XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS Vita Games > All PS Vita Games > M (Vita) > MLB 12: The Show (Vita)

Old 03-21-2012, 11:23 AM   #1 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default For the Greater Good Tips...

Does anyone have any tips on how to get a broken bat base hit? I have tried almost everything. I am currently trying to do this with a maxed out Jays team all left hand hitters Vs a maxed out Rivera from the Yanks

-stamina 99, pitching clutch 99, H/9 84, HR/9 76, K/9 83, BB/9 87,all pitching attributes MAX on everything.

Sliders pitchers stamina MAX, Pitch speed MAX

I think you have to get an inside pitch and get a jammed hit. I can get broken bats but never fair. I also fast forward to the next half inning so i dont waste time pitching.

What are your current set ups? anyone have any fool prove way?

This trophy is more annoying then trying to find a game online FFS.
greenbaido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

This is the last offline trophy I need and I don't see it happening. Like you, every broken bat hit I've gotten has been foul. I've even tried using zone hitting and put the eye on the outside of the strikezone to make any inside pitch jam me and nothing. This trophy smells of the diving foul ball catch from last year.
ch2423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Wozamil

Awards Showcase Guide Supplement Platinum   First PS4 Game Nights   Member of the Month Winner   Bronzer Than Nothing   Jack of All Trades   Awesome Mystery Award   Bright Idea!   Word of Mouth - Platinum   5,000 Posts   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   A+ Thread Award   Call of Duty 4 Birthday
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)

Don't forget to increase your run speed and baserunner speed sliders in the event it does go fair. Also, slow moving defenders with no arm strength is important. I've hit a couple broken bat fair balls. For those inside pitches, you almost have to swing a little late otherwise they will go foul. Of course, if it's to far inside, it's hard to have go fair.

Wozamil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5

I can confirm this trophy is glitched, as i hit a broken bat base hit towards 3rd base. The throw to first was a wild one and sailed over the player it was an error. Horseshit. say it with me "this trophy is horseshit"
greenbaido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:59 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Wozamil

Awards Showcase Guide Supplement Platinum   First PS4 Game Nights   Member of the Month Winner   Bronzer Than Nothing   Jack of All Trades   Awesome Mystery Award   Bright Idea!   Word of Mouth - Platinum   5,000 Posts   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   A+ Thread Award   Call of Duty 4 Birthday
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)

If the third baseman committed an error, it's not ruled a base hit. It sucks, yes, but not a glitch.

Wozamil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:14 AM   #6 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

This is also my last offline trophy. Is there a certain hitting interface I should be using? I was using timing, but I am guessing zone is probably the better way to go so I can reach across the plate and hopefully get jammed. Also do you use power, regular or contact swing? I did the other things like switch hitters to LH and maxed out Rivera, but I haven't even had one broken bat fair or foul.

Retired Trophy Hunter
tbond22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Wish more people were playing the Vita version. I can't get this trophy and it is the last one I need. Any other tips other that the above?

Retired Trophy Hunter
tbond22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbond22 View Post
Wish more people were playing the Vita version.
I always say this to myself.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:10 AM   #9 (permalink)

Yah Im in the same boat.....can barely get a broken bat.....never even had a ball come close to being fair.

PROUDEST PLATS
-LITTLE DEVIANTS
-COD: BLACK OPS DECLASSIFIED
knoxville363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:55 AM   #10 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze

Im having a ton of trouble with these last 2 luck based trophies. Theres got to be some way to better my chances.

*edit* Finally got the trophy today. just guess for inside pitches and when you have one coming aim outside. Its still pure luck but now all I need is 375 more XP for the plat.

Last edited by Lord_Helmut_81; 05-15-2012 at 04:51 PM. Reason: just got trophy
Lord_Helmut_81 is offline   Reply With Quote