadioDJ

1) Rookie pitching difficulty

2) Max sliders in your favor (pitch control, stamina, etc.)

3) Minimize all cpu sliders (contact, solid hits, etc.)

4) If that isn't good enough you can take it a step further & edit a team (especially the pitcher you're going to use) to the max, then edit another team down to 0.

I didn't have to go as far as using the last step but hey whatever works.

Stacked my team, boosted their stats, messed with the sliders and for the life of me I still can't pitch a perfect game :mad:

Any tips ??

At the team select screen change both teams difficulty settings to Beginner. It must be done on both sides. (default setting for your opponent is always on rookie)

Even though the in-game settings will still say Rookie you'll in fact be playing on Beginner. All my games playing on Rookie I was winning by 3-4 runs, on Beginner I was winning by 10-15 runs. It is way easier to play on and in those games I gave up 1 hit each playing with unedited Twins, Mariners and A's teams. So imagine how good you'd be with a fully edited Yankees side against the whooping boy team. It helps if your pitcher is on 100% steroids too.

It seems you're more in danger of giving up a hit in the last 2-3 innings (as your opponents become more aggressive) than the first half dozen so watch out for your pitchers if you've giving up no hits after say 6 innings.

I don't want to sound like an expert, especially when I haven't gotten the trophy yet. :o But I have only played 3 games on Beginner and it seems so much easier not to give up a hit.

Edited by JHChiBulls

I just got it.

My advice is stick with a pitcher whose repertoire feels comfy for you. Know how each of his pitches breaks. Don't get 'too much plate' if you don't have to. Have a 12-6 curve. They seem to be overmatched with that pitch.

I used Halladay. His Cutter can be used on both sides of the plate. Keep 'em honest with inside 4-seamers, change eye levels. Stay aggressive. Score early, but not too much. I felt 3-0 is good to keep the AI from trying to 'retaliate' run-wise!

Take deep breaths and remember, concentrate on each pitch.

Stay as calm as possible, and.....may the force be with you! Lol

I got mine during Spring Training.

I got my Starting Pitcher (Ricky Romero) to pitch 3 perfect innings. After that, I used relievers til the game was over.

My relievers gave up hits like crazy. After the game was over, the trophy popped for me.

I'm confused about this post. "Million Dollar Arm" is a trophy where you cant give up a single hit (runner gets on base). Am I missing something here? Do you only have to not give up a hit with your starter? :think:

I'm confused about this post. "Million Dollar Arm" is a trophy where you cant give up a single hit (runner gets on base). Am I missing something here? Do you only have to not give up a hit with your starter? :think:

Thats exactly how I got mine. My starter pitched 3 innings without giving up a hit, a walk and had no errors. Then I brought in relievers for the rest of the game.

Try it. It worked for me.

I got this trophy during my Spring Training.

Thats exactly how I got mine. My starter pitched 3 innings without giving up a hit, a walk and had no errors. Then I brought in relievers for the rest of the game.

Try it. It worked for me.

I got this trophy during my Spring Training.

Cool. Thanks for the tip. :)

I'll give it a try in the morning.

Don't quite understand it. I used Roy Halladay 3.0 perfect innings. In the 4th inning, I used Matt Cain only one inning. I won with the NL All Stars 11-5 against a Double A team playing at a minor league park. The result: Matt Cain was credited with the win. :confused: All other NL relievers pitch less than two innings. I used no starters. This is the second time that I've been through this same situation. I must be doing something wrong. :(

Don't quite understand it. I used Roy Halladay 3.0 perfect innings. In the 4th inning, I used Matt Cain only one inning. I won with the NL All Stars 11-5 against a Double A team playing at a minor league park. The result: Matt Cain was credited with the win. :confused: All other NL relievers pitch less than two innings. I used no starters. This is the second time that I've been through this same situation. I must be doing something wrong. :(

The starter of the game has to pitch five innings to qualify for a win. If he fails to to go five innings, then whoever is next to pitch while the team has the lead (and holds it) will be credited with the win.

The starter of the game has to pitch five innings to qualify for a win. If he fails to to go five innings, then whoever is next to pitch while the team has the lead (and holds it) will be credited with the win.

Gotcha, Reys813fan. Thanks for the input.

I dont know. But my starter was credited with the win after he pitched 3 perfect innings and got my trophy for the Perfect Game after he pitched 3 innings.

So from what it sounds like you just need to get your starter to be perfect and get the win for the trophy to pop.

I will test this tonight and report back if it works for me as well. Ill do a spring training game first then try it in an exhibition if it doesnt unlock in spring training.

I got mine during Spring Training. Never thought of trying it in Exhibition. I just wanted to get my Franchise started! LOL

Finally got "Million Dollar Arm." I edited all hitting and pitching to max while doing the opposite for CPU. Played an exhibition game using Cliff Lee of the NL All Stars against the Corpus Christi Hooks (Houston Astros' Double A team). He pitched 5 1/3 of perfect baseball (Lee's circle change-up is epic, btw). I put in relievers, afterwards. Won 9-0 and trophy popped.

Your very welcome, JH.

Let me know if you get it.

In Exhibition Mode, I just pitched 5 perfect innings (with Tim Lincecum) and took him out with a 2-0 lead. Used a couple of relievers to finish it out and gave up 1 hit. Won the game 3-0 and the Trophy popped at the end.

I just tried this over the last hour and that's why I haven't gotten back to you until now, Bud.

The result: I played Spring Training first. Pitched the first 3 innings, no hits were given up. The score after 3 innings was 0-0. I won the game 1-0 in the 9th inning and no trophy popped. I gave up hits with my relievers.

Moved on to Exhibition, pitched 5 perfect innings, no hits were given up. Lead 1-0 after 5 innings, won 4-0 and the trophy popped after the game. I gave up hits with my relievers.

Judging from that it appears you need to be leading the game within those 3/5 innings in order to be credited the win with your pitcher.

Edited by JHChiBulls

I just tried this over the last hour and that's why I haven't gotten back to you until now, Bud.

The result: I played Spring Training first. Pitched the first 3 innings, no hits were given up. The score after 3 innings was 0-0. I won the game 1-0 in the 9th inning and no trophy popped. I gave up hits with my relievers.

Moved on to Exhibition, pitched 5 perfect innings, no hits were given up. Lead 1-0 after 5 innings, won 4-0 and the trophy popped after the game. I gave up hits with my relievers.

Judging from that it appears you need to be leading the game within those 3/5 innings in order to be credited the win with your pitcher.

Thats right. When I got my trophy, Ricky Romero had a 1-0 lead when he pitched 3 perfect innings. Thanks for the update. I appreciate it.

I cant spend full price for this game as it is just a $60 DLC update for MLB11.

It is the SAME thing with shittier looking trophies! Enough of that though, it cant be that hard as 4 of my PSN friends had the (P) within 3 days of release.

I wonder if they regret buying such a simple game??? Shit, just go buy a disney game:D

I got mine during Spring Training.

I got my Starting Pitcher (Ricky Romero) to pitch 3 perfect innings. After that, I used relievers til the game was over.

My relievers gave up hits like crazy. After the game was over, the trophy popped for me.

this works on the vita version :D thank you so much. I kept giving up a hit in the 7th every time I tried this til I used your method