XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 02:33 AM   #1
redsoxaddict13
 
redsoxaddict13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 131
Default In the Bag?

Has anyone found an easier way to get this trophy done. I have finished the crazy home run derby trophy and I am on my way for the perfect game and Everyone's a Winner trophies, but this one seems to be the most troubling. I'm sure it is completely luck based, but it doesn't hurt to ask if there is a way to increase the likelihood of hitting a bag
__________________
PLATINUMS
Assassin's Creed 2
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Create
FIFA 12
Heavy Rain
L.A. Noire
MLB 12: The Show
MLB 13: The Show
NBA 2K12
NBA 2K13
NCAA Football 2012
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
The Godfather II
The Sims 3
Uncharted 3
redsoxaddict13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:25 AM   #2
Wozamil
 
Wozamil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,528
Send a message via Skype™ to Wozamil

Awards Showcase Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Guide Supplement Platinum   First PS4 Game Nights   Member of the Month Winner   Bronzer Than Nothing   Jack of All Trades   Bright Idea!   Word of Mouth - Platinum   5,000 Posts   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   A+ Thread Award   Call of Duty 4 Birthday
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Default

I hit it three times after returning my sliders to default. You certainly don't want a lineup full of power hitters. Other than that, it should occur naturally once during your 30 games.

The first time I got it, I chopped a slow roller towards third and the ball went under the third basemans glove and the ball literally slowly rolled and stopped on the base.
__________________

Wozamil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:16 AM   #3
redsoxaddict13
 
redsoxaddict13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wozamil View Post
I hit it three times after returning my sliders to default. You certainly don't want a lineup full of power hitters. Other than that, it should occur naturally once during your 30 games.

The first time I got it, I chopped a slow roller towards third and the ball went under the third basemans glove and the ball literally slowly rolled and stopped on the base.
Thanks for the tip, Woz! I am thinking of possibly increasing the difficulty and changing the hitting to "zone" instead of timing. Right now I hit line drives or hone runs every batter. Maybe use contact swing instead of normal or power?
__________________
PLATINUMS
Assassin's Creed 2
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Create
FIFA 12
Heavy Rain
L.A. Noire
MLB 12: The Show
MLB 13: The Show
NBA 2K12
NBA 2K13
NCAA Football 2012
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
The Godfather II
The Sims 3
Uncharted 3
redsoxaddict13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:05 AM   #4
JHChiBulls
 
JHChiBulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,685

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default

I'm curious, does the ball have to actually stop on the base or can the ball roll over the base but doesn't need to stop on the base?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Krid View Post
Sextuple my arse.
JHChiBulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:07 AM   #5
redsoxaddict13
 
redsoxaddict13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHChiBulls View Post
I'm curious, does the ball have to actually stop on the base or can the ball roll over the base but doesn't need to stop on the base?
I'm pretty sure it just has to hit it. It don't have to stop right on it, but maybe glance off the bag some way
__________________
PLATINUMS
Assassin's Creed 2
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Create
FIFA 12
Heavy Rain
L.A. Noire
MLB 12: The Show
MLB 13: The Show
NBA 2K12
NBA 2K13
NCAA Football 2012
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
The Godfather II
The Sims 3
Uncharted 3
redsoxaddict13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:50 AM   #6
JHChiBulls
 
JHChiBulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,685

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxaddict13 View Post
I'm pretty sure it just has to hit it. It don't have to stop right on it, but maybe glance off the bag some way
Thanks. The trophy would still be relatively luck based, but at least that makes it a bit easier to get.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Krid View Post
Sextuple my arse.
JHChiBulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:28 AM   #7
redsoxaddict13
 
redsoxaddict13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHChiBulls View Post
Thanks. The trophy would still be relatively luck based, but at least that makes it a bit easier to get.
HA! I must have terrible luck then because I am finding that this trophy is the hardest in the game simply because it requires no skill whatsoever. It takes playing game after game after game and missing it by the smallest of margins hundreds of times. This will probably be my last trophy before the plat. If anyone finds a work around for this trophy (not likely, but who knows) post it in this thread. Please and thank you.
__________________
PLATINUMS
Assassin's Creed 2
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Create
FIFA 12
Heavy Rain
L.A. Noire
MLB 12: The Show
MLB 13: The Show
NBA 2K12
NBA 2K13
NCAA Football 2012
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
The Godfather II
The Sims 3
Uncharted 3
redsoxaddict13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:58 AM   #8
Bud20078
 
Bud20078's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 434

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxaddict13 View Post
HA! I must have terrible luck then because I am finding that this trophy is the hardest in the game simply because it requires no skill whatsoever. It takes playing game after game after game and missing it by the smallest of margins hundreds of times. This will probably be my last trophy before the plat. If anyone finds a work around for this trophy (not likely, but who knows) post it in this thread. Please and thank you.
I got this one without even trying.

The only thing I did was, hit the ball, wasnt paying attention where it went.
I heard the "BING!", looked up and there was the "In The Bag" trophy. Its just pure luck to get it.
__________________
NOTICE: ANY AND ALL BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS WILL BE
DELETED AND WILL GET AN INSTANT BLOCK!



Bud20078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #9
Creoena
 
Creoena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 234
Default

I wonder if this trophy is poppable in multiplayer mode. Has anyone gotten it that way (either online or 2 controllers)? I bet you could 'try' for this by using two controllers and constantly throwing whatever pitch you think has the best shot at it over and over, if you can use two controllers for this.
__________________
Creoena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #10
redsoxaddict13
 
redsoxaddict13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creoena View Post
I wonder if this trophy is poppable in multiplayer mode. Has anyone gotten it that way (either online or 2 controllers)? I bet you could 'try' for this by using two controllers and constantly throwing whatever pitch you think has the best shot at it over and over, if you can use two controllers for this.
The trophy doesn't say it has to be against the CPU, so I don't see why not. Throw inside curveballs with one controller and swing early every time with the hitter. Might be MUCH more simple this way.
__________________
PLATINUMS
Assassin's Creed 2
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Create
FIFA 12
Heavy Rain
L.A. Noire
MLB 12: The Show
MLB 13: The Show
NBA 2K12
NBA 2K13
NCAA Football 2012
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
The Godfather II
The Sims 3
Uncharted 3
redsoxaddict13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:04 AM.