Psychic

colindidit22

Does anyone know of any picture with just two pitches? because i tried using wakefield lowering the stats of everything but his Knuckleball and hes not consistently throwing the knuckleball. and im not swinging at any of it either

well ive noticed it doesnt exist...so what the hell should i do lol

Edited by colindidit22
found an answer

I got lucky. I took every pitch until I needed to swing, mainly because I had read some people having trouble getting the trophy to pop up when it was spread across more than 1 inning. The first 10 pitches were all Knuckleballs, so Psychic was one of the easier trophies for me.

Now, Sell Your Body and Pesky are another story. They're the only non-RTTS and non-Online trophies I've yet to get.

I just got trophy blue balls..he threw 9 straight knuckles...then a fastball...wow

Happened to me many a time... The most common streak breaker for me was curveball on pitch #9. I actually never had a 9 knuckleball streak, just went straight from 8 to 10.

And to someone who said pesky was hard... Just try editing a pitcher to have a 4 seam, 2 seam, and changeup, and have them all be the same speed. All three of these pitches can be in the high 80s. Then use a max contact player and contact swing, up the Human Foul Frequency slider. Shouldn't be too hard.

For Pesky, I found getting this against Wakefield (just like Psychic) was helpful. Obviously, crank up the Human Foul Frequency slider to max first. Guess Knuckleball each time and let him throw a few. Unless you want to tweak CPU strike frequency, control, etc., Wakefield will probably get ahead in the count really quickly (he did for me anyway). Just use Contact swing from there and try to foul off pitches. It might vary from person to person but since the knuckler is so slow I found it easier to purposely (and sometimes not purposely) be off on my timing. It wasn't too hard to get enough fouls for the Trophy.

Not a guaranteed method, but it might help.

I finally got this trophy after trying for legit hours. Best way to do it is to not even edit Wakefield. Just start a normal game. If he doesn't throw 10 straight knucklers to start, just restart the game. I did this 3 times, because I was amazed that it worked this way. what a pain in the ass to get.

Even though you already got it, I got psychic playing against CC. I demolished his confidence with his other pitches, so he pretty much used a straight up fastball low-ish and inside for about 15 pitches. If you take pitches, it's not as hard even with the people who have like 5 pitch types in their arsenal; I rarely see anyone offline use everything, and they seem to alternate between 3.

for the pesky trophy...does anyone think that if you get six fouls and ur at a 0-2 count and switch teams and intentionally walked the batter you would get it ? i mean an intentional walk is 4 pitches

I did something similar. I was 0-2 on a count and had fouled off 4 pitches. I switched teams and did 3 balls wayyy outside so my guy wouldn't swing at them. I switched back and had a 3-2 count with 9 pitches thrown. As soon as I fouled off the 10th pitch, the trophy popped. I could have basically done anything on that 10th pitch and got it.

The intentional walk might not work since you'll still be playing as the other team when the at bat finishes, plus an intentional walk is only 1 pitch in The Show. I know it does this to speed the game up, but I'm not sure if it counts as 4 individual pitches. I'll have to check my pitch count before and after next time I throw one.

I finally got this trophy after trying for legit hours. Best way to do it is to not even edit Wakefield. Just start a normal game. If he doesn't throw 10 straight knucklers to start, just restart the game. I did this 3 times, because I was amazed that it worked this way. what a pain in the ass to get.

what team did you play as because depending on the team & batter he will throw differently.

I did something similar. I was 0-2 on a count and had fouled off 4 pitches. I switched teams and did 3 balls wayyy outside so my guy wouldn't swing at them. I switched back and had a 3-2 count with 9 pitches thrown. As soon as I fouled off the 10th pitch, the trophy popped. I could have basically done anything on that 10th pitch and got it.

The intentional walk might not work since you'll still be playing as the other team when the at bat finishes, plus an intentional walk is only 1 pitch in The Show. I know it does this to speed the game up, but I'm not sure if it counts as 4 individual pitches. I'll have to check my pitch count before and after next time I throw one.

counts as 1.

always has in this series and others for that matter.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know of any picture with just two pitches? because i tried using wakefield lowering the stats of everything but his Knuckleball and hes not consistently throwing the knuckleball. and im not swinging at any of it either

well ive noticed it doesnt exist...so what the hell should i do lol

I had the EXACT same problem... just keep playing games with Wakefield. He will eventually give you the sequence that nets you your (G) trophy:)

• 1 year later...

To the guy who got 10 in a row and it didn't pop, are you sure your difficulty is All-Star or higher and you didn't include guesses of just location in there? I did both of these things and got 10 in a row both times with no pop until I actually sat down and READ the description. Then I took 2 shots of vodka to calm my absolute rage. Trying it again.