In the Bag?

redsoxaddict13

Has anyone found an easier way to get this trophy done. I have finished the crazy home run derby trophy and I am on my way for the perfect game and Everyone's a Winner trophies, but this one seems to be the most troubling. I'm sure it is completely luck based, but it doesn't hurt to ask if there is a way to increase the likelihood of hitting a bag

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hit it three times after returning my sliders to default. You certainly don't want a lineup full of power hitters. Other than that, it should occur naturally once during your 30 games.

The first time I got it, I chopped a slow roller towards third and the ball went under the third basemans glove and the ball literally slowly rolled and stopped on the base.

I hit it three times after returning my sliders to default. You certainly don't want a lineup full of power hitters. Other than that, it should occur naturally once during your 30 games.

The first time I got it, I chopped a slow roller towards third and the ball went under the third basemans glove and the ball literally slowly rolled and stopped on the base.

Thanks for the tip, Woz! I am thinking of possibly increasing the difficulty and changing the hitting to "zone" instead of timing. Right now I hit line drives or hone runs every batter. Maybe use contact swing instead of normal or power?

Thanks. :) The trophy would still be relatively luck based, but at least that makes it a bit easier to get.

HA! I must have terrible luck then because I am finding that this trophy is the hardest in the game simply because it requires no skill whatsoever. It takes playing game after game after game and missing it by the smallest of margins hundreds of times. This will probably be my last trophy before the plat. If anyone finds a work around for this trophy (not likely, but who knows) post it in this thread. Please and thank you.

HA! I must have terrible luck then because I am finding that this trophy is the hardest in the game simply because it requires no skill whatsoever. It takes playing game after game after game and missing it by the smallest of margins hundreds of times. This will probably be my last trophy before the plat. If anyone finds a work around for this trophy (not likely, but who knows) post it in this thread. Please and thank you.

I got this one without even trying.

The only thing I did was, hit the ball, wasnt paying attention where it went.

I heard the "BING!", looked up and there was the "In The Bag" trophy. Its just pure luck to get it.

I wonder if this trophy is poppable in multiplayer mode. Has anyone gotten it that way (either online or 2 controllers)? I bet you could 'try' for this by using two controllers and constantly throwing whatever pitch you think has the best shot at it over and over, if you can use two controllers for this.

The trophy doesn't say it has to be against the CPU, so I don't see why not. Throw inside curveballs with one controller and swing early every time with the hitter. Might be MUCH more simple this way.

You probably increase your chances swinging with :circle: and swinging early. Just don't try it with a max edit team with sliders turned up.

I find it's easiest with a minedit team...meaning all stats are set to 0. I obviously haven't gotten it yet but I've been playing around with two controllers to see what gets me the closest most frequently and all stats to 0 seems to...by the time the ball gets to the base it's not bouncing as much. I've gotten it 1 inch to the left, 1 inch to the right, 1 inch above the base, but haven't hit it yet.

I hit first base or at least it sure looked like I hit first base, but no trophy.

Check this out:

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg228/kileyj83/0310021735.jpg?t=1331433872

I went through all kinds of angles checking it. Oh well, hopefully this doesn't turn into another "Unassisted"

I hit first base or at least it sure looked like I hit first base, but no trophy.

Check this out:

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg228/kileyj83/0310021735.jpg?t=1331433872

I went through all kinds of angles checking it. Oh well, hopefully this doesn't turn into another "Unassisted"

It won't be that bad. Nothing could be. You and I struggled forever getting that one

I guess I feel lucky. I started my RttS career, first game, first at-bat, default sliders, 2nd pitch...... hard grounder down the right field line, trophy. It popped up off of the bag and went into foul territory (though it was fair, of course). I thought it was pretty cool.

It's one of only 2 or 3 trophies that I've got, lol, as I've only been playing RttS.

For the record, though, I now have about 200 AB's in the minors.... and this one at bat is the only time I've done it, so it's not like it happens all the time in RttS.

The way I play, though, I turn off all fielding opporunities, all baserunning opportunities, and I just hit. I enjoy it that way. Hit, Hit, Hit, Hit, build character, next game.... rinse, repeat. Maybe it's another way for you guys to try it, if you're having difficulties....

Edited by AceBD

You guys can try having a team full of weak hitters. They don't often hit balls hard into the outfield. Or try fielding a team with as many players as possible where the defense puts on the extreme shift to the right and drag bunt down the third base line.

I bunted most of my at bats to try to get through Everyone's a Winner as quick as possible and several balls would have hit the bag if the third baseman wasn't there.

Im on default sliders and hiting against McCarthy. I figured hitting against a ground ball pitcher cant hurt.

Edit: I finally got! I swung early with O and pulled an inside Sinker from McCarthy with Ian Desmond. I also had the 3B man edited to have slow reaction. Not sure if that mattered. He dove for the ball but it still hit the bag. GLAD thats over.

Edited by j4stringthang

I now have every trophy in the game except for this one! hahaha Just finished Everyone's a Winner tonight and I have been inches away from hitting the bag many, MANY times. It feels like the second base bag is impossible since the pitcher is in the way, so I guess I will have to try drag bunting with David Ortiz or something. Maybe on hard fastballs away? Can anyone confirm or deny that you can't use 2 controllers here? Thanks guys!

I finally got this bastard...thank you Rafael Furcal!

If folks want to know the situation...I pulled an inside pitch using contact swing. Furcal's stats weren't changed at all and mods are normal, on rookie difficulty, on singleplayer during my Everybody's a winner effort.

Here's an upload of the replay.

In the game I wound up getting this I had just tried some new slider settings, and I had at LEAST five balls that came within a foot of a bag until one actually hit 1st base.

My first suggestion, use circle... all the time. That is if you're not worried about winning the game and are specifically attempting to get this trophy. My sliders had contact 9/10, power 2/10, solid hits 8/10, foul balls 3/10. You definitely don't want maxed out power when going for this since you'll most likely hit the ball over the bag or hard enough that it bounces over the bag. Many of mine were hard grounders through the infield using this setup.

Good luck gents, with some perseverance I'm sure you'll all get it to pop.

Edited by Project Nemesis
grammar

In the game I wound up getting this I had just tried some new slider settings, and I had at LEAST five balls that came within a foot of a bag unitl one actually hit 1st base.

My first suggestion, use circle... all the time. That is if you're not worried about winning the game and are specifically attempting to get this trophy. My sliders had contact 9/10, power 2/10, solid hits 8/10, foul balls 3/10. You definitely don't want maxed out power when going for this since you'll most likely hit the ball over the bag or hard enough that it bounces over the bag. Many of mine were hard grounders through the infield using this setup.

Good luck gents, with some perseverance I'm sure you'll all get it to pop.

What team/player were you using when you got this?

UPDATE: WOW! These sliders are definitely the way to go if you are still searching for this trophy! One thing I might add is that you CAN fast forward to your at bats. Set the sliders as Project Nemesis recommends and fast forward to your at bats and bat every ball using :circle: took me 5 innings to get it using the Pittsburgh Pirates against Alexi Ogando and the Rangers. Finally got this platinum! Thanks PN!

Edited by redsoxaddict13