Platinum Difficulty Rating

funkyweed

Rate the trophy difficulty...  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

NOTE: Due to the server closure, the platinum for this game is no longer attainable

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_6.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.90

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

WTF??? Who gave this a 10? I gave it a 4 & thats only because a few trophies where kinda annoying. I only need "Challenger" & "Seasoned" for plat but challenger should pop today & seasoned is easy but a little time consuming. Unlike the previous 2 Show games i am happy to report that NO controller lost its life during "Operation MLB 11 Platinum"

Edited by Crazy-TrainZ28

WTF??? Who gave this a 10? I gave it a 4 & thast only because a few trophies where kinda annoying. I only need "Challenger" & "Seasoned" for plat but challenger should pop today & seasoned is easy but a little time consuming. Unlike the previous 2 Show games i am happy to report that NO controller lost its life during "Operation MLB 11 Platinum"

lol theres always 1 guy that gives every game a 1 or a 10 haha.

I wouldn't vote on this until we see what's up with Challenger. As of right this minute this game could potentially shoot way up if it's supposed to read Top 33 players or Top 3% instead of the stated 33%. To be continued...

EDIT > Whew no worries after all, it just took 12 hours longer than everyone expected to pop!

Edited by TwiztidDGM

I wouldn't vote on this until we see what's up with Challenger. As of right this minute this game could potentially shoot way up if it's supposed to read Top 33 players or Top 3% instead of the stated 33%. To be continued...

Very true but dont you think "Challenger" would've been a gold if it was that difficult? I mean they paraded this game with easy golds so top 33 ot top 3% should definitely b a gold. I think sony is just lazy & hasnt updated it yet but only time will tell.:confused:

Edited by Crazy-TrainZ28

Very true but dont you think "Challenger would've been a gold if it was that difficult? I mean they paraded this game with easy golds so top 33 ot top 3% should definitely b a gold. I think sony is just lazy & hasnt updated it yet but only time will tell.:confused:

I agree w/ this (that sonys lazy). But I would qualify for top 3% and still havent gotten a trophy.

I'd give this a 5, only because I've been struggling with Pesky and Sell Your Body. Other than that, it's time consuming for everything else, but not overly difficult or anything.

I hear ya about "Pesky" & "Sell Your Body". I've all I could to get those 2 trophies. Really hard to face 10 straight pitches, even when you edit a pitcher so you can try & get it. Half of the time, they throw perfect strikes.

Well I have beat all 3 MLB the Show games now. Yes, 2011 is the easiest but I would still rate it a 4 or solid 5 in difficulty.

MLB the Show 09 - 6.

MLB the Show 10 - 8 (mainly because of Hamilton trophy and online bans)

MLB the Show 11 - 4 or 5.

All 3 games have some online trophies to deal with. But for the most part if you chance the sliders you can get almost all trophies with just some grind time.

I just got plat. This is the easiest out of the 3 MLB the show games. Rated it a 4.

I noticed you had your name on the platinum/100% club for MLB '11 the show. How do you do that? Cause I got my platinum March 14th 8:08pm EST time.

I should have gotten it 12 hours earlier because of the top 33% trophy. It took all day for it to pop up. That was the last trophy I got for platinum.

Oh, btw my psn Fish613 (in case of proof, I know how picky and annoyed some ppl get about needing proof)

Edited by tennisgurl12078

I noticed you had your name on the platinum/100% club for MLB '11 the show. How do you do that? Cause I got my platinum March 14th 8:08pm EST time.

I should have gotten it 12 hours earlier because of the top 33% trophy. It took all day for it to pop up. That was the last trophy I got for platinum.

Oh, btw my psn Fish613 (in case of proof, I know how picky and annoyed some ppl get about needing proof)

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/maximum-clubs/23625-platinum-club-sign-up-thread.html

You have to sign up. Top 5 is first come first serve. BUT they will adjust the top 5 by time. But if you are #6 to request, it doesn't matter when your time was. You wont be in the top 5. i got burned by that before.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got that damn "Sell Your Body" trophy. I wanted to pull my hair out going for that one. I guess I would have to go with a 7 on MLB 11. I thought getting in the top 33% of a COTW was going to be hard, but I got it in my second week and didn't buying any extra attempts. I only managed a few hits, but I guess that was good enough for the top 33%. I found the trophies for MLB 11 a lot more fun to get than the trophies for MLB 10.

• 2 months later...

I voted a 4; more time-consuming than anything else.

It took a while to simulate through the seasons to earn the $20MM in RTTS (I was able to get big raises in arbitration), play enough people online to get 500 XP, as well as simulating to get the 130 steals in a season.

I was lucky enough to get "Sell Your Body" by making a legit head-first diving catch with Brian McCann in my game to earn the secret "Tough Loss" trophy (NL All-Stars vs. some random AA team).

Thanks to all of the contributors for all of the help and tips in the trophy guide & the forum. Adjusting the sliders to make the CPU hitting/contact zero while making the foul ball frequency 100 was vital.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This platinum wasn't that difficult, especially considering I don't plat games very often. I'll give it a 6, at least there weren't any ones like the old game where you had to play through whole seasons in franchise mode and do the stupid home run derby.

Sell your body was extremely difficult and I actually got it a glitched way. Went for the ball and my guy got close so I dove, the other guy came in and caught it and the trophy popped 10 seconds later.

Just got my MLB 11 Platinum. I gave it a 6 rating because it is a grind hour wise and a couple of the trophies where kind of hard and frustrating to get. "Sell Your Body" was a pain in my u know what.

Overall I really enjoyed getting this Platinum though. Get game just like the previous ones. I still need 1 more trophy in MLB 10 and then I will have 2 MLB Platinums. Just need to hit 29 HRs in a single HRD. Hopefully I will get that soon. :D