MLB The Show Buddy Thread

OnlineKiller-V1

Since their is a high risk that you will be ban if you decide to boost why not add a couple of people to your buddy list to make finding games much easier.

This will be a good way to avoid those people who quit in the first inning and play with people who just want to have a fun time.

psn OnlineKiller-v1

Edited by OnlineKiller-V1

Not true. If you disconnect they take away 2.

I didn't even disconnect, both his and mine internet weren't just working to good and I got charged with the loss and disconnect.

That sucked. I haven't disconnected so I didn't know there was a point loss. You still can quit in the first inning without penalty.

But in the end, it's a much better system than last year

My PSN is Robb_Quinlan.

Likely won't be playing online for another day or so, as I still need to get Bacon, Batting Performance Evaluated, and Peak Training out of the way first. Should finish that tonight.

I've never once played online, so I don't know how good I'd be, but I'll be glad to play some of you guys for fun once I knock those 3 RTTS trophies out of the way.

You guys can go ahead and add me. My PSN is the same as my name on here.

If you are one that's going to go to the bullpen instead of the quit button when you give up 4 runs in an inning, then that's my preferred crowd. I dont' mind getting shut down, but I only appreciate it if it comes from a certain degree of integrity instead of screwing with some of the game's flaws or connection issues.

Maybe we can get a league going if there's enough players.

A league would be a good way to get everybody XP and schedule games at the same time. We'd all have to agree on some settings though and I'm not sure we could do that with everyones different skill levels.

Something around the default settings maybe. I think the only thing I can see some people wanting to turn on or off is the Guess Pitch function and Classic vs Meter pitching. That or make things interesting with the analog stuff (I like pitching, indifferent to fielding, but hate the batting). But we would definitely need more than 2 or 3 people on board, obviously, before discussing the finer details.

EDIT: We could also assess skill level and maybe tier it off by team. Best guy uses the Indians or Royals or something, if they are too high up the skill tree, and the worst guy gets picks of the best teams (Boston, NYY, etc.). Of course, you wouldn't be able to use your favorite team, but I don't mind at all.

Edited by iamjax

Something around the default settings maybe. I think the only thing I can see some people wanting to turn on or off is the Guess Pitch function and Classic vs Meter pitching. That or make things interesting with the analog stuff (I like pitching, indifferent to fielding, but hate the batting). But we would definitely need more than 2 or 3 people on board, obviously, before discussing the finer details.

EDIT: We could also assess skill level and maybe tier it off by team. Best guy uses the Indians or Royals or something, if they are too high up the skill tree, and the worst guy gets picks of the best teams (Boston, NYY, etc.). Of course, you wouldn't be able to use your favorite team, but I don't mind at all.

I think everyone could use what they wanted regarding meter vs analog since that is a personal setting and not determined but the match up. Guess Pitch and Difficulty level is mostly what would need to be discussed I guess. I'm not sure what level everyone else plays while offline but I imagine most here play on veteran or rookie.

Your idea about who uses which team is interesting but would be hard to determine. I will say though that I'm tired of everyone online always choosing NY, BOS, or PHIL. I'd like to see some other teams, it gets boring.

My team in real life is Philly, but since a lot of people use NYY and Boston, I'll use them then. Usually when someone uses someone like Diamondbacks or more middle of the road (by what's rated in the game) teams like Twins, I'll knock it down to an equal team. I'd be willing to bet many people only use Boston because of the ratings and probably don't even like the team, so that's why I'm not all that bothered by using the Indians or something like that.

I guess we could just soft ban a group of teams (top 5 or something), if everyone was cool with that, and choose the middle to bottom tiers. Would be kind of fun to have a tournament of Pirates, Indians, Royals, etc, since I'd be willing to bet none of you guys are ever going to see those teams outside of the league we would set up.

As for the difficulty and pitching/batting preferences, yeah -- I kind of just threw it out there. I think online is set to Veteran for Play Now, and I see a ton of people sucking even on that (I use All Star or whatever offline, but online feels so different, even after sitting in batting practice offline). We'd probably be good, and could just make adjustments as it goes.

EDIT: I wonder if you could even use Minor League teams online? I never checked. That'd kind of be interesting if you were tired of the same-ol' bouts with CC Sabathia on the mound.

Edited by iamjax

My fav team is ranked 16th and I use them online every game. A league of worst ranked teams could be fun:

Diamondbacks: 25th Overall, 23rd Batting, 27th Pitching, 27th Defense

Pirates: 26th Overall, 22nd Batting, 30th Pitching, 28th Defense

Astros: 27th Overall, 25th Batting, 28th Pitching, 23rd Defense

Mariners: 28th Overall, 29th Batting, 24th Pitching, 7th Defense

Indians: 29th Overall, 28th Hitting, 29th Pitching, 14th Defense

Royals: 30th Overall, 30th Batting, 26th Pitching, 21st Defense

Lets see if anyone else bites.

Sounds good.

We'll just dub it The Biggest Loser Invitational, and depending on how many ballots of interest we get in this thread, we'll see if we can get this thing going. Assess the crowd involved, cordon off the highest tier team (e.g., 10 players means you 20 would be the cut off), and start coming up with the rules democratically.

Have not checked into the minor league team thing yet, but that's another route, too, if it is even possible. For now, horrible teams sounds like a good idea. It'll give us something else to play against, and maybe a new team to familiarize ourselves with (barring that you are one of the only 10 Pirates fans left in existence -- after all these dark years -- that takes part in this, of course, then I guess this would be right up your alley).

I'm kind of happy we are talking about this, but lets just see who we can get involved.

Edited by iamjax

Yeah, go ahead and make your picks if you want. I went to college and high school around the Cleveland area so Indians are one choice. If not, my mothers side of the family are die hard Pitt fans, so I won't be too uninterested to take the Pirates, either. Either way, anything sounds good.