For the greater good obtainable?

Ok I have tried just about everything from different pitchers, having all lefties, and all righties, different sliders, different difficulties....you name it...I have tried it. I have played 50+ games and I can seriously count the number of broken bats I got on one hand...and no balls were even close to going fair at all. I really thought the whole tips w Mariano vs the Lefties would take care of this trophy. My question is has ANYONE unlocked this trophy or is this some glitched trophy because it is tough to know because nobody is active on this forum besides me and chubby. Seems as though everyone bought it for PS3 and not the vita :( . IF you did unlock the trophy how did you unlock it? Settings, teams, sliders? Any of that information would be awesome. I just can't wait to get this plat over with! Thanks

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got 2 broken bats in 1 game with Alexi Ogando. Fuck this game, but why could of they not keep the same list.

And the biggest Moran added online trophies to the vita. You don't see the ball after it leaves the pitchers hand on 95% of the games bc other people's Wifi connection is horrible.

And the biggest Moran added online trophies to the vita. You don't see the ball after it leaves the pitchers hand on 95% of the games bc other people's Wifi connection is horrible.

wow that sounds comforting lol.....I don't know anymore. I just have a feeling that this plat will NOT happen for anyone. The online can still happen even if there is a connection issue.

I am wondering the same on these the online as well as the Broken Bat. I've played about 40 games and only have gotten one broken bat and the ball went foul...

The cutter might not be a bad idea, but I think I broke it on a 4 Seam way inside. But what batting style is everyone using? Maybe I'm in the wrong batting style for this... I use Zone Plus.

Also, since it was brought up, I have a rather stable connection but I can't ever get anyone online to play, so if you're looking for a game, hit me up with a FR and we can play.

I am wondering the same on these the online as well as the Broken Bat. I've played about 40 games and only have gotten one broken bat and the ball went foul...

The cutter might not be a bad idea, but I think I broke it on a 4 Seam way inside. But what batting style is everyone using? Maybe I'm in the wrong batting style for this... I use Zone Plus.

Also, since it was brought up, I have a rather stable connection but I can't ever get anyone online to play, so if you're looking for a game, hit me up with a FR and we can play.

We can try to boost broken bats online. Lets just keep pitching inside, then when it stays fair don't throw to first base. ADD me

Yeah this is harder than the "Sell Your Body" trophy from last years game. I also think boosting the online trophies is the only way to go cause the online is crap. Just don't play too many games in a row with the same person or they will give you a temporary ban. Happened to me with MLB 10.

You got the platinum, and did you boost the online?

It looks like we need to boost this. If so add me

Edited by chubbylv1

That is due to the lack of Diamond Dynasty. They had to replace it with something. What sucks, is they didn't get creative and duplicated trophies from past years.

As for the broken bat base hit, your odds increase against 100 MPH heaters. Increase the chances of reaching first by editing the opposing team players run speed to its lowest as well as throwing strength. Also, decrease fielder speed and reaction.

Edit your teams individual player's speed to max and increase base runner speed sliders. You want to increase the likely hood of reaching first safely when you do manage to hit a broken bat pitch fair. Yes, it's a luck based trophy, but unlike Sell Your Body, there is some things you can do to increase your chances.

I finally got For The Greater Good this morning. Took about 30 games of guessing and only swinging at inside pitches against Rivera. What helped is around game 25 I switched to using the Astros with increased speed and baserunning. Using crappy hitters seems to also up the chance at a broken bat since they can't square it up as well. I'll post my rosters and sliders today in the vault and call them "broken bat". Use the Astros vs. Pirates.

I finally got For The Greater Good this morning. Took about 30 games of guessing and only swinging at inside pitches against Rivera. What helped is around game 25 I switched to using the Astros with increased speed and baserunning. Using crappy hitters seems to also up the chance at a broken bat since they can't square it up as well. I'll post my rosters and sliders today in the vault and call them "broken bat". Use the Astros vs. Pirates.

Not using crappy hitters may have been my problem. I used my edited Giants team with all 99 hitters. I will try your roster and sliders to see if that helps. I had adjusted Rivera and the sliders before, but it can't hurt to try your saves. Thanks for posting, hope it works.

You got the platinum, and did you boost the online?

It looks like we need to boost this. If so add me

I gave up on the MLB 10 plat because I couldn't get the damn Hamilwho trophy. I did get the online trophies before the temporary ban. I was able to get the MLB 11 platinum though.

Anyways sent you a friend request to boost the online trophies. Maybe we do a few games a day.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Can this one be done on an online game?

EDIT:

Got this sucker!!! FINALLY!!!!

In case anyone is wondering what I had to do, this is what I did:

Edited Giants stats to 100 RT LT contact, Speed, BR Ability on entire lineup.

Edited Giants stats to have 0 RT and LT power on entire lineup.

Edited Giants to ALL be left handed batters on entire lineup.

Edited Phillies to all have 0 Speed, Arm Strength, Arm Accuracy, Reaction and Fielding Ability (some of these stats might not be related to fielding, if you know which these are you can ignore modifying these).

