Any tips on HR Durby 10 hr trophy!!

SixthAxiSs

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not glitchy. It's possible. I got it using Jose Bautista, at U.S. Cellular field.

What i did is this:

As you may have noticed, it's not hard to hit 5 in a row, so i used 'power' swing to hit 5 straight, then went 'contact' the rest of the way. I use 'timing' to swing, so replicate the exact way you hit that button, like a pitcher would repeat his delivery.

They're not gonna make it easy for you, so watch what you swing at. Remember, this is a Gold, so after you hit 5, you won't get perfect pitches. In other words, take a pitch or two when you get to 7. Hit the 8th, take a pitch, and so on.

Above all, don't pull the ball. Swing for opposite field shots, so you don't over swing.

Don't mean to sound like an expert, but that approach worked for me. Bling!

It's not glitchy. It's possible. I got it using Jose Bautista, at U.S. Cellular field.

What i did is this:

As you may have noticed, it's not hard to hit 5 in a row, so i used 'power' swing to hit 5 straight, then went 'contact' the rest of the way. I use 'timing' to swing, so replicate the exact way you hit that button, like a pitcher would repeat his delivery.

They're not gonna make it easy for you, so watch what you swing at. Remember, this is a Gold, so after you hit 5, you won't get perfect pitches. In other words, take a pitch or two when you get to 7. Hit the 8th, take a pitch, and so on.

Above all, don't pull the ball. Swing for opposite field shots, so you don't over swing.

Don't mean to sound like an expert, but that approach worked for me. Bling!

This isn't entirely true. The swing is the same no matter which button you press, and the pitches don't change either. This home run derby is identical as the previous two years. They haven't changed any of the coding. This is also a little luck that plays into this, but a lot of skill as well.

I just hit 14 in a row, 29 total (looking at you Hamilwho?) and swung at every pitch. The problem that most people have is when they get to 6 or 7 in a row, their timing gets thrown off just a little. If your heart starts beating faster, then you're more likely to swing a millisecond earlier or later. Turn off the PA volume, reduce the crowd volume, turn off reverb, and crank up some music. Remember that you can add your own songs to the jukebox. This is how I got this and Hamilwho?

For the record, I used a edited Hanley Ramirez at Stomp Ground Field. Truth be told, the choice of stadium as little to no effect. I just use Stomp Ground because I like the backdrop and my eyes stay focused due to not having the see the crowd.

*EDIT*

I also had the bug with the bat, twice in fact, while going for the speaker in LA. It happened both tiimes after a home run, but for me it was after just a single one and after 3 in a row.

Edited by PS4Trophies Wozamil

I tried everything and seems to be glitchy after 8!!

Lulz

This trophy sucks though.

I have to disagree with Wozamil on the choice of ballpark not having an effect - it depends on your style I think. For me, I tend to hit everything to the power alleys and to center in HRD and don't pull too much down the line (especially with lefties since the ball tends to be thrown outside to them) so parks with long power alleys suck.

This home run derby is identical as the previous two years. They haven't changed any of the coding. This is also a little luck that plays into this, but a lot of skill as well.

I just hit 14 in a row, 29 total (looking at you Hamilwho?) and swung at every pitch. The problem that most people have is when they get to 6 or 7 in a row, their timing gets thrown off just a little. If your heart starts beating faster, then you're more likely to swing a millisecond earlier or later. Turn off the PA volume, reduce the crowd volume, turn off reverb, and crank up some music. Remember that you can add your own songs to the jukebox. This is how I got this and Hamilwho?

the HRD on 10, 11 and 12 feel different.

10 was a beast to try and hit that many in a row.

11 it was way to easy. you could do hamilwho? every round.

12 is like a mix of the 2 together. you get a good run going and then next thing you know you are hittin a massive foul ball or a just short of the wall pop fly.

For the record, I used a edited Hanley Ramirez at Stomp Ground Field. Truth be told, the choice of stadium as little to no effect. I just use Stomp Ground because I like the backdrop and my eyes stay focused due to not having the see the crowd.

