For the Greater Good Tips...

Does anyone have any tips on how to get a broken bat base hit? I have tried almost everything. I am currently trying to do this with a maxed out Jays team all left hand hitters Vs a maxed out Rivera from the Yanks

-stamina 99, pitching clutch 99, H/9 84, HR/9 76, K/9 83, BB/9 87,all pitching attributes MAX on everything.

Sliders pitchers stamina MAX, Pitch speed MAX

I think you have to get an inside pitch and get a jammed hit. I can get broken bats but never fair. I also fast forward to the next half inning so i dont waste time pitching.

What are your current set ups? anyone have any fool prove way?

This trophy is more annoying then trying to find a game online FFS.

:mad:

This is the last offline trophy I need and I don't see it happening. Like you, every broken bat hit I've gotten has been foul. I've even tried using zone hitting and put the eye on the outside of the strikezone to make any inside pitch jam me and nothing. This trophy smells of the diving foul ball catch from last year.

Don't forget to increase your run speed and baserunner speed sliders in the event it does go fair. Also, slow moving defenders with no arm strength is important. I've hit a couple broken bat fair balls. For those inside pitches, you almost have to swing a little late otherwise they will go foul. Of course, if it's to far inside, it's hard to have go fair.

This is also my last offline trophy. Is there a certain hitting interface I should be using? I was using timing, but I am guessing zone is probably the better way to go so I can reach across the plate and hopefully get jammed. Also do you use power, regular or contact swing? I did the other things like switch hitters to LH and maxed out Rivera, but I haven't even had one broken bat fair or foul.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Im having a ton of trouble with these last 2 luck based trophies. Theres got to be some way to better my chances.

*edit* Finally got the trophy today. just guess for inside pitches and when you have one coming aim outside. Its still pure luck but now all I need is 375 more XP for the plat.

Edited by Lord_Helmut_81
just got trophy

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got this shit trophy. Had everything on default. Only thing I changed was some sliders. Maxed out base runners speed and zeroed fieldings speed and reaction. Everything else on default and playing on allstar. Faced the Yankees and was the mariners. Simmed when I wasn't at bat. Only swung on inside pitches and finally in the first game about the 4th inning broke the bat on a slow ground ball at the pitcher. By the time fat cc got there I beat out the throw. Hope this helps anyone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anymore tips I'm all ears. For now I have to throw in the towel on this one. Since playing MLB 09 through the current 12 edition I have never gotten a broken bat hit. I have had some broken bats, but no hits. So the odds are not in my favor, no reason to waste time trying to get it.

I was so freaking closee...... I forgot to put the sliders all the way down... I would of gotten the trophy by now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got the trophy today. Used Rivera and adjusted all sliders as mentioned above. Also adjusted the Orioles roster to have all lefties with max speed.

I guessed inside cutters every pitch and only swung when I guessed right. I used a contact swing swinging to the outside of the plate, and tried to be late on my timing. Got it in the 2nd game I used this method, when I hit a ground ball to third base that my batter beat out.

Now for those damn online trophies...

• 2 weeks later...