Edited Roy Halladay to have these pictches in this order:

-Cutter

-2 Seam FB

-4 Seam FB

Edited Roy Halladay to have 100 in EVERY stat in the Pitching Attributes.

For sliders:

Human Contact, Power, Timing, Solid Hits, Starter Stamina, Reliever Stamina all on FULL.

Human Foul Freq on EMPTY.

CPU Pitcher Control, Consistency on FULL.

CPU Strike Freq on HALF.

CPU Manager Hook, Pickoffs all on EMPTY.

Pitch Speed, Fielder Run Speed, Reaction, Arm Strength, Wind all on EMPTY.

Fielding Errors, Throwing Errors, Baserunner Speed all on FULL.

For User Settings:

(Batting & Baserunning)

Hitting Difficulty - Rookie

Hitting Interface - Zone

Plate Coverage Indicator - On

Guess Pitch - Default

Baserunning Decisions - Auto

Sliding Decisions - On

(General)

Umpire Close Plays - On

Now on to the strategy!

Pick the Giants vs Phillies

You will be facing Halladay. For EVERY pitch, just keep guessing inside (Press R and move left stick exactly to the right).

Ignore every pitch until you get the sound feedback that you guessed right. So this pitch is coming inside. Swing with circle ONLY. Try and make it a tad late. If you did not get a broken bat, or it broke and went foul, try again and again. Chances are, your broken bat will be on a cutter. I've never had it on the 4 or 2 Seam FB. If the inning ends, just skip to your next at bat. The chances are high that you will keep scoring through these attempts which might get Halladay pulled from the mound (which is why we changed Manager Hook to empty in the sliders, so it won't happen as easily), in which case restart.

This is the easiest way I have found to get a broken bat. I've started my quest for this trophy this morning with all guns blazing. I did try a couple of times in the past few weeks with no custom settings to see if this randomly happens, but it never did. These settings were made up for this trophy this morning, and I already have this trophy later in the same day. It did take a lot of tries though. Since i made these settings, I've had at least 15 broken bats that went foul, and 2 broken bats that were fair but I got thrown out out of which one was SO FRIGGIN CLOSE (because earlier in the day I had not changed my speed and fielding stats on the Phillies. I almost threw my PSV on the floor and crushed it to bits with my foot).

If anyone would like me to upload these slider settings and roster to the Vault, let me know and I'll figure out how to get that done.

So anyway, hope this is helpful to anyone trying to get this stupid luck based, brutal trophy.

Now all I need are the two online trophies to plat this :D

Edited by Lok3sh

• 4 weeks later...
Can this one be done on an online game?

EDIT:

Got this sucker!!! FINALLY!!!!

In case anyone is wondering what I had to do, this is what I did:

Edited Giants stats to 100 RT LT contact, Speed, BR Ability on entire lineup.

Edited Giants stats to have 0 RT and LT power on entire lineup.

Edited Giants to ALL be left handed batters on entire lineup.

Edited Phillies to all have 0 Speed, Arm Strength, Arm Accuracy, Reaction and Fielding Ability (some of these stats might not be related to fielding, if you know which these are you can ignore modifying these).

Edited Roy Halladay to have these pictches in this order:

-Cutter

-2 Seam FB

-4 Seam FB

Edited Roy Halladay to have 100 in EVERY stat in the Pitching Attributes.

Thought I'd respond to this post.

Could just be how shitty it is, because obviously I'm still working on it. It's the last trophy I need to platinum the game....but using this setup I haven't seen a single broken bat yet (through 4 games).

I'm curious if you really meant to have Batting Power at 0. If not, so be it, I'll keep going at it like I have. This just seemed like the first real detailed post into a possible method.

This trophy is a real downer. I've never had a broken bat ball stay fair.

I'm still working on it. Played about 6 games with the above settings, but being weak on power just doesn't make sense to me. Never saw a broken bat.

Lowering to 10 contact and full power and trying the same strategy after just playing about 6 more games in my general franchise with no special settings for breaking the bat. At least saw a broken bat in that, so hoping with full power and low contact I can get it done soon.

It's rage inducing trophy when you have every single trophy other than it. It's not like I didn't already play over 30 games for the online trophies and many many more for all the others as well.

Will definitely update if any of this works out for me, but yeah, it's probably just purely luck.

I'm still working on it. Played about 6 games with the above settings, but being weak on power just doesn't make sense to me. Never saw a broken bat.

Lowering to 10 contact and full power and trying the same strategy after just playing about 6 more games in my general franchise with no special settings for breaking the bat. At least saw a broken bat in that, so hoping with full power and low contact I can get it done soon.

It's rage inducing trophy when you have every single trophy other than it. It's not like I didn't already play over 30 games for the online trophies and many many more for all the others as well.

Will definitely update if any of this works out for me, but yeah, it's probably just purely luck.

Sorry about the late reply, but yes 0 power worked for me. I don't know why, but full power never gave me any broken bats. I decided to try the other extreme because I did remember reading someone else recommending 0 power. And also a team with weak batters. This was a pain in the ass trophy and I wish you luck with it.