I got banned

jeffuiuc

some dick reported me for having so many wins!! What a fuckhead. They said I started games with someone and then quit.

I tried to log in and got the error saying "You cannot use PlayStation Network with this account. (8002A231)"

This is a 24 hour ban. This is also bullshit.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was planning on boosting this over the weekend. Is it true there aren't any other repercutions? Only a 3 - 4 day ban from online play? Is it all online play or just The Show? Pretty lame if they want to put out online trophies that require such time, and then not allow you to boost it with a buddy.

A comment about the die-hards not liking the wins is probably right. Although, is there even a global table? I figured it was just a personal stat and a way to give you an experience rank (Rookie v Veteran, etc).

Hearing this makes me think that the trophies for online play need to be changed.

I may not even boost now because I don't like bans!

some dick reported me for having so many wins!! What a fuckhead. They said I started games with someone and then quit.

I tried to log in and got the error saying "You cannot use PlayStation Network with this account. (8002A231)"

This is a 24 hour ban. This is also bullshit.

i called and they said it was just 24 hours

That sucks bro, when you talked to their service did they say what the ban was for?

Sucks you got banned for boosting though.

Note to self: Don't play with other people after boosting, and don't boost with someone who will report me. Lol.

Feel free to send them an email and kindly ask them to refrain from making pointless trophies with rediculously requirements. Their forum have been calling for our heads for awhile now. But it's really the fault of the developers for having this trophy. This most certainly an alternative solution for the poll they had awhile back

There have been a lot of glitchers ruining online play and they set up a poll asking if they should reset stats and wins. Since the community didn't favorably vote for stat resets I'm sure the ban was just a resolution for the people asking for stat resets. My name and a few other names from here were publicly thrown into a list of glitchers because they thought that was the only way we could have 50 game win streaks. Obviously they don't know the difference between glitching and boosting.

My advice. Don't worry about this at all. They can't ban faster than we can get the wins and a 24 hour ban won't slow you down.

I wasn't banned myself, probably because once I got my 500 points I helped my boosting buddy with my primary account and ended up at -30 or thereabouts. Still I was infuriated when I heard about this. I went over to The Show Community and found a thread where the game's representative said that he banned 45 players for cheating, some of whom will never be able to play again. Of course this news was greeted with the expected cheers from the dozen or so posters who care how other people choose to play their games. Anyway, this pissed me off and this was my response. You can read it in their forums at the link below:

Shock and Awe Mass Ban for Online Cheating - MLB 10 The Show Online Community

This is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever encountered. You release a flawed game with exploitable glitches and people are going to take advantage of them. Do they ruin the online experience for the people that they play? Absolutely and they should be banned.

You release a game with an absolutely absurd points system and an absolutely ludicrous requirement to obtain the trophy thereof and then you ban the people who choose to save themselves countless hours of frustration playing a mediocre game that is heavily flawed in its online play by just finding a like-minded friend and playing/conceding until both players have their 500 points?

Russel, what the heck is wrong with you people?! Is this how you treat the people who buy your game?! Please tell me who is being hurt by trophy boosters. Your precious stats look less impressive next to other people you've never met?? Who the heck cares?! So you say that it is silly to care about a trophy. Well some people care about meaningless trophies. Others care about their meaningless rankings in a video game. Who is to say that one is more worthwhile than the other. When it comes down to it they are both silly, but I find it appalling and indicative of an incredible lack of judgment that you would ban people from PSN for any amount of time because some gamers who can't mind their own business complained about how others choose to play the game.

Glitchers and cheaters should always be dealt with. But those who boost trophies always boost with someone who is working with them and in agreement with what is being done. They are not ruining or affecting the online experience for a single person out there. Having a 50 game win streak does not necessarily mean that a person was cheating.

Russel I urge you in the future to look into the cases being reported. A number of people I know have been reported as cheaters because someone saw their stats and determined they must be cheating. But they weren't cheated themselves. I hope you will look into each case one by one and realize that how me and my friend decide to play the game is no business of anyone else. It is not your job to maintain the "purity" of the leaderboard of the statistics. Your job is to make sure that people aren't being taken advantage of or cheated.

I am appalled at this decision and I hope that in the future you will make better choices in dealing with these problems. Learn to separate the cheaters from the boosters and don't be swayed by those who are obsessed with their standings on the leaderboards. That is not your job.

FUCK MLB!!! I will never buy this game again. I dont care if its a one trophy platinum in the future. I got a 24 hour ban. I havent even played the game in 2 Weeks. If you dont want online boosting, dont make online trophies part of the platinum.

I let the guy on the phone know this was bullshit and i didnt care about the stupid ass leaderboards.

also does anyone know if you keep your trophy after the suspension

I cant imagine they will take your trophy away.

That is BS. I'll check tonight to see if I've been banned but I doubt it as I've only got 100 MLB points and a 12-2 record. If I do end up being banned, I will be infuriated.

My record is like 12-2 also and i got the ban. Next year its 2K or nothing for me.

Wow. Just wow. I can't believe how much they care about the online integrity and leaderboards and whatnot for a completely BROKEN online mode. Seriously, in the 3 years I've had this game (08, 09, 10) I still have yet to complete a full 9 inning game out of like 10 tries or so. Last year I boosted the 1-inning wins needed, and this year I will probably do the same, but maybe I'll wait until the end of the summer when everyone gets their panties in a bunch for Madden and moves away from baseball.

Even if the game didn't quit out on me all the time, the game isn't really that fun online. There are so many different things to exploit that if you play one of the spazzoids that actually cares about this sht, then I can guarantee you won't have a good time. Unless you like losing repeatedly.

Edited by acerazer1

If I had any interest in actually going online again I'd be interested to see what my ban is. I'm kinda the catalyst of the boosting movement.

It appears this will be an occasional thing they do. If you and a boosting partner can finish within a week, they probably won't catch you before you get the trophy. It's complete bullshit that they are doing this to people who aren't glitching or exploiting.