Fish off a Barrel Trophy

Afracious

This could be this year's "Sell Your Body" type trophy. I got the game on Saturday (I've attained 21 trophies so far) and have been playing all games at Miami. It seems the only way to get this is to get a low foul tip or fly pop back to hit the Aquarium(s) behind home plate, in other words, another trophy where you have to be lucky. It's gettable eventually but it's just frustrating.

I was gutted earlier, I threw a perfect game except for my dozy first baseman dropping the ball at first and making an error. I've since thrown two 1-hitters so the perfect game trophy is attainable (I used edited rosters/sliders). Plowman seems to be a pain as well, I've tried holding up on the right analog stick (as the instructions say) to charge the catcher but the runner still slides. The 10 consecutive HRs in the derby is tough, most I've had so far is 7. The Meatball Buffet trophy is also a challenge.

Btw, this is how I got the In The Bag! trophy:

This could be this year's "Sell Your Body" type trophy. I got the game on Saturday (I've attained 21 trophies so far) and have been playing all games at Miami. It seems the only way to get this is to get a low foul tip or fly pop back to hit the Aquarium(s) behind home plate, in other words, another trophy where you have to be lucky. It's gettable eventually but it's just frustrating.

I was gutted earlier, I threw a perfect game except for my dozy first baseman dropping the ball at first and making an error. I've since thrown two 1-hitters so the perfect game trophy is attainable (I used edited rosters/sliders). Plowman seems to be a pain as well, I've tried holding up on the right analog stick (as the instructions say) to charge the catcher but the runner still slides. The 10 consecutive HRs in the derby is tough, most I've had so far is 7. The Meatball Buffet trophy is also a challenge.

Btw, this is how I got the In The Bag! trophy:

Yeah I was trying to tell people 10 Hrs wasn't a gold trophy for no reason. Anyway you should get fish in a barrel eventually just play all of your games in Miami while going for the win with every team trophy.

I think Sony was trying to piss off gamers who have little problems Platting sports games! These silly trophies have NHL series written all over them. How does Phony....er ah, Sony get the balls to put in so many 'luck based' trophies?

"Sell your body" still haunts me, to this day.

The best approach is like the line: 'see ya, when I see ya" Trophies, get ya if I get ya. If they pop, gravy. If not, mud....lolz!

i came close twice while i was playing today. twice i hit a low and outside pitch with contact swing (circle) and i missed the fish tank about an inch or so. that will do it for the most people i guess.

I just tried that and it worked. Took my til the 4th inning trying. Just pitching slightly outside the bottom of the strike zone with fastballs and hitting with contact swing. Put sliders on maximum fouls and minimum contact. Unfortunately I can't upload a video because the next pitch I hit fair and it was snagged by the first baseman for a catch automatically. By the time the trophy popped and I realised I'd got it, the replay on the foul had gone :(

I got to 8 home runs in the first 10 minutes of playin the game and my hands started shaking and I popped up the 9th one. I would have loved to get that one out of the way.

That trophy was a pain for me. I got to 9 once and the 10th hit the top of the wall. Got to 8 many times and was just short on the 9th. When I got it my 10th just scraped over the center field wall by an inch when I thought it was going to be short. I was so relieved to get it out of the way. Btw I used an edited Albert Pujols at Stomp. Tips for this are be patient and wait for pitches in the best area, which is the upper half of the strike zone over the middle of the plate. Put pitch speed at minimum as well.

I just got this trophy first game first batter.

It's pretty easy if you suck at hitting lol. I've hit it twice already in 3 innings.

You have to be SUPER late and barely make contact under the ball.

Edit- Also got the Winning trophy in my 3rd derby. Do it in Coors I needed there to hit 490ft but I already got the 10 in a row with Pena at US Cellular, it's short.

I just tried that and it worked. Took my til the 4th inning trying. Just pitching slightly outside the bottom of the strike zone with fastballs and hitting with contact swing. Put sliders on maximum fouls and minimum contact. Unfortunately I can't upload a video because the next pitch I hit fair and it was snagged by the first baseman for a catch automatically. By the time the trophy popped and I realised I'd got it, the replay on the foul had gone :(

i got this trophy a minute ago. i wasn't even trying to get it. i just played a normal game as the foul ball hit the tank. they showed the replay of the foul ball as a realized that i should geht the trophy, i was waiting and then "pling". i started to hit "start" to go to the replay to record it, but the pitcher was to fast with throwing the pitch so i couldn't record it.

swinging on time doesnt help hit a foul ball.

i tryed KCs home run trophy during a derby.

landed in 3 of the small ones and landed in both bigger sized ones a good amount of times in 1 derby and the trophy didnt pop.

guess this year for those trophies we have to play and get them in actual games.

I hit those waterfalls a few times before the trophy popped. As for the fish tank, I just played my first game and the first batter I pitched to nailed it on a foul tip. Unfortunately, it was the other team and not me but it does give me hope that it isn't as rare as it would sound.

The strategy is going to be play and win with each team and play in Miami until the trophy pops, and only worry about going for this if you managed to get get Everyone's a Winner first.

i just played one more game and in one inning it happened twice for me. first with bonifacio and then with reyes. both were on the left side of the plate. the pitcher was lefthanded. maybe righthanded hitter and lefthanded pitcher works best.

i did all the stadium trophies during HR derby.

I got this with the first batter. Was messing around with the new batting feature and ended up swinging very late and ended up fouling the ball back to the aquariums. So glad I got that one out of the way.

As for the waterfall trophy, I'm fairly sure you have to hit the bigger waterfall out in right centerfield just behind Party Porch. http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4097/4762946140_f4786934fc_o.jpg

I plan on playing my RttS career as a Marlin and trying to get it this way. I love the feeling of popping trophies like this, or the "Homerun off of this thingamabob" legitimate in RttS. It's worth the wait!

Edited by AceBD

First real game I played (not RTTS) was at Miami Marlins new stadium... first pitch of the game (playing against a buddy of mine offline) he foul tips it.... right off the aquarium :dance:

Try the HR Derby. Swing very late at a ball low and away. You should get it in due time.

swinging on time doesnt help hit a foul ball.

i tryed KCs home run trophy during a derby.

landed in 3 of the small ones and landed in both bigger sized ones a good amount of times in 1 derby and the trophy didnt pop.

guess this year for those trophies we have to play and get them in actual games.

False. I got the Waterfall trophy in HR Derby

I got all the ''Location home runs'' throphies in HR Derby, except for the Fish one...

The strange thing is that the CPU pitcher threw a wild pich behind the catcher, I didn't even swing and the trophy poped up ... i mean.. I NEVER saw that fish barrel/aquarium or whatever I was supposed to hit haha!

Thank you Red Sox pitcher!

Fish off a Barrel wasn't nearly as tedious as Sell Your Body. I wound up getting it by off a foul tip from the bat of Roy Halladay during a sacrifice bunt attempt. Really easy trophy, but it's kind of like In the Bag where it's a matter of luck. If you played every game for Everyone's a Winner at the Marlin's stadium, I can't imagine you not getting this.