Any tips for 'Winning"

chubbylv1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying it too, and I still haven't gotten it, but like he said Pujols is a good one.

Another good one is Michael Morse of the Nationals. I got 9 in a row with him several times, and I did it once at the Petco. Any hitter friendly park is a good option, but I think Yankees Stadium, Rangers Ballpark, Kauffman Stadium, and Coors Field are all the best for hitting ones out so try it at any of those.

Other hitters:

Prince Fielder

Jose Bautista

Mike Napoli

Matt Kemp

Ryan Braun

Keep at it and good luck, I'll post when I get it and with who and where.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got to eight in a row before I grounded out; so close! I prefer Bautista, since I can time his swing a little better. I know a lot of people recommend Pujols, but I just can't get used to his batting stance.

Be patient, and most importantly, keep your eye on the ball! If it looks like a meat sandwich mid to high in the zone, then swing for the fences. If it looks like it's coming in low, then let it ride. If you hit a couple, take off for a few pitches. It's easy to get worked up as you start to build that count up. Let the CPU pitch a few before starting to swing again. It'll give you a chance to calm your nerves.

EDIT: I finally got it a bit earlier today. Jose Bautista with nothing modified, in All Star Stadium. You don't need to hold the stick in any particular direction. Just practice, practice, practice to get the timing right, and simply tap X at pitches that are not low in the zone. If you don't get it by the time Bautista is out, pause the game and restart. (Recommended that you set it for 10 outs, so you have the most chances.)

Edited by Mitsar

• 2 months later...

OMG I got this!! Just when it was starting to look like a lost cause!!!! :eek: This one was pretty brutal... Took me like 4 hours of unrelenting tries. Here is what I did in case it helps anyone.

First off, I suck at batting so if you do too then there is still hope lol.

I picked Jose Bautista and I maxed his stats out.

I tried at the all star stadium and using only X I came VERY close two or three times. I had like one 9 and a couple of 8s. And then I switched stadiums to the Yankee stadium and tried there for a bit and realized I couldn't hit homers as easily anymore with X and so switched to [ ] (that's a square lol) instead. Don't know if this actually makes a difference or if it was just all in my head, but my homers started going much further and I got more in a row. I hit 8 once or twice more. (I was playing without sound BTW).

And then all of a sudden, I started getting bored and losing hope. I turned on the sound but just the effects and low crowd volume and the first ball I hit sounded so good after 4 hours of no sound play. Made a very satisfying craking sound. And then another... and another and another and all of a sudden the trophy was mine :eek: I didn't lay off a single pitch! Just somehow got hit after hit that went perfectly into the crowd. Managed 11!!! And then the 12th was a foul...

I'm sorry my "advice" is more of a story (and a long winded one at that) but hopefully this will be of some encouragement to anyone looking to get this supremely irritating trophy!

• 2 weeks later...

congrats........im still working on this one. I gave up. Finally someone posted what button they used. Imo it does matter if you use O X or Square. I noticed a pattern too with laying off and it did seem like using a diff stadium if you used a diff button aka XO or Square you could hit more in a row. I will give this a go again tonight. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the double post but I am sooooooo freakin lucky. I got WINNING with Prince Fielder with 99 RT,LT CONTACT AND 99 RT,LT POWER. I didn't change anything else. I played in WHITE SOX (US CELL). I hit 1 HR followed by 3 Fouls. Then I hit 3hrs took 3, 1hr-took 3, etc til 10. On the 11th, I fouled it. I just got the broken bat single yesterday and now this. All I need is the online and I am finally done with this.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got this tonight and I have no idea how long it took me. I think I tried it four or five different times, for multiple hours at a time. It was much, much easier on the PS3.

I tried many different techniques at several different parks (I really don't think the park matters) with a few different right-hand hitters. Eventually I considered that a lefty may be more effective because the pitcher is a righty. So I maxed out Prince Fielder and went to Arizona and got the trophy fairly quickly.

I lowered the pitch speed slider all the way down and used the same strategy I used on the PS3: Swing immediately after the pitch breaks (once you see it break, swing). I think it's harder to homer on faster pitches. They don't break very much and are harder to judge. I feel like you can homer on any pitch if timed properly, but it's easier to read the break of the slower ones. I didn't take any pitches when I hit 10 in a row, but it probably helps to only swing at belt-high, slower pitches in the middle of the plate.

Lastly, I only swung with :square:, but I'm pretty sure the swing button you choose is irrelevant.

• 5 weeks later...