I tried that one and immediately got the trophy. Woot for only 365 feet to center. I got it using a modified Matt Weiters - the 10th one bounced off the top of the center field wall for a HR :D. In any other park it wouldn't have been close.

Edited by Creoena
i no can spell goodly

This isn't entirely true. The swing is the same no matter which button you press, and the pitches don't change either. This home run derby is identical as the previous two years. They haven't changed any of the coding. This is also a little luck that plays into this, but a lot of skill as well.

*EDIT*

I also had the bug with the bat, twice in fact, while going for the speaker in LA. It happened both tiimes after a home run, but for me it was after just a single one and after 3 in a row.

The location of the pitches definitely change but typically I swing unless they are terrible. I too swung at every pitch and used Fielder at Yankee Stadium. I had 11 straight HRs and ended up with 29, again.

no chance for me to get this trophy. i mess up all the time after my 8th consecutive homerun. i have maxed out fielder, but no chance. maybe i try hanley, but no way. i hate this the same like Hamilwho? never got that either. hate.

no chance for me to get this trophy. i mess up all the time after my 8th consecutive homerun. i have maxed out fielder, but no chance. maybe i try hanley, but no way. i hate this the same like Hamilwho? never got that either. hate.

If you've hit 8 in a row, I think you'll get this. It's not as hard as Hamilwho?

3rd time getting 9 in a row was the charm for me. I used Fielder at the Stomp Grounds. Edited max on Fielder. Edited Sliders for hitting etc. After 6 or 7 in a row. take a break walk away. Come back hit another. Walk Away. repeat! Stay calm and I kept telling myself Wait for a good pitch. Keep you hands back! Don't pull it. Wait for it! Wait for it! NOW! Good Luck!

3rd time getting 9 in a row was the charm for me. I used Fielder at the Stomp Grounds. Edited max on Fielder. Edited Sliders for hitting etc. After 6 or 7 in a row. take a break walk away. Come back hit another. Walk Away. repeat! Stay calm and I kept telling myself Wait for a good pitch. Keep you hands back! Don't pull it. Wait for it! Wait for it! NOW! Good Luck!

Sliders have no affect in HRD. Editing players certainly works as you pointed out.

I actually found this one to be a lot easier than i thought it would be. I think that's mostly down to luck. I got it on my second attempt using Jose Bautista un-edited. All I was going for was the HR to specific location trophies. My first attempt was at Kaufman Stadium where I swear I hit that damm waterfall at least 20 times before that trophy decided to pop, and I also had the 8 HR streaks with Matt Kemp. Second attempt was at dodger stadium where by some incredible stroke of luck I not only went on a 17HR tear with Mr Joey Bats for the 10 in a row throphy on HR #11 it just happened to go 491ft. I told my wife wow that was amazing two trophies in less than 5 seconds.....deafening silence as she was playing mass effect 3 multiplayer and was oblivious to my celebration...sigh.

This trophy is definitely driving me nuts but it's really just a mix of timing and luck... when i got "hamilwho?", almost 2 years ago, it was the same way... It basically comes down to who & what park you feel most comfortable with.

I had a 9 HR streak on like my 5th try but bombed :wall:...I was at the dodgers stadium using a custom player with Albert Pojhals batting stance.

I might go try péna if hes even in 12... thats who i hit 40 with @ PNC park to get hamilwho?...:think:

[Edit] Well i just used Calos Pena @ PNC park.. hit 38 homers & got a 9 streak... i hate the developers!!!!!

Edited by Crazy-TrainZ28

I'm telling you guys, edited Ichiro Suzuki to max attributes and Ryan Braun's batting stance is the way to go! I don't know what it is, but I struggled with this for DAYS until I tried this combination at Stomp Ground (smallest dimensions). Hit about 18 in a row! Try it, stay relaxed, and don't be afraid to take some pitches.