Your RTTS Season

Bud20078

I'm making this thread to see what teams you guys were drafted by and see how you guys are doing during your first year of your careers.

I was drafted by The Boston Red Sox. Right now I'm with their Double A team, The Portland Sea Dogs. Heres my stats so far:

Team: Portland Sea Dogs

Games Played: 35

Batting Avg: .414 (1st In League)

Home Runs: 10 (1st In League)

RBI: 39 (1st In League)

SB: 0

I lead the league in Batting Avg, Doubles, Home Runs, RBI's. I'm 2nd in voting for 1st basemen for the All Star game. Right now, I'm ready to ask for a trade. Team is dead last in the division.

Edited by Bud20078

I got snubbed for the All Star game. Started on the bench for the first month, but by the break I was batting .356 with 21 home runs as the starter. On the plus side, my contract expired that season and went from 500k per year to 21 million after winning arbitration.

lol and I thought I was being greedy when I asked for 12 as a reliever. 21 is alot.

I got snubbed for the All Star game. Started on the bench for the first month, but by the break I was batting .356 with 21 home runs as the starter. On the plus side, my contract expired that season and went from 500k per year to 21 million after winning arbitration.

And Im guessing you have "The Bacon" trophy! *KICK* :whistle:

My first year I was very surprised to make the bigs in August, and I spent the rest of the season mopping up for the Dodgers.

But now that I'm in my second year, instead of being in the starting rotation at AAA getting 1500 points a month, I'm stuck in long relief in the MLB getting well less than 1000 points a month. And the frustrating thing is I've passed all my goals but 1, but I haven't even been moved to middle relief yet.

Any ideas?

My first year I was very surprised to make the bigs in August, and I spent the rest of the season mopping up for the Dodgers.

But now that I'm in my second year, instead of being in the starting rotation at AAA getting 1500 points a month, I'm stuck in long relief in the MLB getting well less than 1000 points a month. And the frustrating thing is I've passed all my goals but 1, but I haven't even been moved to middle relief yet.

Any ideas?

go to interactions after each goal period has ended and ask to be in the rotation. If they say you're not ready say you unhappy w/ your contract and they may trade you. Itll eventually work, and youll be a starter.

I just noticed something. Playing my RTTS with the Pawtucket Red Sox, stupid 3rd base coach waved me on to home plate. I have a collision with the catcher & of course he holds onto the ball. Dont they drop the ball in this thing? Ive had a dozen collisions with the catcher and not one of them has EVER dropped the ball. What gives? Do I have to spike him in the nuts to get him to drop it? :p

And another thing I noticed. Every time I get on base, the batters that follow me in the line up almost always strike or ground out. To me, it looks like these guys dont care if we win or not.

Edited by Bud20078

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Quincy Clapsaddle 1B

Arizona Diamondbacks drafted 2011 - Signed 1yr deal with the MLB level for 2013 season

Season Stats are as follows: Led League in each area

Avg: .426

Hits: 246

HR 89 (Single Season Record)

RBI 203 (Single Season Record)

Runs 139

SLG% .981

OPS 1.413

My team DID NOT make the playoffs & I recieved the following awards

Triple Crown

Silver Slugger

NL MVP

NL Rookie of the Year

Hank Aaron Award

All games were played NOT SIMMED!! & the difficulty was on veteran. I started out horrible batting .142 with 2 HR & 8 RBI in myfirst 3 weeks then I TOOK OFF!:D

NOTE: The best part of the season was after it was over NOT 1 TEAM offered me a contract & the Diamondbacks ended up offering me a 1yr deal for 855,000!:eek: I don't want to sound cocky but I think my stats deserve a little more than that!:rant:

Edited by chewbacon

• 4 weeks later...

I had a Knuckeballer that, after the last patch which kind of made the knuckler a lot more like last year's "zigzag" pattern rather than the launch's 12-6 variation and made it harder to spot my pitches, has kind of gone down hill. He got RotY and worked his way up through as the ace for the Royals. Thankfully they kept me down in AA the full season as well as one entire season in AAA (I won their championship), so I was able to reap all the rewards of being a full time starter, and, thus, able to actually accumulate points. Don't know if I'm going to start over and go with a Halladay build or not.

Same can't be said for my shortstop. Was called up the first season to the MLB by the Orioles (who are horrible), and pretty much sat the half of the season riding the bench being subbed in as a super-utility guy -- including playing catcher, for whatever the hell reason, which I hate -- and being asked to pinch run every 4th or so game. By age 22, I had the attributes of a 19 year old, and that's thanks to ineptitude of the Oriole's management AI as they couldn't groom a prospect to save their lives.

Was finally traded to San Diego who sent me back down to triple A where I could actually make it to the all-star break without getting called up. Kind of sucks since he's a power/contact hitter at this point in a park I hate hitting in (Petco), but at least they treat me better. Seems they need a hitter pretty badly, but pitching seems to be getting progressively worse, too, so whatever..

Working on a closer right now, who is only a double A reliever for the Braves.

Edited by iamjax

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IHit Bombs - 1B playing for the White Sox

Currently in my 4th year in the Bigs - 64/168 .381 avg 22hr, 45 rbi 37 runs .455 obp .875 slg

Career - 601/1857 .324 avg

157hr

434 rbi

Have made the all-star team in all three seasons, lead the league in hrs,rbi's for two seasons won al rookie of the year, al mvp twice, hank aaron twice, made the playoffs in all three year, won world series in rookie year.